7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

My instinct is that a decent chunk of the thread is more quiet than I'd like. (Tani, Xino parked votes, have not heard from Elk, Mint is understandably busy, TUO has been watching the thread but saying nothing at all, which is a good place for Sja to be, Drought and Chantara are similarly quiet.) I still think Illwei is playing too boldly for Sja but she played that way as Kohga so I'm not going to rule her out. But I also think Sja is best served by keeping a low profile and staying out of trouble so that's where I'm looking first. Conversions are a limited resource and burning too many will dent Sja's survivability, so that will affect her play too.

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It's an MR, so yes and no :P

I'll sheep you on TUO

First of all, most of that lurking was me looking at the thread, turning my phone off, and walking away. I only just caught up. Second of all, lurking at the edge of the thread is a good place Sja, but it's also a fairly normal place for me. It's pretty in character for all of us actually. I can't remember Drought that much though. Third of all, I am not liking Mat's tone at all this game, but after my incorrect tunnel last game I don't want to pursue it.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

First of all, most of that lurking was me looking at the thread, turning my phone off, and walking away. I only just caught up. Second of all, lurking at the edge of the thread is a good place Sja, but it's also a fairly normal place for me. It's pretty in character for all of us actually. I can't remember Drought that much though. Third of all, I am not liking Mat's tone at all this game, but after my incorrect tunnel last game I don't want to pursue it.

You never like my tone lol

I'm being a bit different this game and I'm not doing it intentionally but I'm also aware of it, which I realize is a very elimmy thing to say which is funny. But I'm more aloof I guess, is how I view it? Not that I don't care, but also /shrug :P

It's pretty in character for all of us actually.

I am offend! :P

Drought is a returning player who was Hyena in the recent anon game.

51 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It's an MR, so yes and no :P

RIP yeah I just realised. I guess my brain is still in LG80 mode >>

Yeah then it'll be more clear what Sja-anat's strat is due to actions economy since she has to go for either/or and the charge limitation applies.

54 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I think the biggest reason to wait is really that with a single Evil player right now, Sja's influence on the lynch is likely minimal. The whole point of gleaning information in a normal game is premised on the idea we can look for connections and concerted pushes. D1 Illwei, Devo, and Steel in LG80 is an example of that. But since Sja is a lone wolf at the moment, looking for her will be a needle in the haystack at this point in time. D1 won't be useless - we can use it as a baseline to check for consistencies. My point is that it will be of less use than it would be in a standard game, and therefore it is less critical for us to ensure that we have a lynch.

And this - I haven't made it clear but this is why I figure I'm not a bad place to park the lynch. /shrug For reasons already mentioned.

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Second of all, lurking at the edge of the thread is a good place Sja, but it's also a fairly normal place for me. It's pretty in character for all of us actually.

Which is why it's still good to put attention there. It being in character for all of you doesn't say anything about whether you specifically are Evil but you behaving in the way Sja would (well, one particular flavour of Sja) still increases the odds that Sja is in the group of people who are lurking, on the assumption that Sja is behaving that way. Nevertheless, overall, odds are still not in our favour that we'll find Sja, raw probability-wise.

TUO, Kasimir.

Yello!

I'm not saying stuff cuz there's not much for me to say.

Kas, you should come help us kill Araris to keep Arenta off your porch. Also, Araris isn't helping you die.

Here, how about this: If you help us kill Araris this cycle, I'll help you kill you next cycle. Unless you don't want me to.

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

Kas, you should come help us kill Araris to keep Arenta off your porch. Also, Araris isn't helping you die.

Araris is currently in the lead, you don't need my help. I'm voting for the person I find most suspicious :P 

Spoiler

kmxo29vzzco71.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tani said:

Here, how about this: If you help us kill Araris this cycle, I'll help you kill you next cycle. Unless you don't want me to.

See, the problem is: why would I be down for killing Araris this cycle? I'm down for killing me this cycle :P Though arranging for my death is not a bad idea, hmm...

Suggestion that people plan their Death Rattles carefully. Also, if you have a provable role, even if you don't claim it, you may want to think of a way you can seed/claim in extremis. It won't prove that you're not Evil but being able to narrow down our pool of Malibu suspects would be helpful anyway.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Suggestion that people plan their Death Rattles carefully. Also, if you have a provable role, even if you don't claim it, you may want to think of a way you can seed/claim in extremis. It won't prove that you're not Evil but being able to narrow down our pool of Malibu suspects would be helpful anyway.

Are roles not revealed on death? I was just going to make an anagram or something lol

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Are roles not revealed on death? I was just going to make an anagram or something lol

Well, they are, but I was thinking of LG5, where...God, I can't remember her name, Paila? Sphinx? Someone used the Death Rattle to tell the Village what items she had when she was killed, which was pretty helpful. The sentence after that was not linked to the Death Rattle sentence, just stuff like you know, if you roleclaimed to one player and you think it's a bad sign if you're killed, maybe find a suitably cryptic way to tell us. Stuff like that.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:53 AM, Ashbringer said:

In addition, Death Rattles cannot contain Player Names or Role Names to show their cryptic nature. Nicknames for either are fine.

E.g. If you're a role, you can hint at who your previous targets were, you can talk about who you had PMs with, that sort of thing. Just gotta be cryptic and < 100 words.

Okay, my vote is definitely going on Tani, because I was just trying to help Kas, and she is trying to kill me. Also for trying to interfere with the porch business. If Arenta was still around she’d whack you for being so presumptuous as to assume that a young whippersnapper such as yourself knows anything about the value of porches.

Fortunately, Pooh has his own perfectly fine front porch, so he doesn’t actually want another one. That was Arenta, and she’s mostly gone now. Arenta wants all the porches. Then she can charge you rent for them.

Reference to the fact she scanned and saw nothing of interest on two nights (she was a scanner), and the last part there is especially clever - her emotion bracelet (action scan item) was taken from her. Pailan/Sphinx, I was close enough. Anyway that's not important, my point is clear enough. It's a good way to pass info as a contingency as long as Moelach is alive, so why not be a bit clever about it?

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

That was Arenta, and she’s mostly gone now. Arenta wants all the porches. Then she can charge you rent for them.

This Arenta sounds like a terrifying eldritch abomination of the bourgeoisie!

Araris Valerian (1):  Tani

The Unknown Order (1):  Matrim's Dice

Matrim's Dice (1): |TJ|

Frozen Mint (1): Elandera

Tani (1): Araris

Xino (1): Xino

Kasimir (1): Kasimir

6 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Is Sja converting during the Day and killing at Night?

Is there a Day/Night?

I'm going to venture the claim that a low activity player is the best one to off D1, so as to cut down on the prospect of a convert hiding in the weeds of inactivity. And self-voting seems to be trending this cycle. So, xinoehp512.

11 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Smh you actually think you caught me xD TJ

But no, that wasn't the initial reason I voted you. The initial reason I voted you was purely because you said Sja was nice, which you can see from the post I did so. I felt fine leaving it there after Kas claimed and after the ISO.

Smh, I was like 60% sure that I had caught a slip >> Your retraction was for my suspicion on you?

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I would sheep my highest trust at this point but my highest trust is voting on me

Your highest trust was sleeping smh :P. Just saw your previous post now 

But yeah, screw it I'm going for stormspren!Kas/Sja!Kas gambit Kasimir

Also, @xinoehp512 are you trying to prove you're not low-lying Sja by voting for yourself?

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And I trust them specifically for voting me

Why?

And are you not convinced by TJ's reasoning? Are you not worried that you have just made him a target for Sja?

6 hours ago, Illwei said:

Neither Kas nor Tani is Sja Anat

?

Hi, I'm here. On the Kasimir kill, I wish I had put more time into accusing people to get their responses. At this point in the cycle, I'm afraid four hours means we should be firming up our lynch options rather than bringing more into the fray so I'll get on the Kasimir is a stormspren wagon. My tinfoil hat is yelling at me saying this is Sja Anat trying to gain village credit, but I don't think that would be Kasimirs way to play this.

Reasons for voting Kasimir

1 He asked us to

2 Prevent a powerful conversion (both in role and player) that would only take one charge.

3 Everyone continues to play a fun conversion game.

Tinfoil thoughts

1 Kasimir wants to gain our trust as Sja Anat, will survive the first kill and pretend that makes him a bad choice for Sja, but still gets two conversions for a three elim team in a relatively small game.

2 Kasimir regrets signing up and is telling us he is a storm spren so we attack and kill him and he can relax in the spec doc.

As long as we don't trust him based on his surviving, lynching Kas this cycle may not be the worst way to go. 

Meta thoughts

Spoiler

I love conversion games. They add an additional challenge to the people who suddenly have to undo all their hard work on the village. The sudden gut-wrenching pivot from good to evil while holding a straight face provides so much adrenaline. They are hard to set up and execute properly and I think the charges idea is a great balance. Lynching Sja Anat is another fun thing because we are rewarded by killing an eliminator (taking away up to two conversions), but the game doesn't just end if we find the elim the first cycle. I tip my hat to your game design @Ashbringer

35 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

2 Kasimir regrets signing up and is telling us he is a storm spren so we attack and kill him and he can relax in the spec doc.

Nah, this is blatant game-throwing and I really don't think Kas will  this. 

36 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

1 Kasimir wants to gain our trust as Sja Anat, will survive the first kill and pretend that makes him a bad choice for Sja, but still gets two conversions for a three elim team in a relatively small game.

Depends. If he is Sja-anat, he 'll have 3 charges after surviving the execution. So he can either convert 3 spren  or 1 unmade + 1 spren. Depends on his preference if he likes numerical superiority or power.