2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Just a reminder that ties are randomized. We've got ~15 minutes until rollover. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sigh. Okay. I find Araris's claim initially plausible though of course I'd say that. A convert would know that too though, and as Elk pointed out, this says nothing about whether Araris was converted C1. But that's easy to rectify since we'd be expecting scan results from him as long as he remained alive, so he can't be sending in kills which would make him functionally useless to Sja even if he was a C1 convert. Ditto for C2.

If Araris is killed this cycle, then we know for certain that Team Sja is on late enough to change orders. That narrows down the set a bit, since we know who was on and TUO was scanning the thread.

It's down to Elan or Elk for me.

• Elandera (2): Kasimir, , Matrim's Dice
  • Elkanah (2): |TJ|, Chantara
  • Araris Valerian (1): Tani
  • Tani (1): Araris Valerian
  • Illwei (2): Elandera, Elkanah

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4 minutes

MR53 Cycle 3: First Blood, And Then Some

[Writeup to Come]

Elkanah was executed! They were Loyal Ashertmarn!

• [No Death Rattle Recorded]

|TJ| was killed! They were Loyal Yelig-Nar!

• "Protected those who kill themselves. Thwarted two tap attempts
    Mishram is the only one who can see-anat. Stopped his face from going splat" 

Illwei was killed! They were a Loyal Nightspren!

• [No Death Rattle Recorded]

Final Vote Count:

• Elkanah (4): |TJ|, Chantara, Illwei, Kasimir
  • Illwei (3): Elandera, Elkanah
  • Elandera (1): Matrim's Dice
  • Matrim's Dice (1): Droughtbringer     <- might have lost this one at some point I'll have to check.
  • Araris Valerian (1): Tani
  • Tani (0): Araris Valerian

@Squirrelwatcher has replaced Frozen Mint! Welcome them to the game!

The cycle will end on Sunday, Sept. 26th at 12:00 PM (Noon) PST

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice - a random voidspren
  2. @xinoehp512
  3. @The Unknown Order - Jimmith
  4. Elkanah - TBD (not to be confused with tbd)Loyal Ashertmarn
  5. @Araris Valerian - Winnie the Pooh
  6. |TJ|Loyal Yelig-Nar
  7. Frozen Mint - Emma - @Squirrelwatcher
  8. @Azmine_king
  9. @Elandera
  10. @Tani
  11. @Droughtbringer
  12. @Chantara - Veeda, or V
  13. @Kasimir - Aizu
  14. Illwei Loyal Nightspren

10 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

"Protected those who kill themselves. Thwarted two tap attempts
Mishram is the only one who can see-anat. Stopped his face from going splat"

I'm going to guess he's saying he protected me C1 - I killed myself by offering myself to the lynch and self-voting - averting a potential double-tap, and Araris C2 (this bit is clearer.)

Edited to add: Araris was votejacked off Tani to vote for Illwei. Was this a bit of chaos? 

Edited to add 2: @Araris Valerian, who did you scan?

Edited by Kasimir

2 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Well, I'm going to have to read through the end of last cycle at least 3 more times to understand half of what happened. 

Smh this why'd you guys switch to Elk

By 'guys' I mean Illwei/Kas, one of which flipped vil and the other which was cleared not!Sja and I personally would be shocked if were evil. The other people on the Elk train... TJ died and flipped vil, and Chantara's vote I recall thinking just was an overaction from a villager

what

Missing vote from Tani is kinda sus ngl :eyes: maybe I'm tunneling.

I agree with Kas' interpretation of TJ's rattle.

PoE remains the same, with the lower activity people hiding in the corners. Would be shocked if there wasn't someone in [xino, tani, az, elan, tuo, chantara] which I get is a stupidly big pool but I will not kill anyone not inside of those bars

Oh yeah welcome Squirrel, guess we could kill you too :P

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

By 'guys' I mean Illwei/Kas, one of which flipped vil and the other which was cleared not!Sja and I personally would be shocked if were evil. The other people on the Elk train... TJ died and flipped vil, and Chantara's vote I recall thinking just was an overaction from a villager

Elan was a weak gut and a profile reason. I guess when push came to shove, I didn't feel strongly enough about it when I asked myself if I wanted her to die. Part of it was disliking the options available - some of it was a meta read of Illwei (remember, Elim Illwei in LG80 didn't want to shorten the days despite her team being in a losing position), Araris was off the table, and Araris being off the table entailed you were off the table (due to my theory; Araris was one of the other candidates but Araris being BAM and Illwei being a Nightspren actually strengthens it, unfortunately) - so to me, it had become an Elan/Elk choice.

Elk was peripheral enough and non-committal enough I was fine with him being lynched. I felt that he could fit a peripheral Sja profile, and a prospective non-involved convertee profile. It boiled down to me disliking his non-committalness more than I disliked Elan going onto Illwei after me earlier in the cycle.

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Missing vote from Tani is kinda sus ngl :eyes: maybe I'm tunneling.

I think the question is, roughly when would it be time-stamped? It gets interesting if the person wasn't on for near EoC madness, because that might really be an attempt to save Tani, or an attempt to killwei. And I think it's close enough anyway since it was 2-2-2-2 for quite a while until Illwei and I both switched almost simultaneously to Elk.

Edited to add: Suppose it is an attempt to Killwei though. We need to sort through which kill was which - it looks to me like a Chermoarish kill, so we have an active Chermoarish who is not afraid to take shots. It's an Even Cycle so Re-Shepir doesn't come into play. My read from the cycle discussion is that it is more likely TJ was the Elim kill, in which case, Illwei was likely the Chermoarish kill. Unclear if the vote swing was enemy action or Villager fog-of-war.

Edited to add 2: I don't see Illwei as being an Elim kill because I think Sja would rather leave her alive in the hopes of continuing the chaos. TJ to me reads the more natural Elim kill. On the assumption that TJ is in fact the Elim kill, why? His main contributions for the cycle were twofold: he introduced the Elk train (but that should have made him a natural candidate for suspicion the next cycle - does this suggest that Team Sja had locked the vote in earlier hoping that TJ would be low info?), and he suggested that I be scanned rather than lynched. So we have two other resulting possibilities - TJ was thought to be an action scanner (after his talk about action scans) and killed, or TJ was threat killed (possible).

TJ was Spook but we didn't claim to each other because it's useless on my part and because we're professional paranoids, just discussed our suspicions. It's the reason I felt Illwei was a non-Sja candidate: TJ and I were racking our brains for who might have hooked us up with a PM, since I had initially just assumed he was an Envoyspren and so not Sja. This led us to a short pool of D-G candidates, which I then endeavoured to not vote on.

Edited by Kasimir