You guys are giving me flashbacks

Vote Count:

• Araris Valerian (3): Illwei, Tani, Matrim's Dice
  • Matrim's Dice (2): Droughtbringer, Kasimir
  • Illwei (2): Elandera, Elkanah
  • Tani (1): Araris Valerian

Also, I know I'm not the IM and I know this has been discussed somewhat in PMs, but people shouldn't feel like punching each other / make people feel like punching them / whatever. This is a forum game, mostly intended for one's enjoyment. There's no cash prize at the end. So try to enjoy :)

6 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

But voting for me doesn't really help you, because I can just self-preservation/retaliate on you. I hate it, but I shouldn't die here.

:P touché and fair

Tani

1/4 is better odds than 1/2

Mat's in a tough spot here. He was on Tani and can't add the third vote, and doesn't want to vote for himself. I'm committed to a tie, unless I get something better which is tough for Mat to provide, so a vote for Illwei means I swap onto Mat. The last option is voting Araris, who retaliates and Mat's odd go from 1/4 to 1/2

Edit: somehow I just wasn't notified of the last four posts

Edited by Elkanah

20 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Oof. I can count. 

Which was QF29? 

Huh. I only vaguely remember that game. 

Lopen's. You signed up as Lopen because apparently everyone was stealing everyone's names. My mental activity/player profile of you has unfortunately fossilised from that game, except I've apparently confused you with Devo which is embarrassing. In which case, I'll have to shift your category, yeah. Funny thing is I remember conspiring in PMs with you and Devo and some weird "who will partner with whom" thing because partnering afforded some kill-protection.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Since I will shortly be going offline until the end of the cycle (I might be back in the last 5 minutes to save myself if necessary), I suppose I'll say that of the 4 people up to die today, in decreasing order I prefer to kill Tani, Illwei, Matrim, and lastly myself.

I'd say Tani, Araris, Illwei, Myself

See you in the last five minutes? :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Am I near the top for having done something, or not having done something? Is it because I'm Sja, or because after so many elim games in a row, I just don't remember how to village?

Hopefully I'll see you after that.

I don't know why you're up tbh. I'd rather stay on Tani but I'd rather rather survive.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't know why you're up tbh. I'd rather stay on Tani but I'd rather rather survive.

Why, specifically, by the way, are you on Tani? This was asked earlier by Chantara and you mentioned it was never elaborated - but you had started with a Tani vote and Araris backed you up and I'm curious as to why.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Why, specifically, by the way, are you on Tani? This was asked earlier by Chantara and you mentioned it was never elaborated - but you had started with a Tani vote and Araris backed you up and I'm curious as to why.

-Fits the Sja profile of a low profile

-Pushing Araris for little/no reasons

-An inch of gut meta where it seems like they're being more serious than normal

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

-Fits the Sja profile of a low profile

-Pushing Araris for little/no reasons

-An inch of gut meta where it seems like they're being more serious than normal

I'll be honest, I'm still conflicted because my theory about you has you as the most likely candidate for something else, but my vote on you was partly because I'm indifferent, and partly because of Sja and Sja convert profile reasons.

The side-votes on Tani look weird to me, but I don't have strong feelings on Tani one way or another - it's the context that has me feeling a little suspicious.

But logically speaking, I shouldn't be indifferent: if my theory is correct, I have stronger reason to believe you can't be Sja as compared to believing that Araris can't be Sja. Which means...

Araris Mat

And the balance is upset once again /shrug

Okay so I was confused on whom to vote for but I just caught up and I have a suspect. 

Kas shouldn't die this cycle. I'm not sure if Illwei should either. Kas' vote on Mat is valid but it's also only one of the probably equally likely scenarios he's posted. Tani's retraction was.... weird. Araris would have the least villagery of the 4. But my suspect is...

2 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Wow, there is a lot of thread in this thread. sorry for my low engagement, it's been a busy week. 

I don't think Kas is Sja (as much as I think he deserves a quiet rest on his porch).

Mat and Drought read good to me... or at least not Sja. Either one is a decent conversion and drought is suddenly more active... I want to village read Drought for this cycle. I have liked his posts. Next cycle, who knows.

I want to go through and quote Illwei's posts line by line. They have many inconsistencies and assumptions, and I want to point each out individually. However, Kas has done a decent job of that and I really just don't have time. Their activity and content are completely NAI to me. I honestly can't remember playing a single game with Illwei where they weren't an elim. These posts all sound normal to me for Illwei, so I naturally suspect them. Who knows though. Oh wait! I should amend that. I don't think I can remember a game where Illwei wasn't an elim, but survived the first day. We've killed them day one before, and they were always village. 

All that to say I'm not willing to seal the casket on Illwei just yet. 

Outside those reads, I'm not sure. It looks like it's a three-way tie between Araris, Illwei, and Tani. That's just the way I like it and I think the way I'll leave it. If there was a vote for Chan, Xino, Mint, or myself, I'd probably add on to one of those to make it four ways.

This whole post just sounds so odd. The bolded part, the whole thing about Illwei, not exactly committing to Illwei vote, and then only voting on Illwei to create a tie. Whole thing cares about not caring who dies. Post contains either obvious, or common consensus points. This is not a meta vote or if I think if he's Sja or likely to have been converted. It's a pure strong-gut vote that the post feels all kinds of wrong.

Elkanah

I agree. That and Elk's playstyle this game is very similar to other games I've played with him and he flipped elim. I'm a little surprised this is the first vote on him and I would also vote for him if I hadn't read his GM PM. I wouldn't think Elk is Sja, but he fits the profile to get converted. 

However as I am still village, I was hoping the gods would give me some insight. I don't care about lynching Illwei. I was more interested in the tie, which is over. Illwei

4 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

I agree. That and Elk's playstyle this game is very similar to other games I've played with him and he flipped elim. I'm a little surprised this is the first vote on him and I would also vote for him if I hadn't read his GM PM. I wouldn't think Elk is Sja, but he fits the profile to get converted. 

However as I am still village, I was hoping the gods would give me some insight. I don't care about lynching Illwei. I was more interested in the tie, which is over. Illwei

Did you just write the beginning of this post to sounds like it was quoted??????? Something weird is going on here. Elkanah 

Hmm. That's interesting. So maybe let's don't Lynch Araris?

There are two reasons I can think why elim Araris would claim this. Either he is converted and is trying to get the real BAM to claim and reveal himself, or he is BAM and converted and wants to bring Kas with him. 

I don't think the first and the second doesn't seem like Araris.

For clarity, I really would have voted for myself if I wasn't me. I find myself falling into bad habits I have add an elim. I'm trying to rectify these habits.

For an alternate Lynch candidate May I point us to Xino?

Araris

Mininally.

It's a moot point - either Araris is lying or he is not. If he is lying, we'll soon find out. If he isn't, a BAM scan could be useful. Or Araris will be dead or converted. If he is dead or converted, we know that one of Sja or Team Sja was on in time to send in the kill/convert order, and probably change it.

Excuse me while I go tear my hair out and stare at what's left of my reads.

Ah, for frick's sake. Elan for now.

Edited to add: Or yeah, he could be converted BAM. Tempted to back TJ up on Elk, but at the same time, I dislike Chantara's throwing on so I am a bit at a loss.

Edited by Kasimir

Vote Count:

• Tani (2): Matrim's Dice, Araris Valerian
  • Elkanah (2): |TJ|, Chantara
  • Araris Valerian (2): Tani, Illwei
  • xinoehp512 (1): Elkanah
  • Elandera (1): Kasimir
  • Illwei (1): Elandera

Just a reminder that ties are randomized. We've got ~15 minutes until rollover. 

Edited by Ashbringer