Ask the grapevine, if your question is worthy you will be answered.

Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

21 hours ago, AonEne said:

Alrighty then. What is it? 

The list is quite extensive, I'll just give you a brief sampling of the things I don't know:

• Esparanto (but that just puts me in a similar condition as 7.399999 billion other articulate hominids) 
  • Why they make so many different types of triscuits. I thought the whole point of a triscuits was as a uniform base for a variety of different hourederves. 
  • How to spell "Or-Derves", I should just refer yo them as finger foods, see I don't know why I chose to type a word I don't know how to spell, so that's another one. 
  • The primary export of Bhutan to Vanautu (I could look it up, but in this I am content in my ignorance). 
  • How if the universe is the sum total of the material world, and it's expanding, what is it expanding into? Or is it like a smoke ring, blown from the big Bang, stretching, attenuating and becoming less and less dense and ergo less substantial. And if that's the case, is the Universe really just like the puffed smoke from the caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland? Each puffed ring formed and fated to spread out and fade, to be replaced by another in a never ending succession of bangs and fades? 
  • Why the US and Great Britain still aren't using the metric system. I don't get this at all, but at my age I would hate to say goodbye to my old friends the dram, the hogshead, the hectare, and the peck. 
  • The weight in nanograms of the average louse egg. Ick, I actually don't care to know this one. 
  • Why people like Henry James, I've never understood this. The turn of the screw gets built up as a classic Gothic horror story, but it's really quite dull (in my opinion). 
  • Why you would ask me an open ended question that serves as a flimsy pretext to rant and gripe. 
  • How to make marscapone. It would be nice to figure this one out. 
21 hours ago, AonEne said:

Do you prefer psychology or sociology? 

That's one of those depends. I think some very good books have been written by people interested in Sociology, but in the main it has always seemed like one of the softest of the sciences. And there have been some profoundly weird theories that have been pursued down the darkly mirrored corridors of Psychology (especially by the pioneers of psychology), but I think the study of the mind is intrinsically interesting and as long as it's not some dull article about selective bias, I would prefer to read articles about Psychology. 

I like the idea of the mind holding itself as an object of thought, it has that recursive quality of a tailor sewing his own clothes or a barber cutting their own hair that I find appealing. 

OK, your turn for some questions if you're game:

• Which do you prefer Psychology or Sociology? 
  • Which do you like better: bagels, English muffins, crumpets, buttermilk biscuits, or wheat toast? 
  • Has your tongue ever been stuck to metal when it was below freezing out? 
  • How do pronounce the word "rather"? As "Raw-ther" or so it rhymes with blather? 
  • Do you have a song stuck in your head, and if so what is it? (I have chopsticks stuck in my head). 
  • Which would you take: one million dollars, a $25,000 stipend per annum for the rest of your life, or an island in the Seychelles? 
Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

7 minutes ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Which would you take: one million dollars, a $25,000 stipend per annum for the rest of your life, or an island in the Seychelles?

Probably the stipend option. If I have a giant chunk of money I'm less likely to use it wisely than if I get smaller chunks over time.

And an island isn't a valid option IMO.

Edited by Tani

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

Probably the stipend option. If I have a giant chunk of money I'm less likely to use it wisely than if I get smaller chunks over time.

And an island isn't a valid option IMO.

Yeah, I'd pick the stipend too unless I could make my own country on my island, then I would declare sand our national currency and we'd all be rich (until hyper-inflation sets in). 

4 hours ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Why you would ask me an open ended question that serves as a flimsy pretext to rant and gripe. 

OK, your turn for some questions if you're game:

• Which do you prefer Psychology or Sociology? 
  • Which do you like better: bagels, English muffins, crumpets, buttermilk biscuits, or wheat toast? 
  • Has your tongue ever been stuck to metal when it was below freezing out? 
  • How do pronounce the word "rather"? As "Raw-ther" or so it rhymes with blather? 
  • Do you have a song stuck in your head, and if so what is it? (I have chopsticks stuck in my head). 
  • Which would you take: one million dollars, a $25,000 stipend per annum for the rest of your life, or an island in the Seychelles? 

You said you knew, and I was interested! 

Ooh, that's not how this usually goes. I'm game. 

I like both a lot; probably sociology at the moment, because psychology often slips into talking about brains as an organ, which I currently find distasteful. (Seriously; they don't taste good.) 

The buttermilk biscuits, I think. 

Not that I can remember. I don't like the cold. 

So it rhymes with blather. 

I did earlier today: We Don't Talk About Bruno. Not now though; I'm listening to Minecraft music and it's very calming and nice. 

Probably the million just in case I die young.