Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kalamitous_emoashions

Hi All - Thought you might like to see my Stormlight Tattoo

10 posts in this topic

Hi All - I have been around for a fair while but never particularly active. I just like to see all the amazing theories. 

Thought you might like to see my Stormlight tattoo though - I got a stylised version of the Kholin house shield. 

We flipped the positions of the glyphs, because the crown fits the space better at the top - and also went for a more photorealistic crown, because as a tattoo the glyph crown was hard to make work in the space and also looked a tad strange compared to the gate to have walking around in public all the time. 

But I know what it means and represents, and have had a couple of people ask me if it is based on the Kholin shield over the past year which is cool.

I got this specifically as I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago, and the quote that was consistently in my mind, and helped me the most was: 

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it?
It's the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar.

So it's both a reminder of the quote, and based on my love of all things fantasy, especially Brandon Sanderson. 

It's on my inside forearm for reference. 

Hope you like it!

Screenshot_20210910_121446.thumb.jpg.ed51b0e1a12f2cc72cd8e4bd9f792073.jpg

Oooo! It looks so cool!

Thanks all! Good to be here and plan to get a bit more active. 

Now for the real question though - what Cosmere based tattoo should I get next? Any recommendations? 

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 

While the symbol is excellent, I will probably want to wait and find out exactly what the Ghostbloods motives and actions are in the cosmere before I get it permanently inked on me. Worst case scenario it might be kind of hard to explain why I have the symbol of a genocidal organisation led by a murderous rogue who have committed untold atrocities across multiple planets. 

'I like the symbol' doesn't quite cut the mustard for an explanation :lol: