Dalinar and Navanis relationship, if Dalinar loses to duel

LordFlea

It seems that Dalinar is on a trajectory to lose the duel which sucks for a couple of reasons.

On of the reasons will be that Navani will be widowed again. Kinda, because her husband will be reincarnated by an evil god to be used as his world conquering Warlord. She won't be able to ignore it either now shes a Bondsmith.

Former lovers forced into war against each other by their respective God/Godess maybe?

It's an interesting situation that Brandon's setting up, one that has the potential to be so tragic.

I think Navani is more likely to reach the fifth bondsmith oath than Dalinar after her character growth during the last book - So yes, if Dalinar ends up being on the other side of the war, their relationship will definitely be interesting. It will force her to truly shine in a way she couldn't last time her husband died. Navani outgunning fused-Dalinar with fabrial-super-weapons would be a fun read for sure!

That is if Gavilar doesn't rise from his grave and forces her into completing her character arc, then I don't think Dalinar will have a similar fall arc, though who knows?

2 hours ago, LordFlea said:

It seems that Dalinar is on a trajectory to lose the duel which sucks for a couple of reasons.

On of the reasons will be that Navani will be widowed again. Kinda, because her husband will be reincarnated by an evil god to be used as his world conquering Warlord. She won't be able to ignore it either now shes a Bondsmith.

Former lovers forced into war against each other by their respective God/Godess maybe?

It's an interesting situation that Brandon's setting up, one that has the potential to be so tragic.

It's an interesting theory, but I must differ. In RoW, there are many instances in which Hoid mentions a tie. The contract that Dalinar and Rayse agreed upon, only show the results if one side is victor over the other, however, there are no mentions of what happens if there is a tie between both sides. 

If T-Odium wins, he keeps the lands Rayse won, and Dalinar surrenders to him. If Dalinar wins, he gets back Herdaz and Alethkar, and in both situations, T-Odium remains bound and trapped in Roshar. Taravangian saw this when he ascended, but we also know that he promised to save them all. Many of the community agree that he refers to all the people in the Cosmere, who Taravangian believes are ruled by fools and "Broken Gods". For Taravangian to accomplish his goals, he needs to extend his influence, that means that he has to be free of Roshar. Hoid is, I assume, looking for Taravangian to do this, whatever his reasons are.

Why does everyone assume Todium is going to be a bad guy?  For all you know he will be an entirely kind and benevolent god of Passion that will ultimately save everyone?  He does care, and unlike before he isnt so far outclassed that he has to use all the distasteful options.  

B)

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

Why does everyone assume Todium is going to be a bad guy?  For all you know he will be an entirely kind and benevolent god of Passion that will ultimately save everyone?  He does care, and unlike before he isnt so far outclassed that he has to use all the distasteful options.  

B)

Exactly, but do not forget that he's Odium now, not Passion, so there are things that we are still unaware off.

11 hours ago, Quantus said:

B)

I mean, if we are going to argue that, I would argue that Rayse wasn't bad either. Hell, I could see a world where it ends up that Tanavast was a dick and Rayse was justified.

30 minutes ago, apepi said:

I mean, if we are going to argue that, I would argue that Rayse wasn't bad either. Hell, I could see a world where it ends up that Tanavast was a dick and Rayse was justified.

• Torturing multiple individuals for thousands of years
  • Several attempted genocides
  • Litterally rendering 90+% of a planet unihabitable

Yeah, not that bad. 

11 hours ago, Frustration said:
  • Torturing multiple individuals for thousands of years
  • Several attempted genocides
  • Litterally rendering 90+% of a planet unihabitable

Yeah, not that bad. 

I mean, those people put themselves there. Rayse had nothing to do with the creation of the oathpact.

I don't remember that they actually did genocide, on the contrary the humans actually enslaved almost a whole race.

That wasn't Rayse, that was Ishar I believe?

13 minutes ago, apepi said:

I mean, those people put themselves there. Rayse had nothing to do with the creation of the oathpact.

And that makes it ok?

14 minutes ago, apepi said:

I don't remember that they actually did genocide, on the contrary the humans actually enslaved almost a whole race.

9/10 of the people Nohadon ruled died

57 minutes ago, apepi said:

That wasn't Rayse, that was Ishar I believe?

Under Odium's direction