Star's INKTOBER 2021 Thread!

Zephrun’s Imperium

61326848539a9_2021promptlist(1).jpg.90dc1cd4a32ade6be63a9b891c93a89d.jpg

*fanfare plays*

It's that time of year again. Artists! To your paper! Grab your ink pens! On your marks, get set, DRAW!

Okay, so it's not technically October yet... BUT holy Shards am I busy this year. So I have decided that instead of drawing every day, I will draw every other day. And I'll start today! Which means that y'all will get your first piece tomorrow! :D

Seriously, you guys have no idea how excited I've been about this. I bought new markers and paper for it months ago and on September 1st, I just kept refreshing the site, desperate for the moment the list came out. Since then, I've worked VERY hard every day to plan for each drawing and get references for it. The line up of drawings I have planned is gonna be wild and I think y'all will love it. I know I'll certainly be having fun! I'm so excited to go on this journey again with all of you!

Now, I know that a lot of you like the drawings to be surprises, BUT I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a discord server where I post my process in depth. I'd post time lapses and gestures and progress photos there. If you're interested, you can join HERE. Here's to a great Inktober!!!

- Star/Zi

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

Prompt 1; Crystal, featuring Pheonix Blaze from CBST with a dream crystal.

Okay, so I gotta say right off the bat, I'm not ridiculously proud of this one. I do think there are some things I did super well, like Pheo's hand and the crystal. But that said, I really think the pencil drawing turned out better than the final product. That happens sometimes. A big reason for that is his fire hair; fire hair is hard, y'all. 

So, I tried a few new things with this one. One of them was the shine on the crystal and holy crap was that an experiment that worked. The other one is something I'm still working at. Pheonix is Asian (which is a more recent change) and I'm really not used to drawing that. I'm definitely getting better, but I have a lot of work to do. Anyway, I hope you like this first installment. I will be back again not tomorrow, but Monday with more art. 

IMG_3412.thumb.jpg.6f0485a82a75f4ba908223cd109d3ea3.jpgIMG_3422.jpg.8968fd7a4258c665720a54906b71b249.jpg

Prompt 2; Suit, featuring Silver from Starchild.

For those of you who don't know him, Silver, or Lucky Silver, is @The Ward's Guard's character and the love interest of my character Pearl. He has not appeared in any RPs here on the Shard, but he's close to my heart. Silver's weakness is that he's incurably lazy, so it's significant he's wearing a suit; Star practically had to force him into it. Because, "If you're going to date my daughter, you had better look up to it." I had a ton of fun drawing this one and I think it turned out infinitely better than my last one. Be back on Wednesday with prompt 3!

(PS: This is my 8,000'th post!)

IMG_3426.jpg.2e0103b4c4f9f7e7f44e6bf45d37cde6.jpg

Prompt 3; Vessel, featuring Tamika Satrebil transforming into my name sake. Zephrun's Imperium.

For those who are unaware, an Imperium is the condensed power of a planet into a human being. They are essentially generic shards. Shards have vessels and so do Imperiums, so, hey, the prompt works. :P 

I'm going to spoiler this drawing, 'cause it's a little racy, I guess, but I'm ridiculously proud of it. We were off to a rocky start with Crystal (heh, pun), but if the following two drawings are any indication, this is gonna be an epic Inktober line up. 

Spoiler

IMG_3447.jpg.a6fa8fb132ab76ff2681e03fcfffd7b8.jpg

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

Prompt 4; Knot, featuring Sierra Satrebil from Keyed.

Sorry I'm posting this one a little late; now that I'm back in school from being sick, I don't have as much time to draw and I overestimated how much time I had to do it. I'm still super proud of it, even though Sierra's hair isn't as awesome as I wanted it to be. Knot, as you might guess, is for the braids in her hair, which Sierra is rather famous for. Usually she wears it all in a braid, but I decided to change things up this time around. See ya Sunday!

IMG_3514.jpg.ed01ab310ba81e4883887c7c7868c2df.jpg

Prompt 5; Raven, featuring Riva Praetorium from Masquerade.

I had a good time with this one! It took too long for me to settle on a pose for her, but I'm happy with the one I ended on. Riva is always one of my favorite art subjects; I love her eyes and cheekbones. Riva is the Raveness, the king's torturer. She's ancient, but with the power of cosmetics and potions, she's made herself quite pretty and has a powerful presence in the ballroom. The next prompt is one I'm particularly excited about... 

IMG_3519.thumb.jpg.acaa17ec74b8c8b058fd51ab2f3b88bc.jpg

Prompt 6: Spirit, featuring Caden and Riva from Masquerade in a High School AU. 

Okay. It works because it's a high school. School spirit anyone? Eh? Yeah, I know it's a stretch, although later drawings will be more of a stretch... I've been meaning to draw Riva and Caden in the HSAU for forever, so I'm so glad I finally got to do it, even in black and white. Not that goth Riva would look much different in color. ;) Sorry I posted this one so late! I've had a hard last few days... :(

PS Please ignore Caden's hand. I can't stand it :P

IMG_3536.thumb.jpg.93ebdc8f5b747b9fccf945bd1d738ac9.jpg

Prompt 7: Fan, featuring Rose from Oakenwey. With a fan!

So sorry this one is late! I'll post the next one tomorrow on time. I had a TON of fun drawing this one. Rose is probably my most broken character and I just love her so much. She has severe anxiety which I relate to. Plus her power set of future sight and telekinesis is just epic. This particular drawing is a scene from the RP Oakenwey that was actually never written, but it's still definitely CBST canon. 

IMG_3586.thumb.jpg.54ce2337e4f67868e2c2ab94c0822a15.jpg

Welp, I'm late again with posting... I'll be honest, these last two weeks have been incredibly hard for me, and I've been arting like crazy during it all. Working on the Creator Games, my Praetorium Poster, AND Inktober as well. So I think I'll shove all Inktober stuff back a day. I highly doubt I can spit out a piece of art for tomorrow. Not to say I won't try, but, well, you know how things are. So, without further ado, here's Prompt 8: Watch, featuring Pearl Blaze and Topaz Celeste. 

Topaz is an Ignitis made of stone and was created to serve Star as her daughter's nurse. He usually stays about 3'8'', but can unfold his rock body to be about 8 feet at most. Ya know, just in case he needs to clean the top shelf. I really don't RP with Topaz nearly enough. He's a fun character, although he would agree a poor replacement for Ember, his sister. 

IMG_3602.thumb.jpg.deb5b77dbc0ed3d453a80460b7aec580.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we're back!!! I'm skipping prompt 9 because I tried it and it turned out so bad, but we're just going to ignore that. 

Prompt 10: Pick, featuring Nyx Thadel, Riva's mother from Masquerade. 

Despite the horrors she's committed, Nyx is honestly one of my favorite characters I have ever conceived. As the picture implies, she has a lot of blood on her hands. Maybe not as much blood as her daughter (eventually) but enough to make her one of the most heinous women I can think of. Of course it should be mention that a good amount of that blood was her own. Before her eventual death at her daughter's hands, Nyx had a nasty habit of self-punishment, spesifically in the form of picking at her arms; raking her long fingernails across her skin.

615773503f9d6_image0(2).thumb.jpg.3fcf112e7dcbabd8aded05449e3bb8d1.jpg

Prompt 11: Sour, featuring Pearl Blaze, Star's youngest child from CBST.

Pearl is an adventurous young Narrator, more inclined to create her own worlds than stay at home with her over-protective mother. Star keeps her dressed in lavish gowns like the one I've drawn, much to Pearl's chagrin; short shorts and crop tops are much more her style. You could say she's rather sour about it. 

Anyway, I'm sorry these last two drawings have looked so similar; tomorrows will be very different, I promise. ;) 

IMG_3676.thumb.jpg.c7212e5f7de2fc9e6201385e52bf2dad.jpg

Prompt 12: Stuck, featuring Nicolae Kimby, the queerest child from Masquerade.

I friggin' love my Nicolae. He has pretty severe depression, the poor thing. I think he really does feel stuck in life. He tries his darndest to be the best person he can be, but nothing in his life goes right for him. And yet, we love him in all his positivity and sweetness. We should all be a little more like Nico. Positive and light in a sad, dark world. 

IMG_3681.thumb.jpg.fea22735f344193c2d413c0f8120dada.jpg

Prompt 14: Tick, featuring Tom from the Keyed Duology that I'm writing with Xino. 

I knew I wasn't going to get any further with this drawing than what I've done, so I figured I'd stop now and not stress myself out more than I had to. Enjoy. Luckily the next two are ones I'm excited for. 

IMG_3739.thumb.jpg.899df13a987d31ed30bb8f7b997251b4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...