Silin stood in front of the carpenter's shop. It was one of the best looking buildings in town, the wood was engraved with fanciful designs and well made chairs, stools, and benches flanked the front and a small portion of the sides. He had been apprehensive of asking for work there, but he decided that the place looked nice and well enough kept that they could likely afford a carpenter with Silin's skills. He had left his bow, arrows, and one of his shortswords back at the inn, leaving him with only a single shortsword and his carpenters tools. Finally, Silin knocked on the door.

@Random Bystander

Edited by The Unknown Order

The Aasimar made a confused face for a second, before smoothing it out as he stood. "Dressed like an adventurer, with no clue that here one is brewing? Generally they flock to these things, but this one is unaware. Lucky? Perhaps. Patrons of luck tend to favor the wanderer and the minstrel. It would make sense." He seemed lost in thought, saying observations out loud. He fell silent for a time, examining the other Aasimar
"I am Rastiel Drusus Decimus, Captain of the Statute. The last true one at that." He finally provided. "This village needs protection, and as I am alone, I cannot in good standing engage in a long term contract with them. Thus, I will be likely collecting one-sixth of a company's share as a one time compensation."

Edited by Okdes

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Silin stood in front of the carpenter's shop. It was one of the best looking buildings in town, the wood was engraved with fanciful designs and well made chairs, stools, and benches flanked the front and a small portion of the sides. He had been apprehensive of asking for work there, but he decided that the place looked nice and well enough kept that they could likely afford a carpenter with Silin's skills. He had left his bow, arrows, and one of his shortswords back at the inn, leaving him with only a single shortsword and his carpenters tools. Finally, Silin knocked on the door.

@Random Bystander

The door opened, revealing the owner of the shop. "What can I do for you?" he asked.

1 hour ago, Okdes said:

The Aasimar made a confused face for a second, before smoothing it out as he stood. "Dressed like an adventurer, with no clue that here one is brewing? Generally they flock to these things, but this one is unaware. Lucky? Perhaps. Patrons of luck tend to favor the wanderer and the minstrel. It would make sense." He seemed lost in thought, saying observations out loud. He fell silent for a time, examining the other Aasimar
"I am Rastiel Drusus Decimus, Captain of the Statute. The last true one at that." He finally provided. "This village needs protection, and as I am alone, I cannot in good standing engage in a long term contract with them. Thus, I will be likely collecting one-sixth of a company's share as a one time compensation."

"Speak common, my guy; and not the old kind at that."

On 9/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, deepspace21 said:

Gylgwyn approaches the bartender at the tavern "so, tell me more about this army," 

The bartender chuckled. "Superstitious nonsense. We've been raided more than normal, which has led people to make up legends and rumors. But that could be for a number of reasons that make much more sense than an army of monsters." The bartender turned around and went back to work.

7 minutes ago, Okdes said:

Rastiel brushed past the other Aasimar to approach the bartender. "Which is why you need someone to discover what is going on. Who would have information about raids, numbers, and frequency?"

"The raids have been happening about every other week. The amount of raiders are varied. No one really seems to know how many are attacking. We're able to drive them back, but a couple goblins got in and out before we were able to defeat them during the last raid. That's all I know." He went back to work.

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"The raids have been happening about every other week. The amount of raiders are varied. No one really seems to know how many are attacking. We're able to drive them back, but a couple goblins got in and out before we were able to defeat them during the last raid. That's all I know." He went back to work.

"So nothing." Rastiel grunted. "Who would be able to tell me more? Guards? Mayor?" His gaze lingered, hard and unmoving.