Spoiler

Rastiel Drusus Decimus

STR: 15 (+1, Fallen Aasimar)- 16: +3

DEX: 12: +1
CON: 13: +1
INT: 8: -1

WIS: 10: +0

CHA: 14(+2, Aasimar)- 16: +3

Aasimar features: Darkvision. Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Celestial Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

Healing Hands. As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Necrotic Shroud. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to turn into pools of darkness and two black feathered,  flightless wings to sprout from your back. The instant you transform, other creatures within 10 feet of you that can see you must each succeed on a Charisma saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or become frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra necrotic damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra necrotic damage equals your level.

Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Soldier Background

Background Proficiency: Cards, Horseback Riding

Proficiency: +2

AC: 17 (19 when using Shield and Mace)
Chain mail: 16, +1 from fighting style
HP: 26

Equipment: Greatsword, Chain Mail, Shield, Mace, Holy Symbol, Explorer’s Pack, Captain’s Emblem (The Statute), Broken Demon Cultist’s blade(Trophy), Deck of Cards, 10 gold

Actions: Divine Sense(4/day)
Lay On Hands: 15hp/day

Fighting Style: Defense- +1 AC

Divine Smite: 2d8, +1d8 vs Undead
Greatsword: 1d20+5 to hit, 2d6+3 slashing damage
Mace: 1d20+5 to hit, 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage

Channel Divinity: Conquering Presence. You can use your Channel Divinity to exude a terrifying presence. As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Guided Strike. You can use your Channel Divinity to strike with supernatural accuracy. When you make an attack roll, you can use your Channel Divinity to gain a +10 bonus to the roll. You make this choice after you see the roll, but before the DM says whether the attack hits or misses.

Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spells: 

Cantrips: Light(racial)

1. Command, Armor of Agathys, Searing Smite, Thunderous Smite, Wrathful Smite, Shield of Faith

Passive: Divine Health- Immune to Disease.

Skills: 

Acrobatics: +1

Animal Handling: +0

Athletics: (proficient) +5 

Deception: +3

History: -1

Insight: (proficient) +4

Intimidation: (proficient) +5

Investigation: -1

Medicine: +1

Nature: -1
Perception: +1
Performance: +3

Persuasion: (proficient) +5 

Religion: +1

Sleight of Hand: +1
Stealth: +1

Survival: +1

this is a bit janky, but I am currently limited in time and tools so here you go

16 hours ago, deepspace21 said:

got room for one more?

Yes. We most definitely have room for one more.

13 hours ago, Okdes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rastiel Drusus Decimus

STR: 15 (+1, Fallen Aasimar)- 16: +3

DEX: 12: +1
CON: 13: +1
INT: 8: -1

WIS: 10: +0

CHA: 14(+2, Aasimar)- 16: +3

Aasimar features: Darkvision. Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Celestial Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

Healing Hands. As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Necrotic Shroud. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to turn into pools of darkness and two black feathered,  flightless wings to sprout from your back. The instant you transform, other creatures within 10 feet of you that can see you must each succeed on a Charisma saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or become frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra necrotic damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra necrotic damage equals your level.

Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Soldier Background

Background Proficiency: Cards, Horseback Riding

Proficiency: +2

AC: 17 (19 when using Shield and Mace)
Chain mail: 16, +1 from fighting style
HP: 26

Equipment: Greatsword, Chain Mail, Shield, Mace, Holy Symbol, Explorer’s Pack, Captain’s Emblem (The Statute), Broken Demon Cultist’s blade(Trophy), Deck of Cards, 10 gold

Actions: Divine Sense(4/day)
Lay On Hands: 15hp/day

Fighting Style: Defense- +1 AC

Divine Smite: 2d8, +1d8 vs Undead
Greatsword: 1d20+5 to hit, 2d6+3 slashing damage
Mace: 1d20+5 to hit, 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage

Channel Divinity: Conquering Presence. You can use your Channel Divinity to exude a terrifying presence. As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Guided Strike. You can use your Channel Divinity to strike with supernatural accuracy. When you make an attack roll, you can use your Channel Divinity to gain a +10 bonus to the roll. You make this choice after you see the roll, but before the DM says whether the attack hits or misses.

Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spells: 

Cantrips: Light(racial)

1. Command, Armor of Agathys, Searing Smite, Thunderous Smite, Wrathful Smite, Shield of Faith

Passive: Divine Health- Immune to Disease.

Skills: 

Acrobatics: +1

Animal Handling: +0

Athletics: (proficient) +5 

Deception: +3

History: -1

Insight: (proficient) +4

Intimidation: (proficient) +5

Investigation: -1

Medicine: +1

Nature: -1
Perception: +1
Performance: +3

Persuasion: (proficient) +5 

Religion: +1

Sleight of Hand: +1
Stealth: +1

Survival: +1

this is a bit janky, but I am currently limited in time and tools so here you go

Looks good! :)

Fair warning: I do not own ANY D&D books, and haven't read any back-to-front. I do have access to some. I do have experience with structured role-playing.

Hopefully this is done correctly. If not please tell me and I'll get you an updated sheet maybe tomorrow-ish?

Sheet

Spoiler

Name: Shax

Race: Tiefling

Class & Level: Sorcerer, lvl. 2

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Background: Outlander

Stats: St:10+0 Dx:16+3 Con:15+2 IQ:10+0(having it this low may have been a bad idea.) Wis:12+1 Cha:18+4

Proficiency bonus: +2

Saving throws: I have no clue.

Skills: umm stuff. Skill proficiencies: Athletics, intimidation, persuasion, and survival.

Passive wisdom: 11

Languages: Common, Infernal, Elvish

Armor class: 11

Initiative: +3

Speed: 30 (At first I thought this was insanely high, but then learned that each combat round is six seconds. So this is GURPS average.)

Hit points max: I think 10?

Attacks:

Quarterstaff (can I change this to sword? I don't know if I may, but would like to.), Bonus +4 (I'm assuming this is the same for sword?), 1d6 blunt (IDK what it is for sword)

Sling, bonus +4, 1d4 blunt

Equipment:

Staff, snare, tooth, traveler's clothes, pouch(10g), quarterstaff(or sword), arcane focus(copper-plated silver ring?), explorer's pack(no clue what's in here), 2 daggers(Can I trade these for a sling?)

Personality traits: I was raised by wolves. (Loner. Maybe also socially awkward or overly aggressive?)

Ideals: Change. ("Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.") (Not sure how I'd play this other than grumping at people who grump at change and grumping at people who refuse to change.)

Bonds: "An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me." (If you mess with my home, I mess with you. :angry:)

Flaws: "Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves." (I'm selfish. If asked directly, I might help. A little bit. Maybe.)

Features and traits: Superior darkvision (I think it's about 20 hexes/60 feet?), Hellish resistance (only as much cursing as talking about a dam on a river is. Basically fire resistance.), Infernal legacy (No idea what this is or does.)

SPELLS (Yes I do know how spell slots work.)

• Cantrips:
    • Thaumaturgy(from race)
    • Acid splash
    • Shocking grasp
    • Ray of frost
  • First level: (3 slots)
    • Witch bolt
    • Burning hands
    • Chromatic orb

Image (Wow this is big.)

Spoiler

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f9021b7b776225516138018d7b4d3_Shaxscreenshot(1).thumb.png.7d0120fa5718bf56a6784d09bd1cf2c1.png

Edited by Tani

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Fair warning: I do not own ANY D&D books, and haven't read any back-to-front. I do have access to some. I do have experience with structured role-playing.

Hopefully this is done correctly. If not please tell me and I'll get you an updated sheet maybe tomorrow-ish?

Sheet

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Shax

Race: Tiefling

Class & Level: Sorcerer, lvl. 2

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Background: Outlander

Stats: St:10+0 Dx:16+3 Con:15+2 IQ:10+0(having it this low may have been a bad idea.) Wis:12+1 Cha:18+4

Proficiency bonus: +2

Skills: umm stuff. Skill proficiencies: Athletics, intimidation, persuasion, and survival.

Passive wisdom: 11

Languages: Common, Infernal, Elvish

Armor class: 11

Initiative: +3

Speed: 30 (At first I thought this was insanely high, but then learned that each combat round is six seconds. So this is GURPS average.)

Hit points max: I think 10?

Attacks:

Quarterstaff (can I change this to sword? I don't know if I may, but would like to.), Bonus +4 (I'm assuming this is the same for sword?), 1d6 blunt (IDK what it is for sword)

Sling, bonus +4, 1d4 blunt

Equipment:

Staff, snare, tooth, traveler's clothes, pouch(10g), quarterstaff(or sword), arcane focus(copper-plated silver ring?), explorer's pack(no clue what's in here), 2 daggers(Can I trade these for a sling?)

Personality traits: I was raised by wolves. (Loner. Maybe also socially awkward or overly aggressive?)

Ideals: Change. ("Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.") (Not sure how I'd play this other than grumping at people who grump at change and grumping at people who refuse to change.)

Bonds: "An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me." (If you mess with my home, I mess with you. :angry:)

Flaws: "Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves." (I'm selfish. If asked directly, I might help. A little bit. Maybe.)

Features and traits: Superior darkvision (I think it's about 20 hexes/60 feet?), Hellish resistance (only as much cursing as talking about a dam on a river is. Basically fire resistance.), Infernal legacy (No idea what this is or does.)

SPELLS (Yes I do know how spell slots work.)

• Cantrips:
    • Thaumaturgy(from race)
    • Acid splash
    • Shocking grasp
    • Ray of frost
  • First level: (3 slots)
    • Witch bolt
    • Burning hands
    • Chromatic orb

Image (Wow this is big.)

Reveal hidden contents

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f9021b7b776225516138018d7b4d3_Shaxscreenshot(1).thumb.png.7d0120fa5718bf56a6784d09bd1cf2c1.png

That seems fine.

We'll start tomorrow morning, when I have full brain capacity.

13 hours ago, Tani said:

IQ:10+0(having it this low may have been a bad idea.)

It's Intelligence not IQ in 5e, and you should be fine with average INT

13 hours ago, Tani said:

Your saving throws are just your state bonuses except for two (determined by class, Con and Cha for sorcerer) you add your proficiency to those two. 

13 hours ago, Tani said:

: I think 10?

Your HP is your hit die maximum+con. sorcerers get 6+con starting HP, and add 1d6+CON every level. your total HP at level 2 should be 6+1d6+con+con, so roll 1d6 and add it to ten.

13 hours ago, Tani said:

Quarterstaff (can I change this to sword? I don't know if I may, but would like to.),

as a sorcerer, you are only proficient in daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, and light crossbows. the sorcerer overall isn't really a Melee class, with one of the lowest HP pool in the game. Quarterstaffs use your strength, so you would get a +2 (STR+Prof) bonus to attacks and a +0 bonus to damage. your sling bonus is +5 (dex+prof) and a +3 to damage roll.

13 hours ago, Tani said:

Infernal legacy (No idea what this is or does.)

this is what gives you your racial spells.

Have you picked a sorcerous origin (Subclass)?

I really like your concept but I'm worried that sorcerer might not be the class for it. if you want to play a sword and spell character, I would suggest eldritch knight fighter, Paladins, arcane Trickster rouges, or blade singer wizards. sorcerer works best as a pure casting class.

Just now, deepspace21 said:

It's Intelligence not IQ in 5e, and you should be fine with average INT

Your saving throws are just your state bonuses except for two (determined by class, Con and Cha for sorcerer) you add your proficiency to those two. 

Your HP is your hit die maximum+con. sorcerers get 6+con starting HP, and add 1d6+CON every level. your total HP at level 2 should be 6+1d6+con+con, so roll 1d6 and add it to ten.

as a sorcerer, you are only proficient in daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, and light crossbows. the sorcerer overall isn't really a Melee class, with one of the lowest HP pool in the game. Quarterstaffs use your strength, so you would get a +2 (STR+Prof) bonus to attacks and a +0 bonus to damage. your sling bonus is +5 (dex+prof) and a +3 to damage roll.

this is what gives you your racial spells.

Have you picked a sorcerous origin (Subclass)?

I really like your concept but I'm worried that sorcerer might not be the class for it. if you want to play a sword and spell character, I would suggest eldritch knight fighter, Paladins, arcane Trickster rouges, or blade singer wizards. sorcerer works best as a pure casting class.

Agreed. You don't have proficiency with swords as a sorcerer.

Also your armor class is 13. 10 + dex mod.

Okay. Here we go.

The main villain had been really boring originally, as the campaign was meant for one, really unexperienced person, so I had to tweak a few things.

It was early morning in the city of Maplecrest. People were just starting to leave there houses. The city was one of the smaller cities in the area, but it included a tavern, 2 inns, a market, and a church, as well as other businesses, such as a blacksmith, carpenter, leatherworker, and a tailor. There was also a library and a university. There were many houses, and a few farms that could be found at the outskirts of the city.

Most of the people in the town seemed tense. Many looked as though they hadn't slept in days. A few seemed completely panicked. At the tavern, there were whispers of an army being built, led by a powerful magic user of unknown skill.

The grand finale was met with a stony silence from the back of the room. From one table in particular. 

The figure in armor sat there, his sword propped up against the wall. Nearly as tall as he was, adorned with a simple pattern on the pommel. 

"Unlikely heroes indeed." He said, mostly to himself. Hair like solid gold and eyes of the same color, he tapped the table idly. 

It may have be possible to miss the emblem at his shoulder. Round, about the size of a palm, bearing a symbol some would know with trepidation. The flaming sword, pointing downward, wrapped by a chain. The mark of a captain of The Statute.