Nivani's Third Oath

MistMage

So I was thinking and I'm pretty sure Navani's third oath won't be "I am Unity" like Dalinar, it'll be something specific to her and the Sibling. Not to be pedantic, but something akin to "I am Science" would be really cool, except she's already had her revelation that Cultivation's light + Honor's light = Science, and I wish that could have been the moment of her third oath. Obviously her swearing the third one so soon after the first 2 would be a bit ridiculous, but still I think it would have been a cool moment. She could have held Stormlight in one hand and Lifelight in the other and slammed her palms together and copied her husband lol.

Yep, Navani has only sworn the first, as far as we can tell and Dalinar's third was the "If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man" bit.

Now, we know that the Ideals, even within an order, aren't uniform, just that they follow a theme.

Look at Kaladin, Teft and Lopen's Third Ideals: "I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right," "I will protect those I hate. Even...even if the one I hate most is... myself" and "I've got to protect people, you know? Even from myself."

Different expressions of (somewhat) similar themes.

Given the seeming theme of the Third Ideal of the Bondsmiths and Navani's whole "I'm not good enough to have imposter syndrome"-shtick, I could definitely see her variant as something along the lines of "Storm you, Gavilar, I'm a scientist!"

¤_¤

12 hours ago, MistMage said:

So I was thinking and I'm pretty sure Navani's third oath won't be "I am Unity" like Dalinar,

6 minutes ago, AllHailStick said:

In a more "I am Unity" kind of way => "I am dissemination"
Yep, calling it, lol. 

To the both of you

Dalinar's Oaths go

1. The Immortal words
  2. I will Unite instead of Divide, I will bring men together
  3. If I must fall I will rise each time a better man.

"I am Unity" was never one of them

7 minutes ago, Frustration said:

To the both of you

Dalinar's Oaths go

1. The Immortal words

Oh, yeah. "I am Unity" was his perpendicularity moment. Definitely fell into that mistake.

In that case, I revise to the following just because:
2. I will disseminate, I believe in free knowledge for all.

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Dalinar's Oaths go

1. The Immortal words

This.  I Am Unity was something else entirely.  Note that the Words were never accepted.

Personally, I think Navani's repeated mantra from OB "Bring Order from the Chaos" will become her version of the Bondsmith 2nd, with the shared theme of bringing things together and building from it.  

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I took some time to think about this. I think that Her ideals will be based around uniting men and spren. Where Dalinars was about uniting men (and hopefully singers). 

100% agree - with the Sibling as her spren, bringing people and spren together again would fit her very thematically. And could fit with her having to do some growth herself in moving away from her kind of Fabrials to repair that relationship

I've always thought that Navani was at least a second level Radiant. While she only on-screen swore her first ideal, her mantra of "Order from Chaos" in Oathbringer felt very much like an Ideal to me. So much so, that I could see that Book 5 sort of stating that Navani more or less speed through those first two ideals in an instant, despite only really stating one. (I think this has some credence with Szeth, who more or less sword his Second and Third Ideals within a short timeframe, and would be used to foreshadow what would happen to Dalinar and/or Kaladin later in Book 5.) 

So I think for Bondsmith Oaths:

1 - Knights Radiant Oath

2 - Oath about their declaration/purpose as a Bondsmith 

Dalinar - "I will unite instead of divide; I will bring men together." 

Navani - "I will bring Order from Chaos. I fill find the structure and build upon it." (Or something similar.)