Hello

Salin

Um ... hi I guess. I've been reading Sanderson for many years (around 6 years I think) but only decided to join here recently. I read The Final Empire on my own and had no clue about the rest of Sanderson books. An English teacher recommend The Way of Kings to me, and now I've basically read everything except Dawnshard. My sister also reads cosmere but none of my friends do sadly. Stormlight is probably the best, but I like Mistborn (era 1) more since that just has a special place in my heart. Stormlight isn't hard to get through for me, but I feel like I'm missing all the wider connections. Whitesand might be my least favorite cosmere series. I guess that is because I have trouble remembering the characters in it sometimes. My favorite characters are Vin and Jasnah. I'm not sure about least favorite. I'm not as into the tiny details of the cosmere (intent/command/investure) but I am curious about the marco things like the shards or planets. Also I am terrible at spelling, so sorry for writing any books or names wrong.

47 minutes ago, Salin said:

Um ... hi I guess. I've been reading Sanderson for many years (around 6 years I think) but only decided to join here recently. I read The Final Empire on my own and had no clue about the rest of Sanderson books. An English teacher recommend The Way of Kings to me, and now I've basically read everything except Dawnshard. My sister also reads cosmere but none of my friends do sadly. Stormlight is probably the best, but I like Mistborn (era 1) more since that just has a special place in my heart. Stormlight isn't hard to get through for me, but I feel like I'm missing all the wider connections. Whitesand might be my least favorite cosmere series. I guess that is because I have trouble remembering the characters in it sometimes. My favorite characters are Vin and Jasnah. I'm not sure about least favorite. I'm not as into the tiny details of the cosmere (intent/command/investure) but I am curious about the marco things like the shards or planets. Also I am terrible at spelling, so sorry for writing any books or names wrong.

Hello there, and welcome to the chaos Shard!

Ah, I like Vin and Jasnah too lol. I do get liking Mistborn better than Stormlight, though. I actually read Stormlight before any other of Sanderson’s Cosmere works, but Mistborn and Warbreaker had been my favorites, mostly because it was small enough for my weird brain to understand lol. Don’t get me wrong, I love Stormlight, but I love the concepts and ideas of Mistborn and Warbreaker better haha.

Anyways, hope you have a fun time here~ Things can get crazy at times, but the people here are all cool and nice.