FOTT - Earth 2767

Spren of Kindness

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia leaned in close and whispered, "If you're gonna crash, then they give you a big flannel bag and tell you to jump out with it."

Queen turned white. "That's a safety precaution?? Sounds more like a guarantee of a bloody, falling, smashed, squashed DEATH!"

• 2 weeks later...

Queen shuddered. "I'd rather the odds be none." Feeling slightly nauseous, she bent over, rested her head on her knees, closed her eyes and took some deep breaths, trying to calm herself.

Queen, people fly on these safely every day. You'll be fine. Tchanta reasoned.

Well, yes, but some people aren't safe so it's possible that I won't.

Some people aren't safe climbing trees. Some people aren't safe traveling between worlds, galaxies, and universes. You of all people know that. But you keep doing that anyways.

Queen sent Tchanta a mental grr, but silently admitted that her friend had been right. Her fears were foolish, especially without fear of other dangers. But that was far easier to realize than it was to change.

• 3 weeks later...

I also live!

Nahl comes back to the car, a rather pleased expression on her face.  "Let's go, folks, our ride awaits."

Martin hops out of the car, using one hand to shade his eyes.  "Don't tell me that's what I think it is."

"Repatriated GA cargo carrier?  You bet it is," Nahl says.  "It's the only one that'll fit your whole group."

The plane is the first thing since their arrival back on Earth that makes Martin feel like he never left.  This is something he knows, and understands, despite it being GA and not ISC.  "We're going to want to strap in for liftoff, yeah?"  He asks as Nahl brushes by on her way towards the front.

21 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia let Queen sit by the window, then herself at the side. Hopefully, letting Queen stay between herself and the wall would help.

"I don't want to see how far away from the ground I am!" Queen protested.