FOTT - Earth 2767

Spren of Kindness

Welcome to The Fellowship of the Thing - Earth edition!  Title is temporary - it's the year we'll be in.  Once I come up with a better title, I'll change it, because it's kind of bland. 

Our characters:

• Ayia - Channelknight Fadran
  • Craven - Matrim's Dice
  • Queen - DramaQueen
  • Ely - Knight of Iron
  • Martin - Spren of Kindness

Martin walks out of the portal, and nicely, does not find himself floating through zero-g.  Rather the opposite, in fact.  There's dirt and rocks under his feet, and a slightly overcast sky overhead.  The air smells - not quite clear, but not bad, either.  Where ever they've ended up, it's reasonably safe.

Are there buildings in the distance? Idk how we're imagining Earth 700+ years from now but I'm not even completely sure if the continents would be in the same place.

Edit: Or no I guess they would be 700 years is a lot less than I'm thinking lol

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ayia blinked. "Where're all the baddies? These things almost always lead out into a horde of cannon fodder!"

"Believe me, it's a good thing it didn't."  He drops the pebbles.  Not volcanic - so that rules out a few places.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

There are - further down the mountain, there's a small town.  Even from this distance it looks somewhat ramshackle.

As for continents moving, tectonic plates move so slowly that I doubt there's significant change.  But for the fun of it, Madagascar is now North Madagascar and South Madagascar.

4 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"So, where is here? And what exactly are we doing?"

"I'm not sure where we are.  We'll figure out what we're doing once we find that out."

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"I thought it'd be more different from home." Craven said. "There's a camp over there that looks normal."

Martin squints.  "Sure is.  Should probably head that way, then."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, uhh... what time is it?" Ayia looked up at the sun.

"Noon or so.  Maybe a little later.  I don't think we'll need to worry too much about it."

6 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"It might.  Be careful."

Ely nodded, and his form transformed into a small white bird, which took off, soaring, into the skies, to get a bird's eye view of the area and of the camp in the distance.

Let me know what I see about terrain or the camp or anything, from a bird's eye view.

10 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Ely nodded, and his form transformed into a small white bird, which took off, soaring, into the skies, to get a bird's eye view of the area and of the camp in the distance.

So, there's not a lot of remarkable things that you would be able to see.  The town is a decently-sized settlement, with a distinctly ramshackle, on-edge appearance to it.  There's a pair of low guard towers, one to the northwest, and the other east.  And there are a lot of small farms that are apparent among the woods.  Other than that, it's mostly just wooded mountains with rivers, a couple logging scars on a foothill closer to town, and one main road that looks a lot more well-traveled than any of the roads leading to the farms.

Edited by Spren of Kindness

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Ely swooped back down and landed.

"Lots of trees, a few farms, couple roads. The town's got some guard towers. Do your recognize this description?"

Martin rocks back on his heels.  "Sounds like an outpost.  That's good."  So they're probably above the equator, in the Eastern Hemisphere.  "Should be safe enough."  And if it is an outpost, there's a good chance he can get in touch with some of his contacts.

3 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Martin rocks back on his heels.  "Sounds like an outpost.  That's good."  So they're probably above the equator, in the Eastern Hemisphere.  "Should be safe enough."  And if it is an outpost, there's a good chance he can get in touch with some of his contacts.

Ely smiled. “Let’s go!”