Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

Wait

Yall can talk during night

...Interesting

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Also @Squirrelwatcher i totally know Esooa through mafia, but i have neither really read any games she's played, nor played with her.

Hmm

That seems somewhat incongruous but I'll look onto this later tonight when I have time

---

If that was v/v elims can be anywhere in the votes 

If v/e then vanity votes are probably clear assuming they were around near rollover

---

Will be back later 

10 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

Wait

Yall can talk during night

...Interesting

Hmm

That seems somewhat incongruous but I'll look onto this later tonight when I have time

Wait omg we played popcorn mafia thats like technically how we met

And then she specd my champs semi kinda so ? Idk how much tho

So that was a lie yeah ive played many many games with esooa

Apologies Az. I was kinda hoping you'd turn out to be evil but it was a longshot from the start

I'll dig into what went down more broadly later, but to piggyback on Mat for a second, Chantara had an odd reads list. 

Here's where I'm at:

• The Unknown Order (Scorched) Seems to be very determined to not be exed. Constant vigilance seems to be the name of the game and warding off any suspicion with great speed.
  • Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van") their RP seemed a bit suspicious to me. I'm interested to see where this is going. It will be clear soon I think which way they lean.
  • Elkanah (Leek) seems unlikely an elim at the moment, but I'm cautious of trusting them.
  • Frozen Mint (Em) doesn't seem to be a threat... yet. I'm watching. For now I say village.
  • |TJ| (Hollaback Atcha) seems a bit sus to me because of their being distracted at every turn in their post, but that vaccine is quite the drug, so I'm giving them some leeway here.
  • Esooa (Nameless) clearly was trying to come off as something they weren't to divert suspicion, but I'm considering the possibility that there is more here than meets the eye.
  • Illwei (Ill Way) is agressively defending themselves and deflecting whenever possible. They are also staying very distant from Esooa in thread, even though we all know they've been chatting (at least initially), leading me to believe that they may be in cahoots. I think this is where I'm laying my vote today.

Anyone I didn't list I don't have a read on at all yet.

-Praises TUO for aggressively not wanting to die, which is more of an elim tell to me. 

-Called Dalinar suspicious for doing RP. 

-Clears Frozen, returning the favor. 

-Calls TJ out for being distracted but not Steel, who has a similar disposition. 

-Calls Esooa suspicious for faking newness, but backs off on it in the same sentence. 

-Then implies an Illwei-Esooa team and votes based on it. Seems to be giving Illwei a harder time than TUO. 

Also on my radar is Mat saying they think Az is village and then not suggesting alternatives. Distancing from the results of a village flip. 

29 minutes ago, Archer said:

Also on my radar is Mat saying they think Az is village and then not suggesting alternatives. Distancing from the results of a village flip. 

I knew someone would say this xD

What alternative would I have suggested? Rollover was in three minutes and the only other person with votes was Illwei, who I didn’t want to kill.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It wasn’t I’m just wishing it was lol 

[OOC: I'm not saying Steel was on the table, I'm asking you why you feel that way. I know Steel is on your Elim reads but Steel was easily the weakest of your Elim reads if I'm interpreting your chart right, so why opt for Steel over TUO or Mint, who are closer to Az, your - at that point - strongest suspicion?]

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: I'm not saying Steel was on the table, I'm asking you why you feel that way. I know Steel is on your Elim reads but Steel was easily the weakest of your Elim reads if I'm interpreting your chart right, so why opt for Steel over TUO or Mint, who are closer to Az, your - at that point - strongest suspicion?]

I've been getting a feeling all game that Steel's posts are forced, in a way. Like they're being crafted in an attempt to look contributional but aren't, really. D1 I mostly shrugged this feeling off for the first few posts, but it's been every one for me at this point.

14 hours ago, Archer said:

-Calls TJ out for being distracted but not Steel, who has a similar disposition. 

It was just a couple of jokey statements too smh, it wasn't me being distracted, it was just me being me :P.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Like they're being crafted in an attempt to look contributional but aren't, really.

I disagree in the sense that I don't think it's crafted in an attempt to look contributional because it doesn't look contributional at all :P. Like, I don't see an attempt at all, it just doesn't look contributional :P.

No longer village read on Chantara, back to null. Kas being weird. Squirrel boy feels village.

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I disagree in the sense that I don't think it's crafted in an attempt to look contributional because it doesn't look contributional at all :P. Like, I don't see an attempt at all, it just doesn't look contributional :P.

whats your conclusion on steel then

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I've been getting a feeling all game that Steel's posts are forced, in a way. Like they're being crafted in an attempt to look contributional but aren't, really. D1 I mostly shrugged this feeling off for the first few posts, but it's been every one for me at this point.

Crafted? Since when are my posts ever crafted? Literally every single post I ever make is just an upchuck of whatever I'm thinking about at the time. So when I don't have much to think about, I don't have much to say. When I do have something to think about, I say it. It's why I sometimes come off as distracted or chaotic, just because I tend to say whatever I'm thinking. I've never been the kind of player to carefully construct my posts. This has gotten me exed... A lot. But I don't much feel like changing. 

However, I will state my annoyance briefly. People seemed to not like the fact that I basically checked in and said, I don't have any thoughts at the moment. I ask you, what thoughts am I supposed to have? Like I said before, I absolutely despise not saying anything at all. I hold myself to certain standards when playing SE, and one of those is to post and vote every day (ideally). That means sometimes, when I don't have many thoughts, that's what my posts will consist of. Look at the past couple QFs and MRs. Ive been like this day one of pretty much every game since I got back. So I fail to see how it is at all alignment indicative. 

It's true, I'm not contributing much at the moment. That's because I tend to stew on things for a while until I'm more certain of my conclusions. This is how my playstyle is, regardless of alignment, so I'd prefer this not get me exed for the fourth game in a row. Past couple games the elims have used this against me, and gotten me exed for being like this. And particularly in a game like this which is information centric, I don't much feel like being free with the information and conclusions I come to. At least for now. 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

Crafted? Since when are my posts ever crafted? Literally every single post I ever make is just an upchuck of whatever I'm thinking about at the time. So when I don't have much to think about, I don't have much to say. When I do have something to think about, I say it. It's why I sometimes come off as distracted or chaotic, just because I tend to say whatever I'm thinking. I've never been the kind of player to carefully construct my posts. This has gotten me exed... A lot. But I don't much feel like changing. 

That's how I play (as village) too, and so maybe 'crafted' was the wrong word. Just like, it seems like you figured you probably should post something and had to work to actually get content, which I guess is what you just said was NAI but I tend to read that more elim. Like, you, as a villager, have had zero spitbally thoughts about any player or post so far? No one else has seemed to have any trouble with that. Sorry if you're just an annoyed villager who I'm poking with a stick, though :P.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That's how I play (as village) too, and so maybe 'crafted' was the wrong word. Just like, it seems like you figured you probably should post something and had to work to actually get content, which I guess is what you just said was NAI but I tend to read that more elim. Like, you, as a villager, have had zero spitbally thoughts about any player or post so far? No one else has seemed to have any trouble with that. Sorry if you're just an annoyed villager who I'm poking with a stick, though :P.

I mean, I'm reading you as evil, but I always read you as evil so at this point that doesn't really mean anything to me. 

I do have to say, there was definitely something going on day one. What exactly that was, I have yet to put my finger on. 

I'll be interested to see who the elims kill tonight. Or if they successfully kill at all. This early in the game, I feel like that could give us some information, given the location mechanic. 

I have to go get a bunch of homework done so I probably won't be back on for a while. 

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

I mean, I'm reading you as evil, but I always read you as evil so at this point that doesn't really mean anything to me. 

I don't recall you ever reading me evil lol but that's probably forgetful me. I'll do my best to objectively read you going forward.

Anyway, I should reread D1. Still haven't gotten to that.

30 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Matrim what's your read on Chantara

Probably gonna dump some vote stuff in a little bit

Initially zero read whatsoever (which made me confused at Mint’s strong village) but then I think their reads list was strange. That actually made me think they were teammates with Az and were killing you to save them, and even though that wasn’t the case I still find the list odd.

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Chantara had an odd reads list. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Initially zero read whatsoever (which made me confused at Mint’s strong village) but then I think their reads list was strange. That actually made me think they were teammates with Az and were killing you to save them, and even though that wasn’t the case I still find the list odd.

Yes, I agree my reads list was probably unusual. It was just a brief summation of my observations and thoughts. Definitely not the clearest (my thoughts rarely are). Perhaps, I will have to be more decisive in the future for clarity's sake.

I'm sorry, I tried and my constitution isn't strong enough to play the game in High Imperial. I have thoughts and it takes so long to translate them that I lose half of my content while trying to phrase it all and the other half in translation.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I do have to say, there was definitely something going on day one. What exactly that was, I have yet to put my finger on. 

I'll be interested to see who the elims kill tonight. Or if they successfully kill at all. This early in the game, I feel like that could give us some information, given the location mechanic. 

I have to go get a bunch of homework done so I probably won't be back on for a while. 

I also have an off feeling about Matrim at the moment. Not really enough to act on, but my gut is telling me he's hiding something. I am getting the same vibes from him here that I saw in the MR led by Kynedath and Zillah last year. 

Also this is an interesting point. I highly doubt the elims will get a kill for cycle one. There is just way too much up in the air. I imagine they are spread across two or three tenements, and while my list may have helped them find a fourth, it'll be really impressive to see if they find any one of us without the use of an informant. That's assuming I wasn't lying or lied to and listed a false tenement out in the thread.

Rereading the rules, it looks like the informant only gets one shot because it's a location role, so it's possible all the elims are informants. Given a four-member team they need to kill four of us and lynch four of us to win. That's their perfect game. If they have four informants, or three informants and an elder, they have a chance. However, the elims won't get back their scan result until the start of day two. I think we can all rest easy tonight, unless we were careless in Private Messaging. 

5 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Rereading the rules, it looks like the informant only gets one shot because it's a location role, so it's possible all the elims are informants. Given a four-member team they need to kill four of us and lynch four of us to win. That's their perfect game. If they have four informants, or three informants and an elder, they have a chance.

The elims may have Informants but they don't need Informants. They have a nightly scan they can use to determine the location of a single player and their nightly scan doesn't require any charge.