• Devotary
  • Tani
  • Squirrel

~

• Steel
  • TUO
  • Mint
  • Azmine

For order of village/null/elim or won’t vote out to would vote out.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Sorry for weird formatting I’m on mobile

Yay I remembered the game

Incidentally, I haven't been in much of a solvey mood lately. The last couple games I got exed fairly early just because I wasn't actively solving the game. I'd prefer that not happen again in an LG, but my statement still stands that I just don't have much to say at the moment (then proceeds to write a long post because... It's me)

However it is true I feel some obligation to say something and vote. It would be rather hypocritical of me to wait for more information while not providing any sort of information myself. So in the interest of information, I'm not just going to be entirely quiet. Because I dislike that playstyle.  

This actually does bring me to some thoughts about the rules, shockingly. This is very much a game of information. Between roles and rooms, information is very much at a premium in this game. As for a conclusion from that... um I guess I'd be wary of anyone fishing for information. From what I remember of the rules (because I'm on mobile and not looking at them right now) I would assume in general, unless you're a village coinshot, elims knowing rooms and roles is going to make a much bigger difference than villagers knowing rooms and roles. So beware of that, I guess. Not that it's necessarily alignment indicative but it could be a basis for suspicion. 

Edited by Steeldancer
Grammar

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

You never actually said why you suspect me I believe. 

18 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I feel like this happens with TUO every game, and I feel like they normally don’t react like this. If someone could point me to an example of otherwise that’d be appreciated 

Disliking the lynching the new and the Mystery. @The Unknown Order Esooa

Wasing killing first the last game of Mystery.

Hearing the not Tani. Please Joining. @Tani Tani

Learning the Messaging, Having the Tenements. Listing the claiming if or if not true. Eliminators having the info, Knowing also should the village. 

Venture, Hasting, Tekiel, Urbain.

Hoping the helping to knowing for village. 

If wrong, recommending the not claiming in thread. Please privately contacting to helping finding the lying. 

EDIT: Venture, Hasting, Elariel, Urbain. 

Wrong reading the message. Sorry.

Edited by Elkanah
Incorrect information

Here's where I'm at:

• The Unknown Order (Scorched) Seems to be very determined to not be exed. Constant vigilance seems to be the name of the game and warding off any suspicion with great speed.
  • Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van") their RP seemed a bit suspicious to me. I'm interested to see where this is going. It will be clear soon I think which way they lean.
  • Elkanah (Leek) seems unlikely an elim at the moment, but I'm cautious of trusting them.
  • Frozen Mint (Em) doesn't seem to be a threat... yet. I'm watching. For now I say village.
  • |TJ| (Hollaback Atcha) seems a bit sus to me because of their being distracted at every turn in their post, but that vaccine is quite the drug, so I'm giving them some leeway here.
  • Esooa (Nameless) clearly was trying to come off as something they weren't to divert suspicion, but I'm considering the possibility that there is more here than meets the eye.
  • Illwei (Ill Way) is agressively defending themselves and deflecting whenever possible. They are also staying very distant from Esooa in thread, even though we all know they've been chatting (at least initially), leading me to believe that they may be in cahoots. I think this is where I'm laying my vote today.

Anyone I didn't list I don't have a read on at all yet.

5 hours ago, |TJ| said:

We should get kinda an idea about the elim team house composition because if they get a successful kill off this cycle, then we know that there is at least one in their team belong to the same house as the N1 victim [this is assuming no one has claimed their houses to elims in PMs and they would then know the names of the house they're missing, if there are any]. So, it'd make sense for the Night Crew to target the N1 victim so we'd know the location of at least one of the elim members.

That doesn't really make sense. You don't know who's in your house.

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

Ive never played a game with Esooa, or really watched her in a game

Uh

That was not the impression I got from interacting with both of you in PMs.

How, exactly, do you know each other, if not through mafia?

5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Fortunately, rollover is at 6AM for me so I should be able to make the switch in ample time. So apologies Squirrel but my bandwidth is low right now.

That's fine - I was mostly RPing for fun and to see what your reads were, but you've already talked about them so you're fine.

---

Rastan woke up with a start. He hadn't meant to fall asleep, but he had sat down in front of Airam's store to wait, and had slowly drifted off while waiting.

He felt his pockets. Fortunately, nobody had stolen anything from him, probably because he looked like a poor idiot with nothing of value in this wretched city.

Which was probably because he was a poor idiot with nothing of value in this wretched city, but that was a minor detail.

He glanced at the sign. CLOSED, it read.

Rastan shrugged. He could find someone else to talk to.

---

I loved @Dalinar Kholin's thread entrance. Probably NAI, but whatever.

4 hours ago, Frozen Mint said:
  • Chantara: Strong village. Asked a question about how actions and locations work together. A newbie elim probably would have picked up this information from the elim doc.
  • Archer: Village. Archer's been generally helpful so village read on them as well.
  • TOU: Village. TOU's responses to Archer and being voted on in general are giving me village vibes. I feel like an elim would be more likely play it cool when voted on in D1 if they're not a leading lynch contender.
  • TJ: Slight village. Just a gut read and nothing strong.
  • Matrim: Slight illage. Just a gut read and nothing strong.
  • Esooa: Neutral. Elim potential, will keep in mind going forward. I'd rather not D1 lynch a new player, but other than that I wouldn't been okay with lynching them.
  • Azmine: Slight elim, just because we're grasping at straws on D1. Posted a couple of times but hasn't said much on the game itself. On any other turn, I'd mark this as just not being very active and NAI.
  • Illwei: Slight elim. Illwei seems to be playing in a pretty casual style, and I do think part of that is playstyle but there seems to be just a touch of extra emphasis on the laid back tone.

Ouch

Not hurt at all :'( 

(Okay, I have been called a forgettable player during an anonymous game before, so I'm not actually too hurt, but I'm curious to see what you think about me. Which is probably going to just be null since you didn't even mention me, but I'd still like to know)

---

Not going to be around for rollover, but here's reads:

Town

- Me 

- Archer (mostly PM interactions. Slight tinfoil if a certain someone is town, but I'll consider that later.)

- Dice (feels pretty genuine in posts, though PM interactions would help solidify/disprove this read)

- Chantara (newbie read, which might be faked. Still think we don't vote them today, though b/c of occam's razor)

Elim

- Frozen Mint (just a hunch. Don't put too much stock in this)

- TUO (not really posting much besides defending themselves iirc. Could change, but would like to see more reads)

- Illwei + esooa (together - feels like they're the same alignment. Could be town/town but I'm currently feeling elim/elim)

- Elkanah (the house fishing felt weird to me. Maybe because my location role is useless at defending me but I don't really feel good about this.)

---

Anyone else is null. List is ordered from top being towniest to bottom being elimiest (elimist? eliminatorist? ministry agentiest?)

Edited by Squirrelwatcher
colors

Alright I momentarily forgot about this game but actually read the rules this time and they're a lot more simple than I thought, Illwei was hyping them up before I signed up.

20 hours ago, Archer said:

On to Azmine, who I think was intentionally flagrantly deflecting and hoping no one would call their bluff.  TUO Azmine

18 hours ago, Esooa said:

I mean Az's read just seems fake to me. I don't know them but yeah

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hmm I’ll go Azmine; out of the options I like this the best. Reads list coming later today but I’ll be afk for a few hours.

1 hour ago, Esooa said:

Azmine

I want someone to go through these votes and tell me they aren't scummy, I've made 2 posts... none of which were meant to be serious. I think Archer is really overselling my posts, maybe trying to seem like they're making a bigger point than they are, Esooa is from MU so I expect a bit more than what she said, obviously they aren't real reads, should be obvious, you can go read any of my previous games here if you'd like. Mat taking the person with 2 posts as the best option is wack, but I guess voting me was all the hype. Then a naked vote...

Andddddd day ends in like 15 mins which isn't great but yeah.

Going to say scum in Archer/Esooa

It looks like the only thing Az has done is state an elim read of Illwei, who is the other main exe candidate (no longer true). Notable things about Illwei are positive in-thread interactions with Esooa and Steel, who are both voting for Az. Archer and Matrim had more combative interactions with Illwei, but look to be supporting each other. I don't think Azmine and Illwei would be e-e. I do think one of the people voting for Az is evil if Illwei is an elim. Meanwhile, I'm not a big fan of Mint's dismissal of an elim Coinshot as a possibility, but Illwei also did that and Mint's voting for Illwei so they probably can't both be evil. Azmine refusing to vote for Illwei 13 minutes before rollover even when doing so would save him is a village sign, given previous thought that the two aren't both evil. Oh, but now Az is voting for Illwei so this is moot. I think I'll vote Azmine and then take another look at the Illwei + supporters group if Az is village. I don't really want Illwei to die C1 for the 3rd? LG in a row.

Despite the unfortunate name, Also Nameless was one of the most vocal skaa of those that responded to Arenta's claims of Ministry spies. He immediately began accusing several notable skaa workers of having potential ties with the obligators. Others, however, thought this was an Ill Way to proceed. The small mob of skaa seemed unable to decide what to do, until Ven thrust a rusty knife between Also's ribs. Some of the skaa began to mutter about the killing, before noticing that the mists were beginning to form around them. That was enough to end the gathering and send everyone scurrying back to their homes.

Azmine was a Skaa Informant living in (just kidding, you don't get to know this).

Night 1 has begun, and will end at 6:00 PM EDT.

Additionally, I want to clarify things since a bunch of people seem a little confused about the rules. Say Aralis is a Coinshot and he targets Fade while guessing location X. If Fade is in location X, Fade will die (without considering other possible players' actions) and Aralis will still have 2 charges of his Coinshot ability. If Fade is not in location X, the kill won't succeed (and Fade won't even know he was attacked). Aralis will have only a single charge of his ability left.

Some other things:

• All location abilities happen after all Allomantic abilities
  • Location abilities are once per game, barring an Elder using their ability
  • Location scans go before location moves, so they cannot be guaranteed to accurate by the end of the Night

Vote Tally:

Azmine (5): Mat, Archer, Steel, Esooa, Devotary
Illwei (4): Chantara, Mint, TJ, Azmine

Mat (1): TUO
Mint (1): Kas
Dalinar (1): Illwei
Elkanah (1): Squirrel
Tani (1): Elkanah

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. @Archer (Eron)
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. @Steeldancer (Steel)
  5. @Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van")
  6. @Tani (Izi)
  7. @Kasimir (Airam)
  8. @Chantara (Tara)
  9. @Devotary of Spontaneity (Ven)
  10. @Elkanah (Leek)
  11. @Illwei (Ill Way)
  12. @Frozen Mint (Em)
  13. @Squirrelwatcher (Rastan)
  14. @|TJ| (Hollaback Atcha)
  15. @Esooa (Nameless)
  16. Azmine_king Skaa Informant

I think that was v/v, meaning the elims were probably spread across the trains if in them at all. I want to reread the turn and probably will do that tonight.

Just a thought- if anyone for whatever reason does claim location in PMs to someone, they should do so to two separate people, and make sure each knows that the other knows for accountability purposes.

I’d still rather no one claim yet though. 

I thought that the Chantara reads list post gave off strong protecting Azmine by voting Illwei vibes and suggested that team, but obviously that’s not the case. I think there’s an elim on Illwei because it’s an easy vote to be on and easy reasoning to fudge imo. I didn’t understand any reason to killwei.

We don't even find out location upon death? Huh. Interesting. This strengthens my thought that this game will ultimately come down to distribution of information. In fact... now that I think about it, your location is probably even more valuable information than your role. Because, you can't be targeted (unless it's guessed) even if people know your role. But regardless of your role, as soon as people know your location, you can be targeted. 
This is also a bit odd in it's interaction with the tineye, because a tineye will need to know where people are in order to scan them. (I will note from a balance perspective, I quite like this restriction on the scanner, because generally I'm not a huge fan of alignment scanners, but having a decent chance of failure seems to balance it well)