Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

8 minutes ago, Chantara said:

So….. are we supposed to just make them up? I can do that. :huh:

Presumably you be completely honest in PMs about where and who you are and don't have to make up anything! It does make the final challenge harder if we don't get any claims though. Maybe we'll get lucky and Araris started all the elims in the same slum, which would actually make thematic sense. Hm. 

Also, TUO, I need more RP lore about your dead family if I'm going to be your arch nemesis. :ph34r: 

40 minutes ago, Archer said:

Presumably you be completely honest in PMs about where and who you are and don't have to make up anything!

I guess I wasn’t clear in my question. I was thinking in terms of actions. If we don’t know where we can possibly aim for how can we know if we’re even aiming for a location being used in the game?

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Eiwlil @|TJ| you'll have to forgive me for disrespecting you like this but I can always find you again :P ]

Edited to add: For clarity's sake, TJ.

Oh no, we already know where this is going...can i start blaming Wyrm now? :P. 

EDIT:

At work now til 3pm PST. Please let there be posts when I return

Edited by Illwei

Tara heard the commotion ahead. She pressed herself against the wall and peeked into the alleyway where she saw Arenta climbing down into a pit. She could hear conversation and she wondered who had fallen into Arenta's trap this time. Tara had heard Arenta had gotten a bit paranoid. She heard the "THUNK" and decided she was done here. If she wasn't here, she hadn't seen it. If she hadn't seen it, it hadn't happened. Right? Either way, she couldn't be a witness, not today. It smelt like trouble and she wanted no part of it.

Tara reshouldered her bag and sped past the intersection, but as she did, she glanced down the alleyway once more, and saw at the other end someone who looked like one of the newer skaa to the area. But no, it couldn't be.... could it?

Wasing the welcoming the playing the new! Exciting the many to playing. Thanking and wishing good the game for all.

Having suspecting for over new sounding Blanky. @Esooa Esooa 

Having suspecting for not the killing Firebug and maybe Burnie. ( @Archer and @The Unknown Order respectively) Eron, Scorched

@Matrim's Dice SS, Wanting to hearing good the reasoning to lynching the fluffy? @Squirrelwatcher

Edited by Elkanah
Colored differently to improve clarity

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

I can do that. 

"So you admit it, you scoundrel!" Scorched was completely enraged. "Burnt them to a crisp did you! Nearly burned me too!"

Poof! Eron appeared behind them. 

"Burnt to a crisp, eh gov'nah? Round here, we say they didn't chip in to the racket. Left me holding the bag, or should I say the hot potato? I just wish I'd seen you, their tater tot, and finished the job!" 

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

Wasing the welcoming the playing the new! Exciting the many to playing. Thanking and wishing good the game for all.

Having suspecting for over new sounding Blanky. @Esooa Esooa 

Having suspecting for not the killing Firebug and maybe Burnie. ( @Archer and @The Unknown Order respectively) Eron, Scorched

@Matrim's Dice SS, Wanting to hearing good the reasoning to lynching the fluffy? @Squirrelwatcher

Ising the understanding completely, yes yes. Do you think I should keep my vote on fluf- Squirrelwatcher or move it to Azmine the Uncommital? 

48 minutes ago, Esooa said:

M-me? Acting overly new? I would never! >~<

Did you intentionally distance with Illwei in your first post? 

I think Esooa didn’t do anything to try to intentionally appear new at mafia, just that they don’t know how the site works. I’m reading them light village for now.

Archer I’m almost confident is village.

Hi hello, apparently my Saturday ended up being too busy too. My Sunday though, should be relatively free, so I should be able to catch up, read the rules and read yous folks before the EoC. Just wanted y'all to know why I wasn't 'hollering back' at yous. :P. Be back soon!

Rules Summary 

Locations: Everyone starts in one of four. Allomancers fail if they submit the wrong location, and can only do so twice.

Allomantic Roles: Night only

-Coinshot: Kill.

-Lurcher: Protector from kill.

-Soother: Action blocker.

-Seeker: Allomantic role scanner.

-Tineye: Alignment scanner.

-Thug: Self-protector.

Location Roles: Night only

-Drunk: Randomly change your location.

-Overseer: Change locations of two targets.

-Night crew: Learn final location of a dead player.

-Gambler: Swap locations with someone else and learn your new location.

-Child: You’re told if your location changes. (Passive.)

-Informant: Learn someone’s location.

Recharge Roles: Day only, once per game.

-Elder: can give someone an extra use of their location role.

-Metallurgist: Can grant a player an extra charge of their Allomantic ability.

Other Notes:

-OOA has location moving roles going last.

-The elims can make one location scan and one kill (two charges for the game, same as Coinshot) per Night.

Commentary:

I wonder if the four elims have a Thug, while we have a Tineye, Coinshot, and Lurcher.  The kill protects could flip.

Overseer has elim potential because they can swap a teammate with a villager and know where the villager will end up (Throw in a Child to swap around and you can run that play multiple times). I doubt Night Crew is village because it messes with the Slum Lord competition. Informant could double kill options for the elims without needing switch roles.

Recharge roles seem villagey, although the rules mention the possibility of an Elim Metallurgist so. Elder+Coinshot could be fun.  

Two of the elims will use their actions on the kill and scan, so that’s limiting right there. I think they’ll focus on securing the locations of kill candidates who are unlikely to be exed, using a combination of their Location roles and their scan. I’m expecting them to keep it simple to weed down our numbers.

Elims win by outnumbering, not parity, which is another disadvantage. They've got to have something good for balance reasons.

Squirrelwatcher TUO

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

So far, I've got no clue what your thoughts are, game-wise. Any roles stand out to you as particularly elimy or not? Anyone say anything suspicious or trustworthy yet? 

Well, that's not unusual for me. But I'll answer.

I think an elim metallurgist is pretty likely. I could see an elim coinshot, but I kinda doubt it. Same with Informant.

I don't like your vote or it's reasoning very much (which is why I haven't moved mine off yet, that and I forgot it existed last post). Otherwise, nothing else strikes me either way really.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Its very warm out

Kasimir

BECAUSE ILLWEI IS TURNING UP THE HEAT. HOO-AH

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

Well, that's not unusual for me. But I'll answer.

I think an elim metallurgist is pretty likely. I could see an elim coinshot, but I kinda doubt it. Same with Informant.

I don't like your vote or it's reasoning very much (which is why I haven't moved mine off yet, that and I forgot it existed last post). Otherwise, nothing else strikes me either way really.

well that seems reasonable, I was really just pressuring you to see if you'd change your vote lik-

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

That's worse than Archer's reasoning. Mat

:eyes:

that'swhatyoudidlastelimgame