Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

4 hours ago, Frozen Mint said:

Knowing locations is necessary for villagers with Allomantic roles to use their abilities. Location knowledge is also used for the elim kill but they have a nightly scan regardless, so there’s an argument to be made that revealing locations in the thread gives the village the best chance at fully utilizing its strengths. (I’m definitely not advocating for lynching those who don’t want to share info- reasonable minds can disagree on strategy.)

The other option is to let villagers gradually gain an advantage through picking up bits of information from one-on-one PMs as people choose who to trust and what to share/lie about. I do feel that this will make lynch analysis more difficult and create obscurity that the elims can take advantage of. PMs are good, I'm just not sure if they're the best primary mode of communication.

Accurately claiming locations also allows elims with allomantic abilities to target villagers. Elim coinshots would be the most harmful, but soother roleblocks and seeker allomantic rolescan are also potential threats. The only useful allomantic abilities to get targeted for by a villager are the alignment scan, and to a lesser extent the role scan, and protection if the elims already know your location, which without a claim is pretty much only through the records scan.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

From the rules: If only a single Ministry Agent is alive, they can submit both the faction kill and the faction location scan in the same turn.

Ah, never mind then. Maybe we’ll get that bus ride then…

1 hour ago, Esooa said:

I'm town

Who else?

me

Btw I would advocate for location claiming but only in PMs to trusts, meaning I would advise people to get PMs. This game was tagged with ‘pm unsafety’, right? :P

Edit: @Araris Valerian do we get a list of all the locations? Did I miss that somewhere?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Nope! :P

Ah

Fun

Tbh if I were to guess if the elims don’t get a location claim by N1 (which they shouldn’t because everyone will be smart and hold off claims until D2) they’ll submit it on someone using a location that one of them has

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Accurately claiming locations also allows elims with allomantic abilities to target villagers. Elim coinshots would be the most harmful, but soother roleblocks and seeker allomantic rolescan are also potential threats. The only useful allomantic abilities to get targeted for by a villager are the alignment scan, and to a lesser extent the role scan, and protection if the elims already know your location, which without a claim is pretty much only through the records scan.

I can't imagine giving the elims a coinshot 

also if a single person claims in thread, most likely they'd survive because they wouldn't be attacked because they're the only person that the doctor could really save huh

Ministry agents in the slums.

Airam glanced warily at the door to his shop. As far as he was concerned, life only ever gave you awful choices, like which leaky tenement you were going to rent, or whether debt collectors went for your storefront or beat you up. So of course the Steel Ministry would send some of its thugs here as well.

'Parently, Arenta'd run into one of them, and as much as Airam was also hiding from Arenta, on account of the fact she kept insisting he'd owed her rent for his last shop and had him evicted, blatant nonsense that, he'd borrowed to pay Wirum off, and that old bastard was holding that against Airam, too.

Speaking of which, he hadn't seen—he grimaced, what a name, likely a ganger—Hollaback Atcha [OOC= TJ] around lately. 

Some of the other skaa'd been talking about not letting people know where you lived, at least not right now. Lord Ruler, Airam had thought that was obvious. He wouldn't even trust Tellam's crew with his location. Figured they'd start breaking his chairs again and telling him he owed them protection money. Protection money Airam's shiny arse—he knew a shakedown when he saw one. Figured that other skaa preferred beating down other skaa to striking a blow against the establishment, too.

Truth was, Airam wasn't sure if he'd trust others with where he slept either. Sure, maybe, but old habits died hard and part him'd come from where you slept with an eye open and a knife under your pillow.

He liked the idea just about as much as he liked his fellow skaa—great abstract concept, best kept at an arm's length. [OOC: I know what this game is designed for but yeah my gut hates this, I'm the opsec dude :P I don't know if I can bring myself to follow through!]

Rastan cautiously knocked on the shop door. He wasn't sure if it was open, but it never hurt to check.

"Anyone in there?"

He hadn't met Airam before, but he had heard good things about the carpenter. Hopefully he was still awake - Rastan was hoping to talk to him about the ministry agents.

[First RP post yay]

24 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

Rastan cautiously knocked on the shop door. He wasn't sure if it was open, but it never hurt to check.

"Anyone in there?"

He hadn't met Airam before, but he had heard good things about the carpenter. Hopefully he was still awake - Rastan was hoping to talk to him about the ministry agents.

[First RP post yay]

Squirrel is town 

A knock on the shop door. Airam hadn't heard that voice before, liked to think he had a decent memory for names. Hadn't forgotten Glim, even after all these years. 

"If you're one of Tellam's, you can sod right off!" Airam shouted. "And if you're with Arenta, then I got a staff with your name on it!" 

And if that interloper was with the Steel Ministry... 

Airam's hand drifted under the counter. That was what Kion was for. 

[OOC: Will edit for justification later...] 

Edited by Kasimir
Justification

Rastan jumped, not expecting such a loud response at this time of night.

"I dislike Tellam and Arenta just as much as you do. I just want to talk," he said, slowly raising his hands in the air to show he was unarmed. 

Rastan had absolutely no idea who Tellam was, but he decided not to bring that up. Airam would probably just get more agitated.

"I just moved here from a different part of Luthadel." He lowered his voice. "You seem like you know this place, and I was hoping we could talk about the ministry agents...?"

edit:  going to sleep + work tomorrow; next post will probably be in about 12+ hours

Edited by Squirrelwatcher
doublepost bad

Lord Ruler save him, it was one of those.

If there was something Airam hated, it was people who came into his shop, looked around, and didn't buy a thing. Worse, they only wanted to talk gossip. Sometimes, they did stupid things like break his stools in the bargain. 'Course, sometimes it was on purpose. Tellam's rusher, mot named Pheila. Liked to break things, figuring that it'd coax them into paying more money. Fool of a girl. If the boxings weren't there, they weren't. Being squeezed between the Lord Ruler's tax collectors, Arenta, and Tellam's lot was one hell of an existence.

He glared at the interloper. "Listen, I'm a working craftsman here. If you aren't here to buy something, get! Ministry agents are all and very well but talk on the likes of those scum ain't going to make me a living!"

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Squirrel is town 

[OOC: Eiwlil @|TJ| you'll have to forgive me for disrespecting you like this but I can always find you again :P ]

Edited to add: For clarity's sake, TJ.

Edited by Kasimir

Rastan sighed. "Alright, I'll be on my way then. I'm Rastan, by the way."

Normally he would have tried to press the craftsman, perhaps buy something cheap (a stool, maybe?) to coax him into talking more. But he was tired, and he had a long shift tomorrow morning. [see edit in previous post]

He'd try again later.