Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

I haven't played a game in forever but I hope this one has some fun chaos. :D

I went through the rules again and here are some initial thoughts:

Knowing locations is necessary for villagers with Allomantic roles to use their abilities. Location knowledge is also used for the elim kill but they have a nightly scan regardless, so there’s an argument to be made that revealing locations in the thread gives the village the best chance at fully utilizing its strengths. (I’m definitely not advocating for lynching those who don’t want to share info- reasonable minds can disagree on strategy.)

The other option is to let villagers gradually gain an advantage through picking up bits of information from one-on-one PMs as people choose who to trust and what to share/lie about. I do feel that this will make lynch analysis more difficult and create obscurity that the elims can take advantage of. PMs are good, I'm just not sure if they're the best primary mode of communication.

I'm looking forward to hearing what others think about the game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

Knowing locations is necessary for villagers with Allomantic roles to use their abilities. Location knowledge is also used for the elim kill but they have a nightly scan regardless, so there’s an argument to be made that revealing locations in the thread gives the village the best chance at fully utilizing its strengths. (I’m definitely not advocating for lynching those who don’t want to share info- reasonable minds can disagree on strategy.)

I think in-thread (and PM) revelations should be left for, if at all, at least D2 because the elims just have to guess a location tonight for their kill if they don't know anybody's, which could save us a death and cost them a charge. I think an elim Hemalurgist is relatively likely though, so this isn't as useful as it could be, but leaving their N1 kill up to complete chance is worth holding our cards close to our chest one turn longer, imo.

Lots of people I haven't played with before, this will be fun.

Squirrelwatcher

6 minutes ago, Esooa said:

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me what I need to do to talk out of thread? I wanna talk to Illwei. Also, I didn't read the rules, will that be okay? There's a lot :s

Welcome to SE! Definitely read the rules. It'll be difficult to keep track of the game otherwise. Most SE games I've seen have unique mechanics. There's a lot more to it than a classic mafia game. Also make sure you read them before sending out any messages since there are specific rules for sending messages as well.

When you want to send a message, scroll up to the top of the page and you should see an envelope icon towards the top right. You should have had to click the same icon to read the PM Araris sent you at the start of the game. Click "Compose New" to send something out.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

Hey, I recognize you, Eron (Archer), you were the person who lit my parents tenement on fire!

Eron twirled their cape at the (accurate) accusation. 

"Revenge is a dish best served coaled!
So now that I've ember-assed you,
I'll make you work to match my wit.
Come guess my s-parking spot to get your due."

Then he disappeared in a poof of - what else would it be - smoke. 

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think in-thread (and PM) revelations should be left for, if at all, at least D2 because the elims just have to guess a location tonight for their kill if they don't know anybody's, 

This seems reasonable. :ph34r: 

I haven't done a line by line look at the rules yet, but my initial assumption is a stronger than usual elim team. Since 16/4 splits so nicely, I'm feeling a 4 man team with good roles, but I'd believe 5. What do y'all think?

1 hour ago, Esooa said:

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me what I need to do to talk out of thread? I wanna talk to Illwei. Also, I didn't read the rules, will that be okay? There's a lot :s

Esooa-Illwei not e-e, or Esooa is playing us for fools. Both are possible. :D

Howdy, new folk. Especially you, Squirrelwatcher

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I haven't done a line by line look at the rules yet, but my initial assumption is a stronger than usual elim team. Since 16/4 splits so nicely, I'm feeling a 4 man team with good roles, but I'd believe 5. What do y'all think?

I’d agree with a four person with good roles.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Esooa-Illwei not e-e, or Esooa is playing us for fools. Both are possible. :D

Tbh my first thought was that it’s distancing 

edit: also not taking notes this game lets go

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

edit: also not taking notes this game lets go

the only real way to play

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Tbh my first thought was that it’s distancing 

I think it is tbh. After I claimed elim to Esooa in PMs she told me she was an elim too

Edited by Illwei
Terminology

4 minutes ago, Esooa said:

I only did cause you told me you were one first :/

Did I betray your trust ;-;

13 minutes ago, Archer said:

but I'd believe 5.

If you endorse a 5 person elim team in a 16p game then you're an Elim 

Change my mind

EDIT: @Squirrelwatcher I see you lurking so if you don't post in the next 5 minutes i'm going to have to bring out the big guns

Edited by Illwei

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

this is a terrible read i endorse it

that's not even my worst read. I have an irrational elim read on Mint He- Frozen Mint for answering the PM creation question because elims like answering softballs. I need more people to talk so I can do better susses

Just now, Illwei said:

1. Village coinshot

2. Difficult kill to manage

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

that's not even my worst read. I have an irrational elim read on Mint He- Frozen Mint for answering the PM creation question because elims like answering softballs. I need more people to talk so I can do better susses

1. Village coinshot

2. Difficult kill to manage

wait is the coinshot unlimited

who's here with the summary of the rules because I don't wanna read through them again but I will if I have to

which i probably will have to because @Azmine_king won't read through the rules and I don't want him to be inactive like he always is

26 minutes ago, Illwei said:

EDIT: @Squirrelwatcher I see you lurking so if you don't post in the next 5 minutes i'm going to have to bring out the big guns

Gimme a bit

Multitasking was perhaps not the best idea

Out of curiosity, how much roleplaying is expected?

Edit: Already forgot about double posting. My bad.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

Out of curiosity, how much roleplaying is expected?

How ever much you want. {EDIT: for me that's usually less than 0}

Also we don't do doubleposting here, just edit with a marked "EDIT" thing if you have something to say soon after

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

How ever much you want. 

Also we don't do doubleposting here, just edit with a marked "EDIT" thing if you have something to say soon after

Sounds good. 

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Coinshot is 2 shot, similar to all of the other allomantic roles. Location roles are 1 shot iirc, though there are roles that can affect charges of location or allomantic roles.

Don't tell Fura but I just spilled rice on their computer

Just now, Squirrelwatcher said:

Coinshot is 2 shot, similar to all of the other allomantic roles. Location roles are 1 shot iirc, though there are roles that can affect charges of location or allomantic roles.

I'm gonna 

Ugh

Read the rules brb

7 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

This isn't really correct. All Allomantic abilities are unlimited use, so long as you always know the location of your target. The 2 charges means you basically get one "free" missed location.

22 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Change my mind

Until he starts controlling the thread he’s village

20 minutes ago, Archer said:

I need more people to talk so I can do better susses

I’ll pm you later probably 

17 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I mean

if people claim their location :P.

And continuing reading squirrel and Araris answered this cool