Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

Ok so if we just look at the end of last cycle, @Illwei and @Condensation are both just evil here. Devo specifically voted Chantara over Illwei (unvoting Illwei at the last second) and technically over Squirrel, but I have more than a good reason to trust Squirrel atm. Connie then comes in (late, thank goodness) also voting Chantara and saying that Devo read really village to her despite them interacting about never.

I might be the kill tonight- thankfully there will only be one of those now- but village should still be able to win this as long as everyone votes. PoE is Illwei->Connie->Squirrel->TUO->Tani->TJ->Chantara I think but the first two should win this. No chance it goes down past Tani.

Edit: Well, if there for some reason is four elims I'd exe TUO/Tani over Squirrel. But I don't think that's happening.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Why did Devo make a tie???? Why would an elim make a tie between himself and another player instead of self-pres-ing?

Edit: If Connie's vote had gone through, Chantara would've died to the vote, not Devo OR Illwei. Condensation.

Edit 2: This move stinks of the great sin of Organization. (GESP!)

Edited by Tani

1 minute ago, Tani said:

Why did Devo make a tie???? Why would an elim make a tie between himself and another player instead of self-pres-ing?

The only person to self pres on that wouldn't create a tie was Illwei, meaning Illwei is likely elim as well. If you didn't notice Illwei switched over to Chantara as well, and if Connie hadn't been late the three of them would have voted off Chantara. Instead, Connie's vote was slow and it was a tie. Devo got killed, which incriminates Illwei and Connie both.

If you're asking why Devo just didn't stay on Illwei to begin with, if she had done that there would have been no chance of a misexe. This way there at least was a chance for them, it just backfired.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The only person to self pres on that wouldn't create a tie was Illwei, meaning Illwei is likely elim as well. If you didn't notice Illwei switched over to Chantara as well, and if Connie hadn't been late the three of them would have voted off Chantara. Instead, Connie's vote was slow and it was a tie. Devo got killed, which incriminates Illwei and Connie both.

If you're asking why Devo just didn't stay on Illwei to begin with, if she had done that there would have been no chance of a misexe. This way there at least was a chance for them, it just backfired.

Ooooo I didn't see that part. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ok so if we just look at the end of last cycle, @Illwei and @Condensation are both just evil here. Devo specifically voted Chantara over Illwei (unvoting Illwei at the last second) and technically over Squirrel, but I have more than a good reason to trust Squirrel atm. Connie then comes in (late, thank goodness) also voting Chantara and saying that Devo read really village to her despite them interacting about never.

I might be the kill tonight- thankfully there will only be one of those now- but village should still be able to win this as long as everyone votes. PoE is Illwei->Connie->Squirrel->TUO->Tani->TJ->Chantara I think but the first two should win this. No chance it goes down past Tani.

Edit: Well, if there for some reason is four elims I'd exe TUO/Tani over Squirrel. But I don't think that's happening.

I never said that I interacted with Devo "about never". I had a PM with them, and they seemed perfectly fine.

I was about to say, when I had to post ('cause I said I would vote), that I feel like I can't ever trust my reads on Illwei because they're so... chaotic? and just about every time I misread them. I'm not really comfortable voting Illwei because of the uncertainty. I said this to Squirrel in my PM with them, including you, Mat, but giving the reason that I know you two both outside of SE, which kinda messes up my "radar", so to speak.

I did not see Devo's post until after I had posted, and I felt like I didn't want to vote Devo or Illwei for the reasons before. I read Squirrel as vil and hadn't had many interactions with Chantara, plus I didn't think that vote would have an effect. It was so close to the end, I thought no one would be able to vote in time.

Essentially, my vote on Chantara was an attempt to vote in a way that wouldn't have an effect that cycle, but could be discussed later and would fulfill the condition I had set for myself of voting that cycle.

Mat, I was getting the feeling that perhaps the elims were trying to get cred by bussing someone other than Devo cause she was the Coinshot and was thinking that they were bussing Chantara and Connie was an innocent village who got caught up in it. But then they had started the bus on Illwei already and the fact that Devo changed from Illwei to Chantara meant they either re-thought the bus or went for the hammer, and I also looked at this - 

Azmine (5): Mat, Archer, Steel, Esooa, Devotary
Illwei (4): Chantara, Mint, TJ, Azmine

Steel/Connie on the train opposite to Illwei. 

Frozen Mint (3): Mat, Archer, Illwei
Illwei (2): Chantara, TJ

Chantara on Illwei again, that's twice in two cycles on close trains, so yeah I agree that it's Illwei/Connie. Not sure if there are more but the presence of Coinshot makes it likely that it's just 3. 

@Matrim's Dice, could you ask you roleblocker friend (obviously if they aren't Illwei/Connie :P) to block one of the them? We either block the kill or the location scan, though I think they've got the scans of two cycles (N2 and N3) with them which they haven't used if they didn't overlap with the ones who revealed their location. 

@Tani, could you protect Mat? I think he said he lives in Elariel?

I swear smh at everyone telling me illwei was village -.-

8 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@Matrim's Dice, could you ask you roleblocker friend (obviously if they aren't Illwei/Connie :P) to block one of the them? We either block the kill or the location scan, though I think they've got the scans of two cycles (N2 and N3) with them which they haven't used if they didn't overlap with the ones who revealed their location. 

I mean, I don’t know their locations and they can read this themselves :P It’d be a guess but I’m sure they’ll try. And I mean we all claimed location anyway so it’s not like they need to scan :P.

8 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Ooh yes :ph34r: I am Elariel, as of D1. I don’t think it’s changed but idk. Actually I think I’m Elariel as of N3 now that I think about it.

14 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Mat, I was getting the feeling that perhaps the elims were trying to get cred by bussing someone other than Devo cause she was the Coinshot and was thinking that they were bussing Chantara and Connie was an innocent village who got caught up in it. But then they had started the bus on Illwei already and the fact that Devo changed from Illwei to Chantara meant they either re-thought the bus or went for the hammer, and I also looked at this - 

Steel/Connie on the train opposite to Illwei. 

Chantara on Illwei again, that's twice in two cycles on close trains, so yeah I agree that it's Illwei/Connie. Not sure if there are more but the presence of Coinshot makes it likely that it's just 3. 

I swear smh at everyone telling me illwei was village -.-

Um... how does Chantara voting for Illwei twice - which people are wont to do - make me an elim? I mean, I get that former me (Steel) didn't vote for Illwei. But Tani didn't vote for Devo, and you're not going to say that that makes her an elim, right? Steel not voting for Illwei doesn't make me an elim, and that was the only point of evidence you presented against me.

Several skaa were up late into the evening, fearing a retaliation for the ministry spy that they were sort of responsible for the death of. However, the night was uneventful, and everyone was present to discuss further the next day.

No one has died! Day 5 has begun, and will end at 6:00 PM EDT on Friday.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. Archer (Eron) Skaa Overseer Coinshot
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. Steeldancer/@Condensation (Steel)
  5. Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van") Skaa Informant
  6. @Tani (Izi)
  7. Kasimir (Airam) Skaa Metallurgist
  8. @Chantara (Tara)
  9. Devotary of Spontenaity (Ven) Ministry Agent Child Coinshot
  10. Elkanah (Leek) Skaa Child
  11. @Illwei (Ill Way)
  12. Frozen Mint (Em) Skaa Overseer
  13. @Squirrelwatcher (Rastan)
  14. @|TJ| (Hollaback Atcha)
  15. Esooa (Nameless) Skaa Night Crew
  16. Azmine_king Skaa Informant

20 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

I guess elims used up all of the locations that they knew? Otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't kill

Either that or our soother is amazing

Illwei

I mean TUO and I both claimed location so there was no reason they shouldn’t have one

Edit: nope our soother is amazing :) 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Tani said:

@Araris ValerianWhat if they were attacked but protected instead of attacked and survived?

The RBer hit Illwei. That’s why there wasn’t a kill.

Additionally, I was talking to Connie in PMs, asking about role and past actions etc, and she said something that proved to me that she was lying, so I have no doubts anymore.

7 minutes ago, Tani said:

@Araris ValerianWhat if they were attacked but protected instead of attacked and survived? Is there a difference?

I would treat Thug and Lurcher the same in a writeup.

Also I'd like to clarify that if I tell you that your action succeeded, it just means that you correctly submitted the location of your target. It doesn't necessarily mean your action had any effect.