Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Extra time would be good. I could use the recovery time.

I seem to have sprained/fractured my right wrist and I'm right hand dominant. Don't know if quiet-RPful is on the cards for me but quiet is very likely because typing left-handed is bothersome :P Please be understanding if there are no longposts from me.

Just use the speech to text function. We'll enjoy seeing how wildly inaccurate it is very much.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Just use the speech to text function. We'll enjoy seeing how wildly inaccurate it is very much.

I don't use that function, and it's not designed for people with accents that aren't American.

55 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

Thanks!

Does the Lurcher protect against the Hemalurgic Spike?

Yes. The Hemalurgic Spike kill is functionally identical to a Coinshot kill, except that it can be used by any of the Ministry Agents (and hence I won't distinguish between the two in a writeup).

6 hours ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

First game on this site; gonna give this a try!

Signing up as Rastan, a mildly paranoid skaa.

On this site you say?

Or just a general first game

Edited by Illwei

4 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

First game on this site; I've played about two dozen games total across multiple sites (Chief Delphi, Mafia 451, and Forum of Lies). 

Looks like there's different terminology used here, so I'll still probably talk like a noob ;)

I keep thinking about playing on other sites, and then not doing it. Maybe I'll get around to that someday. :P 

Anyway, welcome to SE!

2 hours ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

First game on this site; I've played about two dozen games total across multiple sites (Chief Delphi, Mafia 451, and Forum of Lies). 

Looks like there's different terminology used here, so I'll still probably talk like a noob ;)

Gottit, Thought you were that squirrel based on your pfp, just wanted to check :P. 

I promise not to distract thread with 50 posts about robotics this game :P. that is, unless I'm an Elim. In which case expect exactly that from me. 

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I keep thinking about playing on other sites, and then not doing it. Maybe I'll get around to that someday. :P 

Come join the dark side 

WAIT MAT JOIN MY TEAM MAFIA TEAM PLZ 

Edited by Illwei

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What/Where/When?

Team mafia is like 3-5 people acting as one person and they rotate posting on different days (one person on d1, another person on D2, ect) and it's fun. 
it's on MU and it starts on the 13th
and TJ has agreed to be on my team lol
we have one more slot in the team...so just saying :eyes: 

Edited by Illwei

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

Team mafia is like 3-5 people acting as one person and they rotate posting on different days (one person on d1, another person on D2, ect) and it's fun. 
it's on MU and it starts on the 13th
and TJ has agreed to be on my team lol
we have one more slot in the team...so just saying :eyes: 

I'm in :P I'll try to find the thread. Or you can link it. Edit: Found it

Edited by Matrim's Dice

17 hours ago, Illwei said:

Gottit, Thought you were that squirrel based on your pfp, just wanted to check :P. 

I promise not to distract thread with 50 posts about robotics this game :P. that is, unless I'm an Elim. In which case expect exactly that from me. 

Waittttt a minute THAT'S who you are

I thought your username sounded familiar

Fade glanced furtively around before ducking into an alleyway. I’m already late to the… *Crash* His arms flailed as the street suddenly fell from under his feet. After a short drop, he hit the muddy ground and lay for a moment, stunned. What in the Lord Ruler? Fade got dazedly to his feet and tried to get his bearings. He was at the bottom of some sort of hole, dug into the bottom the alleyway.

“You’re trespassing! That’ll be five meal tokens.” An elderly skaa woman was glaring down at Fade from the edge of the pit, leaning heavily on a knobbly walking stick. For a moment, Fade was unable to find any words.

“Meal tokens? You old fool! You’ll regret keeping me from my…” *Thunk*

Arenta let a rope down into the pit and clambered down to where Fade had dropped onto the floor, muttering to herself, “I said five meal tokens, not to insult me. Kids these days…” As she felt through the man’s coat for anything of value, Arenta noticed that Fade’s eyes had gone glassy, and his chest didn’t move. Guess I hit you a bit too hard. That’ll teach you to talk like that to your elders. Or it would, anyway. Surprisingly, Fade’s corpse had a few boxings on it, a rarity among skaa. Perhaps more surprising, since few skaa could read, a folded parchment had been stuffed in on of the inner coat pockets. Reading the note, a rare smile grew on Arenta’s face. Guess you deserved that whack to the head, and a harder one would have suited you even more. She bent over and wiped some of the ash smudges from around the body’s eyes. Sure enough, intricate tattoo’s adorned Fade’s face, a sure mark of an obligator, albeit a relatively minor one.

In addition to her many other talents, Arenta knew the skaa rumor mill like the back of her hand, and word of the disguised ministry agent spread quickly to the inhabitants of the tenement buildings near her territory. Most of the skaa were too beaten down to care, but a few were worried enough to start pointing fingers at other potential spies.

Fade was a Ministry Agent! Day 1 has begun, and will end on Sunday at 6:00 PM EDT.

If you have not received a GM PM, please contact me. @Elandera is the IM, and unless she says otherwise, don't include her in PMs, but you must include me in all of them. For reference, here is a link to the rules.

I'd also like to request that people try as hard as possible to maintain reasonable activity levels. I would want that anyways, but the rules for this game will not work as well if players aren't actively engaging (whether or not they are sticking to opsec :P).

General Rules:

• PMs are open but must be 1-1
  • Players can take a single action per Cycle
  • Day turns will be 48 hours long, night turns will be 24 hours longs
  • No vote minimum to get voted out
  • Tied votes will be decided at random

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. @Archer (Eron)
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. @Steeldancer (Steel)