Araris Valerian

Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

595 posts in this topic

Just now, Esooa said:

I'm gonna call this person town

I'll call them Chantara but that works to ig idk

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

do you care to take an active stance on the current leading wagons

Not really, only because I’m still unsure about all of them. And I’d rather vote for someone I really suspect. 

6 minutes ago, Esooa said:

I'm gonna call this person town

XD I mean, I’m not offended, it just might get confusing. 

Archer

yall are no fun smh

I don't wanna vote for either of them anymore yall aren't-

Edited by Illwei

32 minutes ago, Esooa said:

yawn

your exaggerated disinterest in this game actually triggers me so much :wacko:

As Mat decided to say, I've been telling everyone I didn't hit Elk OR Kas. The GM PM specifically said I failed to hit Devo, not that I was redirected anything, so heads up, the elims have a coinshot. I'm guessing it's a four person team. 

Chantara not picking a side is a little worrying. Especially if this is e/v, they checked, saw their person is safe,and decided adding a vote to me ties them to their teammate and adding a vote to their teammate isn't an option. 

But c'mon, it's gotta be Esooa. If you're a protection role, maybe consider shielding Squirrel tonight? I suspect they scanned them and will try to kill them now. 

Good luck, gang. 

After Eron was killed, Arenta made sure to be the one to look over his body. After all, Coinshots always carried coins on their person, and Arenta had some very legitimate looking papers that showed Eron owing her a fair share of money. Not that anyone else in the mob could read them. After confiscating the small sack of clips she'd found, Arenta's further search of the body didn't discover any evidence of a connection with the Ministry. This was mildly surprising, since skaa Mistings were rare, after all, while rumor held that many Obligators were at least Mistings. I suppose that's just bad luck for him, and good for me.

Archer was a Skaa Overseer Coinshot! Night 3 has begun, and will end at 6:00 PM EDT on Sunday the 11th.

Vote Count:

Spoiler

Archer (4): Mat, Illwei, Squirrel, Esooa
Esooa (2): Tani, Archer
Devotary (1): Dalinar
Dalinar (1): Chantara
Illwei (1): TJ
No Vote (3): TUO, Condensation, Devotary

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. Archer (Eron) Skaa Overseer Coinshot
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. Steeldancer/@Condensation (Steel)
  5. @Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van")
  6. @Tani (Izi)
  7. Kasimir (Airam) Skaa Metallurgist
  8. @Chantara (Tara)
  9. @Devotary of Spontaneity (Ven)
  10. Elkanah (Leek) Skaa Child
  11. @Illwei (Ill Way)
  12. Frozen Mint (Em) Skaa Overseer
  13. @Squirrelwatcher (Rastan)
  14. @|TJ| (Hollaback Atcha)
  15. @Esooa (Nameless)
  16. Azmine_king Skaa Informant

I suppose he just decided he wanted to go out of his way to kill me for no reason

well, I'm just going to assume town has lost and move on

1 minute ago, Esooa said:

well, I'm just going to assume town has lost and move on

This is a bad mindset lol we can still do this :P.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

This is a bad mindset lol we can still do this :P.

I'm not interested in doing it even if that is the case

I didn't even want to push anyone before like I said with why I was just talking to illwei but his reasons to wolf read me were legitimately the worst and that was pointed out as obviously the fact he continued on without care so I thought there's about no chance he's town

apparently that wasn't a wolf

so I don't know how to find wolves this game

so I go oh well

1 minute ago, Esooa said:

so I don't know how to find wolves this game

welcome to 17s

I mean I think his contributions to the game were good for clarification, he wasn't bad

but I got an extremely strongly persistent feeling his read on me wasn't genuine coupled with just, a strong holding onto it which I was like that can only come from a wolf

but bleh

Esooa: thought out thought

Also Esooa: weh, meh, bleh, eh

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Esooa: thought out thought

Also Esooa: weh, meh, bleh, eh

it's fun

weh

I - were we not, as a majority, village reading Archer??? th?

TJ stop tunneling me it's bad form smh

smh it's not tunneling if I'm right :P.

Archer

@Matrim's Dice, da hek is dis vote??? smh I no longer village read you -.- [also yes, i'll be neediing your reasoining]

And @Chantara, why do you suspect Dalinar? 

Actually, I'm reading the situation exactly the opposite way of how esooa read it. It feels like a vote on the side-train to avoid vote pile up. Cause there's probably 3-4 elims left and not more than 2 would have risked voting for Archer so there's gotta be  1-2 no votes or side-votes in this cycle. So - 

Archer (4): Mat, Illwei, Squirrel, Esooa
Esooa (2): Tani, Archer
Devotary (1): Dalinar
Dalinar (1): Chantara
Illwei (1): TJ
No Vote (3): TUO, Condensation, Devotary

So 1/2/3 of [Mat, Illwei, Esooa, Squirrel], 1/2 out of [TUO, Connie, Devotary] and 1/2 of [Tani, Dalinar, Chantara]. Removing decently confident village reads gives - 

1/2/3 of [Mat, Illwei, Esooa], 0/1/2 of [TUO, Devotary] and 0/1/2 of [Tani, Chantara]

Feel like Tani is waaay too detached from the game for an elim, so if there's an elim among side voters this cycle, Chantara is the most likely.

And @Devotary of Spontaneity, any reason why you didn't vote?

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

@Matrim's Dice, da hek is dis vote??? smh I no longer village read you -.- [also yes, i'll be neediing your reasoining]

It was a lot of PM stuff that just skyrocketed my paranoia. He first claimed Tineye to me, so I told him my location (this was on D2) and then after N2 when he hadn’t scanned me I asked for an explanation. He claimed CS that didn’t shoot Kas/Elk and I doubted that based on the player size; I didn’t think there would be two village coinshots (and to be clear I do still think the other is village, giving one to the elims would be ridiculous imo). I probably wouldn’t have voted him for it but it apparently came down to Esooa/Archer and after some talking with Squirrel in PMs we both felt most comfortable voting Archer out of the two.

I agree with your conclusion on Chantara and they are my choice of vote next cycle. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

And @Devotary of Spontaneity, any reason why you didn't vote?

I - were we not, as a majority, village reading Archer??? th?

I lost internet connection ~ an hour and forty five minutes before rollover and then an hour before rollover forgot about trying to fix it until after the turn ended.

Four people is not a majority, and Squirrel, Illwei, and Mat had all previously expressed suspicion of Archer in order of least trusting. Esooa was the only one whose most recent opinion was town reading Archer.

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

And @Chantara, why do you suspect Dalinar? 

I voted Dalinar because it was super uncool of them to just give out someone else’s location like that. I mean, did I overreact? Yeah… probably.

The dumb thing about the Archer train is that I would lean village in everyone on it lol

Okay okay okay

Idea. Hear me out.

Everyone to gives their location. in thread. Downside? Elims get a kill every night. Upside? all actions, unless someone breaks, should work normally and on whoever you want. basically it makes the game act like a normal game with normal roles. Those with roles such as overseer and drunk become functionally vanilla (should they follow it) 

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The dumb thing about the Archer train is that I would lean village in everyone on it lol

same

8 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Feel like Tani is waaay too detached from the game for an elim, so if there's an elim among side voters this cycle, Chantara is the most likely.

I disagree with them being too detached to be an Elim. 

How would you expect her to be behaving differently as an Elim? because you could also say "she's too detached to be village" instead, she walks in, votes Esooa, and leaves. that's. Not exactly very village-y

EoD was sad. I don't wanna look at votes where's Kas smh

8 hours ago, |TJ| said:

smh it's not tunneling if I'm right :P.

smh that's my reasoning you can't have it

and it's factually incorrect anyways so smh smh

EDIT: 

4 hours ago, Chantara said:

I voted Dalinar because it was super uncool of them to just give out someone else’s location like that. I mean, did I overreact? Yeah… probably.

this also feels like an easy excuse to not get involved with the leading wagons

I don't think the team could be anything like Chantara/Tani/TJ/(+1?) unless we're just tearing ourselves apart about to be on D5 with 0 Elim flips. 

I could believe a three person elim team if we entertain the idea of an Elim coinshot. unless someone wants to come out and admit to killing Kas or Elk.

Edited by Illwei

19 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Everyone to gives their location. in thread. Downside? Elims get a kill every night. Upside? all actions, unless someone breaks, should work normally and on whoever you want. basically it makes the game act like a normal game with normal roles. Those with roles such as overseer and drunk become functionally vanilla (should they follow it) 

I would do this. If anyone lies they're elim?

The Night has ended! Check back in a bit to see who is still alive! :ph34r:

Esooa had never gotten used to working out in the mists. There were mistwraiths out there. Some even said that if you ventured out in the mists at night that you would become a mistwraith. Esooa was mostly sure that at least that much of the stories was false. Mostly sure. Clearing out bodies in the night long enough tended to dispel many of the superstitions held by the skaa, but skaa held a lot of superstitions. For Esooa, it turned out not to matter. 

Van couldn't make out the coin that slew Esooa, but he did see the body crumple to the ground. He'd been tailing the fellow for a while, part of a deal with Arenta to cover his dues. The blasted woman had made him pay extra for that building he'd blown up! And that was only partly my fault. Darn nobility don't pay for decent building materials. He was still living in the wreck, out of which he'd at least salvaged enough material for a decent shelter. That would all changed as soon as he reported the news of Esooa's murder. There were some fairly influential skaa, as far as skaa were influential, who were willing to pay good money for a lead on the Ministry spies.

Van hurried to the corner where his first meeting for the night was planned. Along the way, he smeared ash across his face and affixed a patch over one eye. It paid to be careful in his line of work. Shortly after Van arrived, a cloaked figure stepped out of the mists to meet him. Their voice was muffled slightly by the mists. "What news do you have of the Ministry spies that are rumored to be running about these parts?"

Van held out his hand in reply, and the figure grunted before tossing a sack of clips over. Van hefted the bag, then tucked it under his cloak. "Well, you see sir, I just stumbled across a killing that must have been by one of those spies. One of the night workers was killed by a coin." And Van fished the bloody clip out of his pouch. "See? This here's as good proof as your going to get."

The client frowned at the coin, then at Van. "I guess this is why informants don't live too long. Eventually, they always learn something you don't  want them to know."

The coin flew out of Van's grip, slamming into his chest. Van grunted, and then cried out as a dozen more coins sprayed from the cloaked figure's hand and struck his body. As Van's vision went black, he felt more  than saw the coins being yanked back out of his body, followed by the killer's mutters. "Don't want to leave any more... proof... lying around these parts."

Dalinar was a Skaa Informant! Esooa was a Skaa Night Crew worker! Day 4 has begun, and will end Tuesday at 6:00 PM EDT.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. Archer (Eron) Skaa Overseer Coinshot
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. Steeldancer/@Condensation (Steel)
  5. Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van") Skaa Informant
  6. @Tani (Izi)
  7. Kasimir (Airam) Skaa Metallurgist
  8. @Chantara (Tara)
  9. @Devotary of Spontaneity (Ven)
  10. Elkanah (Leek) Skaa Child
  11. @Illwei (Ill Way)
  12. Frozen Mint (Em) Skaa Overseer
  13. @Squirrelwatcher (Rastan)
  14. @|TJ| (Hollaback Atcha)
  15. Esooa (Nameless) Skaa Night Crew
  16. Azmine_king Skaa Informant

I retract my statement about there not being an elim Coinshot :P. I somewhat doubt they’d have got that many claims if they were village... Good news in that though is the elims probably only have 3?

Chantara

Edited by Matrim's Dice