Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

11 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

I also have an off feeling about Matrim at the moment. Not really enough to act on, but my gut is telling me he's hiding something. I am getting the same vibes from him here that I saw in the MR led by Kynedath and Zillah last year.

Im hiding my role and location obviously :P 

First of all, that was an LG. Second, I’d be disappointed in myself if my playstyle was the same as it was a year ago.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

A handful of Skaa huddled nervously in small groups, speaking softly and swiftly as they gazed about in furtive glances. Most were disturbed with the days failure, while the few who were pleased were too clever to let it show. As the feeble rays of daylight peeked over the horizon, a small handwritten letter appeared on the village message board. 

The unsigned note reads as follows in block print:

I know these things to be true:

1. If Ven is a Ministry Agent, Tara is almost certainly a Ministry Agent. (Pub.)

2. Ven and Stuart Sampson are not both Ministry Agents. (Priv.)

12 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I know these things to be true:

1. If Ven is a Ministry Agent, Tara is almost certainly a Ministry Agent. (Pub.)

2. Ven and Stuart Sampson are not both Ministry Agents. (Priv.)

Where’d all these conclusions about Devo come from? 

Putting this out here before I potentially die:

I personally don't think the readslist from tara was terribly unusual - consider that this is their first time playing forum mafia/sanderson elimination. Perhaps I'm biased because this is also my first game on this forum, but I don't think tara should be voted out for it.

Elkanah remains my top suspect.

---

Edit: Jury is still out on @Steeldancer, but I'd like to hear some thoughts about someone besides dice (illwei would be nice), or at least about the nightkill.

Edited by Squirrelwatcher
adding thoughts on steeldancer

1 minute ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

I personally don't think the readslist from tara was terribly unusual - consider that this is their first time playing forum mafia/sanderson elimination. Perhaps I'm biased because this is also my first game on this forum, but I don't think tara should be voted out for it.

My take rn is that i think it's more villagery than not that her reads list wasn't complete

As the last vestiges of the mists melted away in the dawn, skaa workers began exiting their homes to go to the forges and mills that kept the Final Empire running. Surprisingly, there had been no further murders (aside from a few casual killings by the local nobility), and even Arenta had to admit that there was no sign of Ministry activity. Despite that, talk was still rampant about who might be an obligator spy, and it seemed likely that some skaa were still willing to take matters into their own hands.

No one has died! Day 2 has begun, and will end at 6:00 PM EDT on Wednesday the 8th.

Just a reminder, if your location has been changed, you will not be notified unless you are a Child.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Matrim's Dice (Stuart Sampson)
  2. @Archer (Eron)
  3. @The Unknown Order (Scorched)
  4. @Steeldancer (Steel)
  5. @Dalinar Kholin (Avanchel "Van")
  6. @Tani (Izi)
  7. @Kasimir (Airam)
  8. @Chantara (Tara)
  9. @Devotary of Spontaneity (Ven)
  10. @Elkanah (Leek)
  11. @Illwei (Ill Way)
  12. @Frozen Mint (Em)
  13. @Squirrelwatcher (Rastan)
  14. @|TJ| (Hollaback Atcha)
  15. @Esooa (Nameless)
  16. Azmine_king Skaa Informant

Sorry about not posting anything of import last night, I was reading, but I didn't have much to say, other than that I really don't like Mat. Maybe I'm just tunneling, but I don't like their vote or its (kinda flimsy) reasoning. But he just posted so maybe that'll alleviate my suspicion. I doubt it though.

@Matrim's Dice, why? Was my location correctly guessed for a scan?

Edited by The Unknown Order

Just now, The Unknown Order said:

Sorry about not posting anything of import last night, I was reading, but I didn't have much to say, other than that I really don't like Mat. Maybe I'm just tunneling, but I don't like their vote or its (kinda flimsy) reasoning. But he just posted so maybe that'll alleviate my suspicion. I doubt it though.

Lol I'm clearing you. Technically I'm clear as well but /shrug

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

explain

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

I hadn't read your post when I wrote that. Hence the comment about you posting and my edit. And I agree with Illwei, how can you be cleared?

K so Dalinar PMd me D1 and told me their location. They said that TUO knew their location as well (which I assume they can confirm, or something weird is happening). Since Dalinar is alive, TUO is basically clear (and me, but that's more dicey for me to say)

I guess technically something more complex could be going on but I'm inclined to go with Occam's Razor here.

Edit: Lol if I were a Tineye who scanned TUO I wouldn't out myself for one green check

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Spicy

I'm guessing Dalinar told Dice TUO's location for a tineye scan?

or are these just associatives that aren't mech based

edit: looks like I was partially correct

I think that doesn't entirely clear TUO because dalinar could have told TUO that dice knew his location, but we'll have to wait for DK to give thoughts

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

K so Dalinar PMd me D1 and told me their location. They said that TUO knew their location as well (which I assume they can confirm, or something weird is happening). Since Dalinar is alive, TUO is basically clear (and me, but that's more dicey for me to say)

I guess technically something more complex could be going on but I'm inclined to go with Occam's Razor here.

I forgot he claimed actually. He told me that Devo knew as well.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If i was an Elim and someone told me their location I wouldn't kill them period, because if they've told me then they've told other people most likely. I suppose you can flip it to potentially frame someone else, but-

it's like how archer didn't die in that one game even though he claimed to Quinn.  

EDIT: Specifically remembering that you were an Elim in that game as well

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Illwei said:

it's like how archer didn't die in that one game even though he claimed to Quinn.  

I was elim this game- I mean we didn't kill him because we had him completely pocketed. Until everything mech went wrong and he had an extra life and we couldn't anymore, but it wasn't because we thought it would come back to us iirc.

But yeah I guess you're right, I just got a bit excited :P. It'd be so nice if this was a clear though

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was elim this game- I mean we didn't kill him because we had him completely pocketed. Until everything mech went wrong and he had an extra life and we couldn't anymore, but it wasn't because we thought it would come back to us iirc.

But yeah I guess you're right, I just got a bit excited :P. It'd be so nice if this was a clear though

I did mention that in that post-that you were an elim- but yeah i don't want to talk about that game and how obviously evil Quinn was kshdfklsfhdlkjs anyways

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I did mention that in that post-that you were an elim- but yeah i don't want to talk about that game and how obviously evil Quinn was kshdfklsfhdlkjs anyways

After I posted, yeah :P At least I didn't see it until now.

Anyway... I can reread D1 in a half hour or so. May not finish, I'm doing things irl today so that might get in the way but I'll come back with conclusions and a vote at some point.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

[OOC] I told Dev, Matrim's, and The Unknown Order my location. Please do not reveal this location to anyone else. If I die tonight there is a roughly 90% [1-1/(15-5)] chance that one of them is evil. On night three this information becomes meaningless. I would recommend that a village consider switching my location tonight (occurs post-scan). Dev and Matrim's had very different reactions to the same message, therefore I find it likely that they are not both elims (they would have discussed the location share). TUO did not respond.

Dev was the last minute swing vote on day one - I find this suspicious in general (correct me if I am wrong). If he is an elim, it is only worth voting to save another elim (otherwise it is pretty risky to be the swing the vote). Therefore if Dev is an elim, Chandra is likely an elim. The vice versa should also hold.

The fact that I am alive is interesting but not dispositive.

9 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Dev was the last minute swing vote on day one - I find this suspicious in general (correct me if I am wrong). If he is an elim, it is only worth voting to save another elim (otherwise it is pretty risky to be the swing the vote). Therefore if Dev is an elim, Chandra is likely an elim. The vice versa should also hold.

Nobody was voting Chantara towards rollover? (assuming that's who you meant by chantara?)

Edit: The vote count would indicate that you would mean Illwei instead of Chantara.