Teenagers of the Shard- I need your help.

Elf

To clarify, I am also a teenager. I am a female, nearly-fifteen year-old teenager. The thing is, I just got the phone number of the object of my affections. I have been crushing on him hard. Please tell me how to proceed. We texted a bit, and its been good. But how do I not be clingy?

And I hope to god that this is still under stuff that's allowed on the Shard.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

I’m a guy, and this is my perspective. I text the girl I like all the time. I don’t care if she texts me over abundantly, I’m fine with it. I also text with a lot of other girls. I don’t care if they text me a lot, it is always nice to have the conversation. So one way or another, just be yourself. Unless they are a total jerk, they will be fine texting with you no matter what

Edited by Chinkoln

9 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I’m a guy, and this is my perspective. I text the girl I like all the time. I don’t care if she texts me over abundantly, I’m fine with it. I also text with a lot of other girls. I don’t care if they text me a lot, it is always nice to have the conversation. So one way or another, just be yourself. Unless they are a total jerk, they will be fine texting with you no matter what

Really? Thanks. It's cool to have your perspective on it. I'm trying my hardest to just be myself, but its hard to stop trying to impress him. But I'll take your advice. Thanks again.

Edit: Whooh, this is my hundreth post.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

33 minutes ago, Mage said:

You guys are making me rethink my priorities. I’m 17 and probably post on the shard more than I text girls. That’s probably not a good thing...

Hey, I'm 17, and I'm definitely on the shard more than I text girls. you're fine.

Edited by Nameless

1 hour ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Really? Thanks. It's cool to have your perspective on it. I'm trying my hardest to just be myself, but its hard to stop trying to impress him. But I'll take your advice. Thanks again.

Ya, even if they aren’t my crush, I love it when girls text me. I’m going to be honest, most girls are so much nicer than guys.

Impress him? This may be just me, but there is nothing that my crush could do to impress me. She is already so amazing that nothing could be better. 

42 minutes ago, Mage said:

You guys are making me rethink my priorities. I’m 17 and probably post on the shard more than I text girls. That’s probably not a good thing...

So I’m afraid I have no advice.

Ha!

10 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Hey, I'm 17, and I'm definitely on the shard more than I text girls. you're fine.

But honestly, same for me. I have a hundred posts on the Shard and barely 20 messages with him.

Edit: Hey, somebody reply to me, so I can reply to Chinkoln and not double post.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

11 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Ya, even if they aren’t my crush, I love it when girls text me. I’m going to be honest, most girls are so much nicer than guys.

Impress him? This may be just me, but there is nothing that my crush could do to impress me. She is already so amazing that nothing could be better. 

I agree, girls are nicer than guys. Also, that sounds so nice about your crush that she could do nothing more to impress you because she is already so amazing. :D.

Well, I have to go. Thanks everybody for the replies, but its night time here and I gotta go to bed.

I hope it works out, and I wish nothing but the best for you.

I am definitely not a teenager anymore, so if you will forgive an oldster, I will give you the same advice I give my teenage daughters: 

13 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

So one way or another, just be yourself. Unless they are a total jerk, they will be fine texting with you no matter what

This.  Chinkoln said it perfectly.  Anybody worth your time will respect you for who you are.  If they don't, they're not worthy of your crush.  The teenage years are tough.  We all either are in them, or went through them.  It is hard to figure out the line between being "clingy" and being social.  The secret is that I guarantee your crush has the same difficulty.

If you are yourself, and he responds with interest, then text, and text as often as you want.  If he doesn't, then take it as a sign that he's not for you.  It's hard, but being true to yourself is the best way, not only for younger people, but for old fogies like me.

Good luck :)

11 hours ago, Malim said:

I hope it works out, and I wish nothing but the best for you.

I am definitely not a teenager anymore, so if you will forgive an oldster, I will give you the same advice I give my teenage daughters: 

This.  Chinkoln said it perfectly.  Anybody worth your time will respect you for who you are.  If they don't, they're not worthy of your crush.  The teenage years are tough.  We all either are in them, or went through them.  It is hard to figure out the line between being "clingy" and being social.  The secret is that I guarantee your crush has the same difficulty.

If you are yourself, and he responds with interest, then text, and text as often as you want.  If he doesn't, then take it as a sign that he's not for you.  It's hard, but being true to yourself is the best way, not only for younger people, but for old fogies like me.

Good luck :)

Thank you so much for this! You are such a kind person!

Yes, I will try be myself and no one else. If he likes that person, great. But if he doesn't? Well, then he probably isn't for me anyway. Thanks!

Edited by Elf_at_heart