Dream SMP as Knights Radiant

Medium

I started this a few days ago, doing the KR quiz as their canonical characters. Here's who I have so far.

TommyInnit: Lightweaver

WilburSoot: Lightweaver

Nihachu: Edgedancer

Tubbo: Willshaper

Technoblade: Stoneward

Quackity: Willshaper

Dream: Stoneward

George: Lightweaver
Skeppy: Willshaper

If you have any contradicting views, or want to do other characters, feel free to tell me!

Technoblade: Even though he can work well in a team, I don't see him as a Stoneward idealistically. They really focus on putting other people's interests before their own, which we haven't seen much of with Technoblade. After much consideration I've decided perhaps Dustbringer is a better fit, especially if you take his controlling the "voices in his head" at all times as controlling his destructive power—power which can be used to "destroy large swaths of land" (cough, cough, L'Manburg). He fits into the soldier aspect of Stoneward, sure, but fits better into the strategist aspect of Dustbringer.

As for the others, I don't feel quite I know enough to sort them.

Also, maybe this should be moved to Entertainment Discussion?

Edited by Knight of Iron

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

Technoblade is either a Skybreaker or a Willshaper: Both with his focus solely on freedom, but also on his strict code of conduct, do unto others as they do unto you.

When I was doing my research, it suggested that Skybreakers both destroy tyranny and also destroy anarchy, enforcing law over lawlessness and lack of government, which is why I didn't go with it.

Willshaper was a close second for me but I felt like Dustbringer fit better. Techno doesn't necessarily "free those who are physically captive," as a Willshaper would've objected to the very existence of the prison in the Dream SMP, let alone break Dream out of it. But he seems to be more a Dustbringer more, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

When I was doing my research, it suggested that Skybreakers both destroy tyranny and also destroy anarchy, enforcing law over lawlessness and lack of government, which is why I didn't go with it.

Considering that a Skybreaker can swear to follow the pirates code, I'd say that's a norm rather than a rule

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Willshaper was a close second for me but I felt like Dustbringer fit better. Techno doesn't necessarily "free those who are physically captive," as a Willshaper would've objected to the very existence of the prison in the Dream SMP, let alone break Dream out of it. But he seems to be more a Dustbringer more, in my opinion.

He does oppose the prision, and is working on an escape right now

33 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Considering that a Skybreaker can swear to follow the pirates code, I'd say that's a norm rather than a rule

He does oppose the prision, and is working on an escape right now

True on the skybreaker point, and the code he could be swearing himself to is anarchy. If Phil formed a government, pretty sure he would still force his own ideals.

He wasn’t opposed to Dream in prison at all, and made no attempt to free him from captivity in many many months. Of course he’s going to opposite/escape it while he’s in it.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

He wasn’t opposed to Dream in prison at all, and made no attempt to free him from captivity in many many months. Of course he’s going to opposite/escape it while he’s in it.

"Dream between you and me, I'm an anarcist. Can- can he hear me at this volume?"

39:30 

11 hours ago, Frustration said:

"Dream between you and me, I'm an anarcist. Can- can he hear me at this volume?"

39:30

Still. It's been a very long time. Before this moment, his attitude was "sucks to be Dream." But I can see him as a Willshaper. I still tend away from Skybreaker because if I could describe it in one word, I'd say law, and that immediately is against what Technoblade is about.

And I stand by Dustbringer fitting best, since as well as being incredibly destructive forces they were also tinkerer's and strategists. Technoblade has a long history with experimenting with new types of weapons (firework rockets) and game mechanics (Turtle Master potions; Slow Falling w/Riptide) to maximize damage and power. And while he is an admirable soldier, he really shines as a strategist. See the Great Potato War.

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Still. It's been a very long time. Before this moment, his attitude was "sucks to be Dream."

Well as you yourself point out he is a stratigist.:D

But anyway let's move on, really I could put techno in most orders in one way or another.

I'd place Ranboo and Phil as Edgedanncers

And I'll disagree with OP By Naming Dream and Wilbur as Bondsmiths

Dream as Nightwatcher and Wilbur as Stormfather.

Quackity I have to say is a Skybreaker, though not a very good one.

Sam is a Skybreaker as well but I don't think he'd ever pass third ideal

Foolish, I don't know for Foolish

10 hours ago, Frustration said:

Well as you yourself point out he is a stratigist.:D

But anyway let's move on, really I could put techno in most orders in one way or another.

Fair enough!

I'm so bad at sorting people... the only one that comes to mind is Karl as an Edgedancer, for sure. I'll agree with Sam as a Skybreaker, considering what little I know of him.

Foolish my best guesses are Dustbringer, I guess.

As for Dream, I could see Bondsmith as the goal in the long run (uniting the server... albeit under his supreme rule). Although near the end Dream just seems purely chaotic and stuff, and with his plans I could almost see him a Lightweaver. Wilbur I do see as Lightweaver.

Just now, Frustration said:

My boi Techno has cancer. :(

I knowww :(

It seems the kind he has is very treatable with high recovery rate... but he’s still immunocompromised at least. I hope he does well.

Also this thread as well as the Minecraft thread are mostly just talking about Techno... do we need Technothread?