Kaladin Stormblessed Playlist

Medium

15 hours ago, Psykopathic said:

Check "Bent to Fly" by Slash. When it randomly comes on through shuffle play I always think of it as the Kaladin theme song. Lol

3 minutes ago, Theldragor said:

I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion!

Added it to the playlist! Totally think it fits!

Nice playlist! My three songs to describe Kaladin have been:

"We Rise" by San Holo - the lyrics are simply "We rise, we fall, we rise," but I always felt like that accurately described Kaladin's arc and struggles. He rises, falls, and rises again. 

"Drown" by Bring Me the Horizon - This is Kaladin at his darkest emotionally. "Who will save me now? Dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself? Don't let me drown." That's the first half of the chorus, and it hurts to hear. But at the same time, we know the answer to that - we have Syl. And later in the series, we have Shallan and Adolin too. Kaladin may feel this way at his lowest, but there's always hope at the end of the tunnel. 

"Throne" by Bring Me the Horizon - This is Kaladin's hype song to me, and the sort of "recap/credits" song of The Way of Kings IMO. (The cover by Halocene and Ai Mori due to music conventions is the chosen version though.) "So you can throw me to the wolves; tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack" is basically the story of Bridge 4 summed up in two sentences. Not to mention that the song is all about triumph over adversity, and that's where Kaladin shines

12 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Nice playlist! My three songs to describe Kaladin have been:

"We Rise" by San Holo - the lyrics are simply "We rise, we fall, we rise," but I always felt like that accurately described Kaladin's arc and struggles. He rises, falls, and rises again. 

"Drown" by Bring Me the Horizon - This is Kaladin at his darkest emotionally. "Who will save me now? Dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself? Don't let me drown." That's the first half of the chorus, and it hurts to hear. But at the same time, we know the answer to that - we have Syl. And later in the series, we have Shallan and Adolin too. Kaladin may feel this way at his lowest, but there's always hope at the end of the tunnel. 

"Throne" by Bring Me the Horizon - This is Kaladin's hype song to me, and the sort of "recap/credits" song of The Way of Kings IMO. (The cover by Halocene and Ai Mori due to music conventions is the chosen version though.) "So you can throw me to the wolves; tomorrow I will come back, leader of the whole pack" is basically the story of Bridge 4 summed up in two sentences. Not to mention that the song is all about triumph over adversity, and that's where Kaladin shines

We Rise does certainly describe Kaladin in general, and it's got a good beat, so that's in the playlist!

Drown sounds amazing! Definetly seems like it'd fit his darkest moments, like when he's at the Edge of Honor Chasm, that's been added!

Ooo, right off the bat, Throne sounds wacky, I like it. And yes, i am listening to the cover, and it sounds like something Bridge 4 would listen to when training/running bridges. Added to the playlist!

• 4 weeks later...

Your playlist is so sweet. Thx for making it.

If you like this playlist I recommend Kaladin (Original Book Soundtrack) on Spotify. Link below. Sorry if link doen't work.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6TkE0QEZnDt6ABujASZMuj?si=_uEaWZLhSy6W2EcpAYDbHg&dl_branch=1

9 minutes ago, livingbrightness said:

If you like this playlist I recommend Kaladin (Original Book Soundtrack) on Spotify. Link below. Sorry if link doen't work.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6TkE0QEZnDt6ABujASZMuj?si=_uEaWZLhSy6W2EcpAYDbHg&dl_branch=1

Yeah, I love this soundtrack, it's an absolute banger! Tien is one of my favorite tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:24 PM, Theldragor said:

Yeah, I love this soundtrack, it's an absolute banger! Tien is one of my favorite tracks.

Really. Thanks. My friend found it and told me about it after I told him I was practically obsessed with Stormlight Archive.

I even got the books for my birthday this year. Best year ever!!!

19 hours ago, livingbrightness said:

Really. Thanks. My friend found it and told me about it after I told him I was practically obsessed with Stormlight Archive.

I even got the books for my birthday this year. Best year ever!!!

Yoooooooo pog happy late bday!