4 hours ago, Elandera said:

What exactly did either of you do that makes you confident that you're both "obvious villagers"?

Talked. :P There wasn't much to say with a thread that dead, but the two of us said the most of anyone, including some role analysis and suspicion throwing. If you remove yourself as an option because of #ThugLife and Drought as a potential filter kill, we're left with Lotus, Steel, and TUO, who had fairly basic posts with pure poke votes, then Elk, who had a bigger post but gets the returning player pass, the me and Devo, who should have been the best picks. How did they reasonably expect to match kill choices in the low activity pool? It makes more sense to go for the higher activity, more likely to be trusted people because they'd said more that no one had objected to. Unless they didn't have a choice because I was an exe possibility and Devo was evil. TUO being hit implies they both went into the low activity pool because they were forced to based on their team members. 

Elandera's post has me looking at and they and Devo elim team right now. I think I'd be willing to do either. At this point, I'm not that confident Elandera even is a Thug. It'd be a bold fake claim, but if they correctly guessed that they game doesn't have any, they'd be unlikely to have another real Thug counter claim.

They're both going on the offence right now along lines that don't sit right to me. So Devo

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That is a possibility, yes :ph34r:

Thanks, DiceDiceDiceDiceDiceDDiceDiceDiceDiceDiceDiceDice. Would the rules allow for a two person elim team with an inactive member to successfully make a kill? 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

So sorry for being off the waves, but STAR radio had a bit of a cave in and stuff didn’t work out. We’re back now!

*music plays*

Any thoughts on the kill, votes, or suspects? It'd be nice to know what you're thinking and who you plan on voting for

Edit: TUO poked Elandera, didn't they? Perhaps that had something to do with it 

Edited by Archer

40 minutes ago, Archer said:

Would the rules allow for a two person elim team with an inactive member to successfully make a kill? 

The only time that one elim can independently decide the kill is if they are the only elim alive.

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

Anyway, is it possible the rules for the elim kill changed because of low player count?

I'm curious what the potential rule change was, but more intriguingly, I think e!Elandera asked Mat a good question in their chat and is trying to relay what they learned to their partner. I'm not sure why she'd ask this otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Star radio has no thoughts on this matter

Friendly reminder that with an NK, mix, and sniped villager, the game could end at the end of this round. How do you feel about me? Do you think I'm evil? Good? Secretly a neutral role with gamebreaking powers? I feel like I've said enough that people should have an opinion on me by now. 

Alternatively, we can take the stalling route and exe Elandera. Let's assume Drought is replaced and a pinch hitter steps in. They're conf village. Then with an NK and no sniping, we go to 3v;2e with no extra lives in play. At that point, any remaining villager will be presented with three possible elims, and will know that two of them are evil. Thats a better position than a mix and NK takes us to, which would be 2v:2e, which guarantees Thug Elandera wins. At this point, I'm not willing to stake the game on Elandera's alignment, so I'm leaning in that direction right now. Drought could of course be NKed, but are they really going to risk doing that when he could be straight up mod-killed if no pinch hitters signed on? It's a pick your poison situation ^_^

Elandera

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I'm not sure why she'd ask this otherwise.

Because I felt you were too quick to clear people based on activity levels when the player count creates odd situations. 

3 hours ago, Archer said:

How did they reasonably expect to match kill choices in the low activity pool?

Especially in a game with a low player count, I'd hope elims would allow the talkative people to stay alive a little longer. It keeps from killing the thread in a day. Active elims would also want to keep other actives alive as a way to hide better.

But at this point Archer

Lotus. Less than 12 hours before rollover. We don't really have the ability to not have everyone vote/offer opinion because we are very near lylo always. 

Ironsides knew things were getting worse when the radio abruptly cut out, leaving Shard Flight in silence.

Shard Flight never flew in silence.

Most members of the flight were equally quiet as they tried to figure out what to do. Fib had just been shot down, and he hadn't said a word since the battle began. No one was safe.

Ironsides wanted to scream directions into the comm line, anything to help her pilots out, but for once in her life, Admiral Judy "Ironsides" Ivans found she had no directions to give.

Lotus was exed! She was a DDF Pilot!

Droughtbringer was killed! He was a DDF Pilot!

Vote Count:

• Elandera (2): Archer, Lotus
  • Lotus (3): Elandera, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elkanah

The cycle will end in a bit under 24 hours, on Sunday, August 29th, at 8am PST. I may not be able to put up the next thread afterwards because of my schedule, I don't know yet, but I'll be able to close it.

• There will be a majority execution today, with no vote minimum. Tied votes will result in a random decision.
  • PMs are closed for the duration of the game.
  • Don't forget to submit your actions!
  • There is an inactivity filter in place of two cycles. If you don't post in that timeframe, you will be replaced or killed.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. The Unknown Order - Maxwell Sub (Callsign: Maximum) - Scout
  2. Lotus - S.T.A.R Radio - DDF Pilot
  3. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Velveteen (Callsign: Vandal)
  4. @Elkanah - Luke Cana (Callsign: Lemon)
  5. @Archer - Peggy Flamingo (Callsign: Pegleg)
  6. Droughtbringer - Trey Tansten (Callsign: Fib) - DDF Pilot
  7. Steeldancer - (Callsign: Steel) - Flightleader
  8. @Elandera - (Callsign: Bad Wolf)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I guess confirmed villagers are the best targets, even if they're inactive and near filter kill territory? Interesting.

If Elandera is evil, and we exe her today, with a successful NK, she'll tank it and they'll reach the outnumber condition and win. So it's down to Elk or Devo. I don't remember much of Elk's play so far, which is a red flag, so I gotta reread. It's a shame you all voted for Lotus, it would have been way easier to just blame everyone who did. 

@ other villager, we need to vote together on the elim that isn't e!Elandera. So if you've got something good to argue, I'm all ears. 

Edit: also, those were both vanillas. Looks like there was one of each role 

Edit: aight I think I'm most confident in an evil Devo. Both cycles they had the killing vote. Elk and Elandera aren't e-e because Elk voted Elandera into a tie C1. So it's either Elandera-Devo or Elk-Devo. Appropriately for this game, death goes to the overlap. 

I'd ping Mat, but I'm the only post here, so I'm sure he'll notice it. :P

Edited by Archer

Devo.

Despite disagreeing with some of the leaps in logic Archer has made, I don't distrust them. Hopefully that isn't a fatal error. 

I suspect both Devo and Elkanah at this point because elims would want a successful exe in order to get to a true lylo. 

If Elandera was an elim Lance, the game would probably be over now. She could be evil and lying about this, or a village Lance and our best chance.

Archer does make a good point about Elkanah voting for Elandera D1 when the game is short enough that it wouldn't make sense for an elim to do that to a teammate. He supposedly rolled for three people, which I think were himself, Elandera, and Archer since he wasn't suspicious of Steel. This also means that Archer wants me to vote for him, since if the Els aren't teammates then Archer would have to be evil. Village Archer obviously votes for me. Village Elandera doesn't have a conclusive reason to decide whether Archer or I are evil, but I see that voting for someone with votes in an attempt to kill them is condemning.  Village Elkanah knows he's not e/e with Elandera but doesn't have much beyond that.

Unless someone wants to counterclaim Lance I'll go with Archer. If Elandera is evil, all those times rolling thug paid off in being able to lie about it. Or maybe we have a sniper or something, which would be fun.

Out of curiosity, Devo, what role are you? 

Also, if I end up dying, I'd like it to come at the hands of some swift military justice so you can RP something like:

"Peggy 'Pegleg' Flamingo," Ironsides decreed. "You don't have a leg to stand on."

Elandera, you should survive today. I think I'll be NKed, and Devo will be exed, so good luck with the coinflip round. Don't forget to vote. Maybe we'll get lucky with an inactive Elk. 

36 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Double posting to note that if @Elkanah is village, he knows that at least one of the people voting for me is an elim. Also that solo elim Lance Elandera would still win this cycle with a mix, but I'm not going to worry about that.

Ooh. That makes a lot of sense. 

I'm inclined to think Elandera is the traitor. It makes more sense to me that she'd want to get rid of TUO  than anyone else as he seemed likely to lead a tunnel on her for the rest of the game. So putting the killing vote on Devotary almost clears Devotary. (Barring a last minute hammer.) I suspect an Elandera-Archer Team.

Devotary

Ironsides had moved to her chair. She couldn't handle standing anymore. Pilots, good pilots, were dying because she had walked them into a trap. A trap she had foreseen.

The radio besides her crackled. She tuned into the comm line, fearing the worst. "Report?" she said weakly.

"Good news, Admiral!" Pegleg's peppy voice said into the line. "We gottem!"

Ironsides straightened. "Who?"

"Me and Lemon- he's a cutie- shot down Vandal and Bad Wolf. Looks like those Krell stuck with their sus name choices."

Ironsides relaxed, a smile almost coming to her face. But then she understood that only two out of ten had survived. Only seven had even had a chance.

"We're on our way back." Pegleg continued. "See you soon!" The line went silent.

Ironsides stood and walked to the hangar where the remaining members of Shard Flight would return. When she arrived, Pegleg and Lemon were already there. They opened their cockpits and Ironsides' heart shattered.

Inside were not humans. She wasn't sure what they were. Crab looking somethings that no doubt were Krell, but she had never seen- 

Ironsides screamed.

"Oh, hello!" the one on the left said, in Pegleg's voice. "Nice seeing you, Judy."

"What is the meaning of this!" Ironsides sputtered. "Where are Wolf and Vandal!" Neither of those were phrased as questions.

"Oh, we weren't lying." said the other, in the voice of Lemon. "We shot them down. Wolf pulled some fancy light-lance trick but they're long gone anyway." All puckering sounds that Lemon had once endearingly made were gone.

As if reading her thoughts, Pegleg continued. "It was a pain to impersonate your species. So... aggressive." Pegleg visibly shivered. "But the disguises and translators were necessary. As were the adoptions of human characteristics, though I must say I'm disappointed no one responded to my flirts."

Ironsides was beyond furious, but she could do nothing except slump to the ground. The real Pegleg and Lemon had to be dead, if they existed at all in the first place.

"But the real victory here," Lemon said, "was breaking you, Judy. Now we'll be free to send an all-out attack that you won't have the strength to command."

They closed the cockpits and took off, leaving Judy Ivans on the floor, broken.

Alta was doomed, and it was her fault.

Devotary of Spontaneity was exed! She was a DDF Pilot!

Elandera was attacked, but survived!

Vote Count:

• Devotary of Spontaneity (3): Archer, Elandera, Elkanah
  • Archer (1): Devotary of Spontaneity

The Krell Commanders have won! Congratulations to Archer and Elkanah for an efficient game.

I guess it's a weird time for SE where not many people are signing up for games, which is tough for the GMs and the people who do sign up, so thank you for making this game even possible to be ran. I'll post my full GM thoughts later today, but I have to go in about ten minutes :P

Here are the doc links:

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Unknown Order - Maxwell Sub (Callsign: Maximum) - Scout
  2. @Lotus - S.T.A.R Radio - DDF Pilot
  3. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Velveteen (Callsign: Vandal) - DDF Pilot
  4. @Elkanah - Luke Cana (Callsign: Lemon) - Krell Commander
  5. @Archer - Peggy Flamingo (Callsign: Pegleg) - IMP Superstar
  6. @Droughtbringer - Trey Tansten (Callsign: Fib) - DDF Pilot
  7. @Steeldancer - (Callsign: Steel) - Flightleader
  8. @Elandera - (Callsign: Bad Wolf) - Light-Lance Expert

That was fast!

Good game, all.

-Initially I was worried our team was underpowered, but it seemed to work out. I roleblocked vanilla Devo twice thinking they were the Sniper, but we won't talk about that. :P The low activity helped sway things to balance the Thug. And it helped the vote manip died early. C1 it was very hard to find a scapegoat, so I apologize for that exe, Steel. (Although you did try to secretly vote for me... >. >) 

-I think to avoid inactives being confirmed village by a successful elim kill occurring, an adjustment should be made so that if you don't submit kill orders, two random targets are submitted for you. That way there's a small chance those people are evil

-As it was, I think we got very fortunate with the kills. C1 I was certain Elk would pick Devo, but he went for Drought and TUO instead. Which was a fair strategy, but not the one I expected him to expect me to expect. And then we both targeted Devo and Drought the next day, hoping to get Drought but not wanting to risk the other person just submitting one of the names and no kill happening. So again we got lucky and the best kill went through.

-In theory, these rules make it hard for hammer to occur and for elims to protect their teammates subtly. It didn't really hurt us because we just lone wolfed it and were both on at rollovers, but in a longer game, I think it had the potential to be really interesting how those dynamics play out. Eventually, something would have failed to work out and the group would have gotten to analyze that. Which I like. They were good rules. 

-It was a pleasure being evil with you, Elk! It was always a relief seeing you log in at the right times. Although you said C3 would be your most active day. Falsehoods! :P

-Thanks for running this, Mat, Araris. It was fun. 

Edit: Dead doc responses

-I forgot the exe comes before the NK. That could have been bad. Shoulda kept having Elk do it. 

-If Devo was a Thug, I wanted to exe them and NK Elandera because there's no way they're both Thugs. I could have double tapped them, but there was a chance in my mind that there was no Thugs at all, and I wanted to kill them both. :P

-I expected my fake claim to be caught. The plan if I was villager was to fake claim vote manip and pretend to bus myself to hopefully confuse the elims into missing a kill or hitting someone other than me. I executed it as an elim for village cred. I figured my last post C1 about wanting to be fair would be immediately clocked as BS and everyone would figure out what I tried to do; I was trolling the elims, y'all, trying to exploit the possibility of a failed NK. Smh it was a pro gamer move :(

Edited by Archer

My thoughts are few, maybe because this game lasted 3 irl days. I'll need to GM a QF again sometime because I almost feel like this one didn't count :P But it was fun anyway, I do like GMing. I'm wondering if this set a record for least players/shortest game, which would be kind of cool...

I thought the roles and distro were balanced. I would have liked to include the Sniper, but with 8 players I didn't think that was a good idea. In my sheet I left my brainstorms and such in the Distros tab, if you want to go see what could have been. There also are other teams that could have been, as well.

The elims got a lucky break with taking out the two village roles (besides Elan's Thug) C1, which saved them from having to worry about being tracked/blocked, even if they didn't know they were safe. I was very happy with how the teamwork and kill played out, it was exactly as I had hoped. Again, I'd really have liked to see it with 3-4 elims so I do think this is a game I'll rerun in the future when SE is more active than it is now. Elk and Archer did really well anyway, so they may not have needed to take out Steel and TUO at the beginning at all, but it definitely didn't hurt :P

Thanks again everyone for making this a game that was possible, and go join Araris' LG!