Final comfort before the beyond (secret history spoilers)

Eggdogg

Just finished the secret history and there is a question in my mind. Preservation seems obliged to give a final comfort for the departing souls but there is a short window of time when old preservation vessel dies the power bounces from kel to vin to sazed. A lot of death happens in that window of time. Did all these souls have to depart to the beyond without a final comfort? No big implications on the cosmere, just something that I can’t get out of my head. 

Also, damn Kel’s part in the cosmere is kinda frightening.

4 hours ago, Eggdogg said:

Just finished the secret history and there is a question in my mind. Preservation seems obliged to give a final comfort for the departing souls but there is a short window of time when old preservation vessel dies the power bounces from kel to vin to sazed. A lot of death happens in that window of time. Did all these souls have to depart to the beyond without a final comfort? No big implications on the cosmere, just something that I can’t get out of my head. 

Also, damn Kel’s part in the cosmere is kinda frightening.

Well, remember, even before Leras died, he wasn't going to all their souls. He was too weak to do so. So yes, a lot of people passed on with no comfort. 

Also, yes, Kel is... concerning.

Edited by Aspiring Writer