I seek guidance (HELP ME)

STAG

Oh benevolent gods of the Shard, I ask for thy wisdom. I was introduced to the Brandon a couple years back and have since read every book in the cosmere. I love every part of it and I’ve come to the seventeenth shard excited to share in my nerdiness. I’ve read a lot of forums and tried to add to conversations, but I’m not sure how to really get in the culture of everything. I want to advice on how to really be liked and known as a Sanderfan here. Got any?

13 hours ago, STAG said:

Oh benevolent gods of the Shard, I ask for thy wisdom. I was introduced to the Brandon a couple years back and have since read every book in the cosmere. I love every part of it and I’ve come to the seventeenth shard excited to share in my nerdiness. I’ve read a lot of forums and tried to add to conversations, but I’m not sure how to really get in the culture of everything. I want to advice on how to really be liked and known as a Sanderfan here. Got any?

My advice is to do what you like to do. If you like to spend tie looking up obscure WoBs to one-shot theories, do that. If you like making theories, do that. If you like discussing characters, do that. If you like RP, do that. If you do anything long enough, new sharders will be intimidated by your high post and reputation count, and old ones will see you as a part of the scenery. (I think, at least. Has it worked for me?)

Edited by Nameless

1 hour ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

I don't have much advice other than follow the rules and have fun!

The person that comes to mind rn is Jasnah. Anyone that usually assumes they’re right gets on my nerves. Also, have some respect for the ardents. Those guys give up their lives for that.

Thanks everyone, I’ll keep all this in mind. Though I am worried about accidentally encountering AonEne…

I’ve heard a lot…

6 minutes ago, STAG said:

The person that comes to mind rn is Jasnah. Anyone that usually assumes they’re right gets on my nerves. Also, have some respect for the ardents. Those guys give up their lives for that.

Thanks everyone, I’ll keep all this in mind. Though I am worried about accidentally encountering AonEne…

I’ve heard a lot…

haha, AonEne... is intimidating at first. But she is really cool. in fact, she voted as the most approachable mod.

But if you are worried about an accidental encounter, let me help by making your encounter purposeful! :P

@AonEne, wanna say hello?

I’ve been on this website long enough to know that you guys have a great operation here (pretend that was in a mob boss voice). Everyone is much nicer than on other online fan sites and much more welcoming. Not to mention funnier! Keep up the good work!

12 minutes ago, Chasmessian said:

haha, AonEne... is intimidating at first. But she is really cool. in fact, she voted as the most approachable mod.

But if you are worried about an accidental encounter, let me help by making your encounter purposeful! :P

@AonEne, wanna say hello?

I feel like I'm an RPG boss who shows up semi-randomly lol. "You might encounter her randomly, but it's all good, you can trigger her on purpose when you're ready..." Well, rawr, hello! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, STAG said:

I’ve been on this website long enough to know that you guys have a great operation here (pretend that was in a mob boss voice). Everyone is much nicer than on other online fan sites and much more welcoming. Not to mention funnier! Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Shard - I'm glad you think so! We strive for that. If there's ever someone not being so nice, feel free to report them! 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

I feel like I'm an RPG boss who shows up semi-randomly lol. "You might encounter her randomly, but it's all good, you can trigger her on purpose when you're ready..." Well, rawr, hello! :lol: 

Welcome to the Shard - I'm glad you think so! We strive for that. If there's ever someone not being so nice, feel free to report them! 

I feel like the guy who skips all the enemy encounters so he comes to said mini boss in level 2 leather armor and a rusty sword.

6 hours ago, STAG said:

I feel like the guy who skips all the enemy encounters so he comes to said mini boss in level 2 leather armor and a rusty sword.

Good thing I'm the type of boss who's secretly a huge meme then :P 

You've answered least favorite, who's your favorite character? 

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ah yes, and I am the guy who just plays the forum games.

How are you gonna get to the endgame that way?! :P 

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Good thing I'm the type of boss who's secretly a huge meme then :P 

You've answered least favorite, who's your favorite character? 

How are you gonna get to the endgame that way?! :P 

Aw man, my favorite? I guess it’s between Kaladin, Dalinar, Szeth, Elend, Vin, and Vasher. I also love Nale and Taln. I believe if I had to choose one favorite it would be Eondel. He’s often overlooked but he’s such a strong, loyal character.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, STAG said:

but I’m not sure how to really get in the culture of everything. I want to advice on how to really be liked and known as a Sanderfan here. Got any?

I got one word for you: Memes.

Making good memes gives you instant popularity and sucess.

Having a unique profile pic can help, but Twylight proves that it is far from neccecary.

6 hours ago, Frustration said:

I got one word for you: Memes.

Making good memes gives you instant popularity and sucess.

Having a unique profile pic can help, but Twylight proves that it is far from neccecary.

Memes can get you momentum, but like I said earlier you need to still be an active and kind never if the community.

Yes. Unique profile pic. Otter.

3 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

Memes can get you momentum, but like I said earlier you need to still be an active and kind never if the community.

Yes. Unique profile pic. Otter.

yes, the otter gods will bless you @STAG if you sacrifice every meme you make to them, Chinkoln are you one of them?

51 minutes ago, Szeth Facpalm said:

WILL SOMEONW PKEASE TELL WHAT THE COOKIE JOKE IS IS IT SOME SORT OF INITIATION THING IM SEEING IT EVERYWHERE IM SO CONFUSED

It's an alleyverse thing.

Basically in one of the RP's there is a group that bakes hemalurgic spikes into cookies and give them to you.

Charged spikes? Does that mean that a spike in the cognitive realm believes a cookie is a body? What attributes can be received from a cookie? I am now very intrigued. I want the alomantic abilities of a peanut butter cookie.