Question about Thudd

RadiantFox

I couldn't help but notice that a relatively large point repeated throughout RoW is how Venli thought she was the last listener. How she organized Thudd and some others to escape fused rule.

But at the same time, I couldn't help but notice that Thudd and Eshonai were kinda taking bets on venli going into mate form when she was looking for war form. Meaning he must too be a listener, who Venli grew up with and would have known.

Maybe I missed or misread something but I haven't been able to find much on Thudd in general

Venli's co-conspirators in escaping the Fused are named Shumin, Mazish, and Dul, as far as I can tell from just a very quick check. This would be from RoW Chapter 11. Thude is the one who escaped (or was allowed to escape by Eshonai) with the other listeners who refused stormform. Raboniel gets a report of nomads in the hills, which Venli reads and understands as evidence of the survivors of her culture, led by Thude. She has a conversation with Rlain about it in RoW Chapter 96. Venli meets up with Thude against for the first time in a while in RoW Chapter 115, where she notes that he's never seen her wear this form before. I hope that helps track Thude a little better throughout the book!

4 hours ago, crème de la crèmling said:

Venli's co-conspirators in escaping the Fused are named Shumin, Mazish, and Dul, as far as I can tell.....I hope that helps track Thude a little better throughout the book!

Yeah, I guess I pretty much just listen to it. So by memory and sound I probably conflated Thude and Dul there.