Graphic audio volumes 1, 2 and 3

For T2

Hey guys. It has been awhile since I've post. I have been steady reading the Cosmere. I recently just finished Oathbringer and Dawnshard. Before diving into RoW, I decided to catch up on everything else Cosmere. All I have left is Mistborn era 2 plus Secret Histories, Sixth of Dusk, and the White Sand series. Now personally I find the Graphic novels very hard to get into. That's why I was very excited to find the Graphic audio versions online for all 3 volumes. I started volume 1 and am enjoying it quite well. I'm about 30% thru. Was anyone else as thrilled for these audio versions as well?

Well chosen, I've been told the audiobook is way better than the graphic novels. They seem to have comparatively more worldbuilding detail as well.

I had the audiobooks for a few of the Arcanum Unbounded stories and really liked them.

Edited by Honorless

5 hours ago, Honorless said:

Well chosen, I've been told the audiobook is way better than the graphic novels. They seem to have comparatively more worldbuilding detail as well.

I must say it's very easy to get into. It will be my first time consuming a book thru audiobook, and the experience thus far has been great. It feels good to be able to consume this story as the graphic novels weren't doing it for me, and the prose version is not 100 percent canon.

Edited by For T2

I enjoyed them pretty well. I read them that way long after reading the graphic novels several times, so I'm not sure how much that shaped my opinion. Because I'm able to come into it with all of the visuals in my head already.

I'm not a big graphic audio fan--the music and sound effects are overdone for me, and this wasn't really an exception there. I particularly got sick of all the "walking through sand" sounds. :D But it probably wasn't as bad as usual, just because it's being translated from a different medium than a prose novel.

There were a few things I didn't like... Some of the character voices felt odd. I remember hearing a "nighttime" scene with owl noises or something in the background that was a funny mistake.

There's also some additional scenes, as well as narration that the graphic novels are lacking. For the most part this is a good thing. They add to the story well. A small part of me is not sure what to do with them since the lack of them in the graphic novel means they're not entirely canonical I guess??? But whatever.

I'd choose graphic novels over graphic audio, generally speaking, but the graphic novels have so much wrong with them (until the omnibus is out at least...) and the graphic audio is a really solid alternative with a bit more fleshed out and much fewer issues.

Lol I totally feel the same on the voices. I'm off put with Kriss's voice, I can't help from imagining it is Chocoberry from Adventure Time haha. Do you know how the omnibus version is going to differ, like what changes are expected to be made? 

2 hours ago, For T2 said:

Lol I totally feel the same on the voices. I'm off put with Kriss's voice, I can't help from imagining it is Chocoberry from Adventure Time haha. Do you know how the omnibus version is going to differ, like what changes are expected to be made? 

They haven't explained very much... But off the top of my head, Isaac has mentioned (1) removing all the electric lamps, (2) removing the horse in v2 ch6, (3) removing the IV bag in v3 ch6, (4) removing the "boombox" in v1 ch2... Which would make me assume they've done a lot of small fixes and clean ups.

Off course he's also mentioned a prologue and other new content. Something like 40 new pages?

Can't wait to see it.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:07 PM, Jofwu said:

They haven't explained very much... But off the top of my head, Isaac has mentioned (1) removing all the electric lamps, (2) removing the horse in v2 ch6, (3) removing the IV bag in v3 ch6, (4) removing the "boombox" in v1 ch2... Which would make me assume they've done a lot of small fixes and clean ups.

Off course he's also mentioned a prologue and other new content. Something like 40 new pages?

Can't wait to see it.

I could be wrong, but I believe they said they were going to touch up some portions of it to make it more visually cohesive. I'm not sure how far they would go, but I imagine at least the last portion of volume 2 would be redone to better match the overall style. I hope they give some attention to volume 1 as well though, it's kinda rough. 

• 1 month later...