12 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I am honestly playing a very normal game this time around, and if anyone has a problem with that then I'm not sorry :D

Although, to the best of my knowledge pretty mcuh everything I have said so far has been contradictory. That is pretty much all there is to it. The forces that dictate my behaviors are complex and inscrutable :P

THE KING OF CUPS

"Hardly," scoffed Karnan. He'd played cards with the one they called the Storm several times, and most of them were unsatisfying and consisted in them silently glaring at each other while speaking of nothing of note. As far as he was concerned, if 'Honest' Jake was having fun, it wasn't his problem, though Karnan did find himself amused at the thought that Jake had previously commented on Eiwlil's unpredictability.

Then again, he supposed you saw yourself best reflected in the styles of others. It was that way, with the sword.

13 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I am not playing any games except cards, and you can keep your guesses to yourself.

"What's the fun in that?" said Karnan. "I'll guess as I please. What're you going to do, have me barred from the game?" [OOC: I feel spicy. Surely Drake wouldn't NK me for taunting him...would he? :ph34r: ]

14 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think Iwille is composed of approximately 0% troll DNA though, when you think about it.

[OOC: Excuse you sir I have the receipts.]

15 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I am pleased to inform you that you're bound to get one of those eventually. Even with these players :P

Karnan supposed this was true: that if you played enough games of cards, you were eventually bound to hit that one sacred game where the players just shut up and bantered and didn't do anything too funny and just let him quietly blow off steam.

One day.

One day.

He ignored Heron telling him that it wasn't doing him a lick of good. The last he needed was his own head offering him unsolicited advice in Heron's voice.

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Tbh I’m not following the Kas/Drake back and forth so if there’s something important in there I should know you might need to spell it out more :P. 

Same. :P

The one important-ish thing I’ve gleaned from my skim read of it is that Drake might actually be an Honest player, and he was trying to not lie when he said that we he didn’t have an order to use a sword on Kas, but he’s actually planning on using the elim kill on Kas. This is obviously the only thing that makes sense. :P

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

The one important-ish thing I’ve gleaned from my skim read of it is that Drake might actually be an Honest player, and he was trying to not lie when he said that we he didn’t have an order to use a sword on Kas, but he’s actually planning on using the elim kill on Kas. This is obviously the only thing that makes sense. :P

Funny, I think you’re Honest and that I’ve discovered your tell :ph34r: That of course would make you evil based on the content of the posts with said theoretical tell, but I’m hesitant to vote you for it because I might be wrong since it’s something you probably do to some extent anyway, and it’s happened at least twice already and I feel like an elim Honest would avoid lying if possible.

No, I’m not telling you, that’s for you to wonder :P 

15 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Funny, I think you’re Honest and that I’ve discovered your tell :ph34r: That of course would make you evil based on the content of the posts with said theoretical tell, but I’m hesitant to vote you for it because I might be wrong since it’s something you probably do to some extent anyway, and it’s happened at least twice already and I feel like an elim Honest would avoid lying if possible.

No, I’m not telling you, that’s for you to wonder :P 

……Mat, if you’re not going to tell me while we’re in the game, can you at least tell me after the game? Because I am so genuinely curious what you’re even on about. :P

4 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

……Mat, if you’re not going to tell me while we’re in the game, can you at least tell me after the game? Because I am so genuinely curious what you’re even on about. :P

Yeah, of course :P I’ll say it once you die and flip evil, even :ph34r:

Course rethinking it I’m like 90% sure it’s just a Striker tell and not a Honest tell. 

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Tbh I’m not following the Kas/Drake back and forth 

[They're flirting :P] 

43 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

[I suppose you could read the sentence as he switched the NK off of Kas, made the post, then put it back on, this never technically lying because he said 'right now'. But it seems like a stretch. 

I actually think Striker's reason for voting Araris makes sense in a crazy kind of way, but like most of what he's done this round, it's seemed slightly off. Currently debating whether I'm seeing a difference in playstyles or actual tells. I'm looking at the easy vote switch, the jokingly justified vote, and the contribution with the veneer of helpfulness but little practical use as my red flags here. The penchant for ties is probably just Striker.]

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, of course :P I’ll say it once you die and flip evil, even :ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Course rethinking it I’m like 90% sure it’s just a Striker tell and not a Honest tell. 

It’s all the :P emojis, isn’t it? :P

41 minutes ago, Archer said:

This is the best interpretation.

42 minutes ago, Archer said:

I actually think Striker's reason for voting Araris makes sense in a crazy kind of way, but like most of what he's done this round, it's seemed slightly off. Currently debating whether I'm seeing a difference in playstyles or actual tells. I'm looking at the easy vote switch, the jokingly justified vote, and the contribution with the veneer of helpfulness but little practical use as my red flags here. The penchant for ties is probably just Striker.]

It’s probably because I’m trying to be more chill and stuff this game, at least to start. I have a tendency to get a little too invested into games sometimes, and I’m trying to actively combat that. The tie thing is definitely a Striker thing, and I would prefer to not get into a tie debate this game, because I know we disagree on ties for ties sake. (If anyone is curious, I do legitimately think ties are helpful for gathering information, both in the case of someone breaking the tie or the tie going through)

And with the helpfulness but little practical use thing, are you talking about me guessing the elim team size? I normally try and do something like that at the start of each game, and sometimes I go for crazy elim team size guesses, just to get reactions out of people. And that now gives me the idea of a 4 person elim team who are all Honest or a 1 person elim team with a Lucky Guard Captain

I do actually think that Araris has given me some interesting vibes, mostly just because I could totally see him doing that RP stuff about being unsurprised or something by the cards he got meaning he got elim again. I don’t know if my vote will actually stay here till the end of the cycle, but we’ll see.

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Tbh I’m not following the Kas/Drake back and forth so if there’s something important in there I should know you might need to spell it out more :P. 

Boo it isn't really that hard to follow :P

The short and long of it is that I am a Voidbringer and I am trying to decide if Kasimir is also a Voidbringer. Or at least, that is what it probably looks like to people who aren't me.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

You are quite correct. I have yet to utter a falsehood in this game, technicaly speaking, and I do plan on using the eliminator kill on Kasimir (and not a sword). I am both willing and able to do so this cycle. Later on there is some chance I might stop trying to kill him, but only if he dies before that point. In that case I might stop trying to kill him regardless of anything else that happens.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Yes but tbh one could do better than flirting with Kas

I suppose you could read the sentence as he switched the NK off of Kas, made the post, then put it back on, this never technically lying because he said 'right now'. But it seems like a stretch.

You are also quite right :P

48 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

It’s all the :P emojis, isn’t it? :P

I would not have figured that was the thing Matrim was talking about.

Making the :P emoji a tell would probably be fair at least because everyone uses it a lot.

(If anyone is curious, I do legitimately think ties are helpful for gathering information, both in the case of someone breaking the tie or the tie going through)

Boooo ties are bad

I think I feel the best about TUO right now but I’m having a unique game where I’m village reading pretty much everyone. TUO jumped onto whichever train was poked at the start and hasn’t budged which could be an elim just chilling and I guess that’s good enough for me right now.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think I feel the best about TUO right now but I’m having a unique game where I’m village reading pretty much everyone. TUO jumped onto whichever train was poked at the start and hasn’t budged which could be an elim just chilling and I guess that’s good enough for me right now.

TUO has not bee online recently, but they did make a post, so I am pretty sure I know what to make of this.

That's just cause I suspect no one, trust no one, and overall have no reads. The vote was a bit of a poke, and Drake has posted many times since then. I've just been lazy today, hence my lack of roleplay in this post and the more and more lackluster roleplay posts. 

OwO what a nice day outside! hewe is a votecouwnt fow youwu tbh!! hehe! xD

Votecount 1.5

Kasimir (2): Fabien, DrakeMarshall
Ashbringer (2): Archer, Araris Valerian
Araris Valerian (2): Kasimir, Striker
The Unknown Order (1): Matrims Dice
Not Voting (4): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera, Matrims Dice, The Unknown Order

Previous Vote Counts

Spoiler

VC 1.0 (8/1, 10:50AM, PST)

Spoiler

Not Voting (11): Matrims Dice, The Unknown Order, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Araris Valerian,
Kasimir, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.1 (8/1, 2:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Drake (2): Kasimir, The Unknown Order
Striker (1): Araris Valerian
Not Voting (8): Matrims Dice, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.2 (8/1, 5:10PM, PST)

Spoiler

Drake (2): Kasimir, The Unknown Order
Archer (2): Matrims Dice, DrakeMarshall
Striker (1): Araris Valerian
Ashbringer (1): Archer
Not Voting (5): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Fabien

VC 1.3 (8/1, 11:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Archer (2): Matrims Dice, DrakeMarshall
Drake (1): The Unknown Order
Kasimir (1): Fabien
Araris Valerian (1): Kasimir
Steeldancer (1): StrikerEZ
Not Voting (3): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera

VC 1.4 (8/2, 12:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Kasimir (2): Fabien, DrakeMarshall
Drake (1): The Unknown Order
Araris Valerian (1): Kasimir
Steeldancer (1): StrikerEZ
Not Voting (4): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera, Matrim

Ping me for a votecount when you need, or wait til I feel like doing one.

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Do you guys really want Not Voting to die that badly?

I really, really do. Not Voting isn't even voting. That alone is weird, right? 

Little lost though. I'm disappointed my calling can't be good at cards. Guard duty just isn't exciting. Or maybe I'm too easily distracted to be good at it. 

5 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

And that now gives me the idea of a 4 person elim team who are all Honest or a 1 person elim team with a Lucky Guard Captain

[OOC: I think you mean UnLucky >:( God, I'd be so tempted to self-exe on that sort of team. I mean I knowwwww gamethrowing but I can't see how this could be anything more than ten layers of bloody hell.]

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You are quite correct. I have yet to utter a falsehood in this game, technicaly speaking, and I do plan on using the eliminator kill on Kasimir (and not a sword). I am both willing and able to do so this cycle. Later on there is some chance I might stop trying to kill him, but only if he dies before that point. In that case I might stop trying to kill him regardless of anything else that happens.

[OOC: Why you gotta make Eiwlil check every sentence you're saying? :P ]

Yes but tbh one could do better than flirting with Kas

[OOC: That's what my ex said :( She's not wrong...]

Making the :P emoji a tell would probably be fair at least because everyone uses it a lot.

[OOC: I asked about an example of a tell and it was having to quote someone. You also don't have to do the tell multiple times though it'd be nice so theoretically you could get away with doing the tell once then lying multiple times. And I wouldn't be surprised if players are faking a tell just for the lulz - Eiwlil would do it and I was legit tempted before I decided it was too much effort. Should be RP here but it's a long day and I'm tired...]

Edited for justification. Imagine if my tell was that I couldn't justify everytime I told a lie. So much hell.

Then again, I almost never lie in SE games. That blew Eiwlil's mind.

Edited by Kasimir

6 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

The short and long of it is that I am a Voidbringer and I am trying to decide if Kasimir is also a Voidbringer. Or at least, that is what it probably looks like to people who aren't me.

You are quite correct. I have yet to utter a falsehood in this game, technicaly speaking, and I do plan on using the eliminator kill on Kasimir (and not a sword). I am both willing and able to do so this cycle. 

"Have yar said anything that be technically true yet," Travis asked, confused. "Seems tar be an odd thing to admit ya be, yo ho ho."

[I think Drake is lying? About everything? He's writing choppy, well curated sentences, so there's something he's doing unusual, I think just for kicks. But also, it could be a gambit to avoid scrutiny.]

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"I've seen ya play cards, yeehaw. That's odd for ya, yeehaw." 

[What does a Texan sound like] 

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

I really, really do. Not Voting isn't even voting. That alone is weird, right? 

Little lost though. I'm disappointed my calling can't be good at cards. Guard duty just isn't exciting. Or maybe I'm too easily distracted to be good at it. 

Elandera

Ashbringer  

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Then again, I almost never lie in SE games. That blew Eiwlil's mind.

"That's exactly what a liar would say," Travis murmured, feeling self conscious for quoting so many posts. 

Edit: @StrikerEZ [It was more about your commenting on Drake's post being the only thing that stood out to you.]

Edited by Archer

54 minutes ago, Archer said:

"I've seen ya play cards, yeehaw. That's odd for ya, yeehaw." 

[What does a Texan sound like]

Not even close, buddy. :P

55 minutes ago, Archer said:

Elandera

Now what did I do? Did I forget my spear again? Or is it sword? 

Anyways, TUO

43 minutes ago, Archer said:

"That's exactly what a liar would say," Travis murmured, feeling self conscious for quoting so many posts. 

THE FIRST OF MASKS

Karnan smirked. "That much is true." He shuffled his cards again and again. "Of course, I haven't had to cheat in almost seven years, and I've preferred silence to lying, as the Storm found out to his frustration." There was Brightlord Terneas, but he'd been lied to and used, and so that didn't count. [OOC: If it's not obvious, given my mention of backstory, Karnan is a character I used in LG20 when I ended up Elim because Maili accepted a bribe from Alv. But - and it's probably a combination of personality and playstyle - I'm no Connie, I will lie if I have to, I've just done my best to Aes Sedai some games and I prefer to keep things secret than to outright lie. Of course, I could be lying now. Complicated world, isn't it? :P ]

48 minutes ago, Archer said:

[I think Drake is lying? About everything? He's writing choppy, well curated sentences, so there's something he's doing unusual, I think just for kicks. But also, it could be a gambit to avoid scrutiny.]

[OOC: Seems about right to me. If so, Drake's insistence on ensuring I'm in any tie is odd, but if he wants to be a mule about it, that's not my problem.]

"Guard duty isn't supposed to be exciting," Karnan pointed out. Still, the way Valimar'd just hopped on to calling Aralis a cheater didn't sit well with him, and Karnan liked to listen to his gut. Sometimes.

[OOC: Araris. Ideally I will be around for rollover but that's questionable given the stuff I'm juggling. I know Striker loves ties but the way he followed me on to the Araris tie doesn't sit well with my gut. And I'm happy to admit I don't play SE as regularly as I used to, and Araris is one of the players I like to play with, at least for a while, so if it comes down to it.

In case I do come back and the options shift, let me just state upfront who I'd be okay with grinching. I would be happy to go onto Ash or TUO. While this isn't a Contribution Crusade, I will say that recent events have made me very allergic to low activity/inactivity, and barring any strong suspicions, I'll go onto them. I don't feel okay shanking a guy currently GMing a game and anyway Steel and Drake are both mild trusts, but less than I can throw them, which isn't saying much since D1.

Null on Archer and Mat at the moment, mild bad gut on Striker but I feel like Striker is the Shield of the Lynch so this is actually a normal reaction to Striker so I'm not going to overthink this. Also, LG73 haunts me >> No negative gut on Elan but generally meh. Negative gut on Fabien, since they're in the sweet spot for a new Elim, but I don't think we go after the new guy D1 and I'm not going to start.

In summation:

Would Lynch:

Spoiler

-Ash
-TUO

Don't Care:

Spoiler

-Mat
-Archer
-Striker [Bad gut but then he's also the Shield of the Lynch so I split the difference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]
-Elan [Another case of splitting the difference. No bad gut, but at the same time, similar reasons for the Would Lynch group, sorry Elan.]

Wouldn't Lynch:

Spoiler

-Fabien [Negative gut; but New Guy]
-Araris [I like playing with him; if he's Evil I'll be happy to grinch him later.]
-Steel [Mild positive read]
-Drake [Mild positive read]

Obviously this is D1 and subject to change. Especially if I do manage to come back and y'all do something kayana again :P ]

[OOC: And Elan ninjaed me while I was typing this so wheeeee. Let's see.

@Lotus - What's the inactivity policy for this game?

In absence of that: Ashbringer. ]

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

Not even close, buddy. :P

Now what did I do? Did I forget my spear again? Or is it sword? 

Anyways, TUO

"Ooooooo boondangle! I'm right glad you asked me that here question! You've been playing like an Ashbringer with more conviniently evil timing, that you have. You done been calling this game boring and hard to follow-ah, like an evil cowpoke feigning disinterest. And then wee-rabbits y'all snake in my boot everything is bigger, you done vote for that mister without any explanition. Dallas!"

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

"Ooooooo boondangle! I'm right glad you asked me that here question! You've been playing like an Ashbringer with more conviniently evil timing, that you have. You done been calling this game boring and hard to follow-ah, like an evil cowpoke feigning disinterest. And then wee-rabbits y'all snake in my boot everything is bigger, you done vote for that mister without any explanition. Dallas!"

Now, don't you go putting words in my mouth. I never said the game was boring. I said guard duty is boring. All you do is sit and stare at nothing. This card game livens things up a little. 

I just have a problem staying focused, is all. Distracted by things. Even my own mind. Especially when there's a lot of people talking. It's good though. Talk is good.

If only I had a way to hear what was said before... Maybe the fabrial people should work on that. Audible recordings.

As for why TUO is my target, something's fishy there. I think it started with their first vote switch. A bit jumpy, that one.

38 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah this is exactly how us Texans talk. :P

Anyway, I want my vote to kill someone actually matter, and I do agree that TUO just immediately backing off for honestly not that harsh of a reaction probably points more towards an elim mindset than a villager mindset. Araris, TUO. I might change my mind and try to make a tie once @Illwei posts another VC, but I think this works for for now. Though I legitimately wouldn’t be opposed to exing Drake (besides for the fact that I don’t often get to play with him so I probably won’t this cycle).

I trust Kas, mostly because I just don’t think making the GC elim makes much sense, and his analysis and stuff feels like it always does: very helpful and like he’s actually trying to help. I can’t even imagine what elim!Kas would look like at this point. :P