2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

smh

THE JACK OF SMILES

"Maybe you should've bet on that," Karnan said, allowing himself the faintest smirk. "I may be an old hand at this, but I have some principles. You channelling Eiwlil now?" [OOC: Unlike Karnan, alas, I am new but I too have principles! And if you don't like them, I have more!]

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

i will bet you something that isn't a firemark

"Bet," Karnan said, absently, and marked out the clear broam. Might as well go for it.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

THE JACK OF SMILES

"Maybe you should've bet on that," Karnan said, allowing himself the faintest smirk. "I may be an old hand at this, but I have some principles. You channelling Eiwlil now?" [OOC: Unlike Karnan, alas, I am new but I too have principles! And if you don't like them, I have more!]

Are you implying that Elwili has no principles? :P

Yes, channelling Ewlieli is absolutely a thing that I am doing, but I for one have lots of principles so I don't need to borrow any of yours :D

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

"Bet," Karnan said, absently, and marked out the clear broam. Might as well go for it.

Yes, I do not want to bet you a firemark, anything else will do.

Jack Oliver Travis stumbled out of their bunk several hours after everyone else and rushed to the card tent. Forget Voidbringers, time zones were the real enemy. They had almost been late to the round. What a terrible thing. How could they write an essay concerning card games as an allegory for sin when they missed the card games? Sure, they had the sections about how the numbers indicated a gradual slide into sin ("in ones and twos", gradual action in small groups), how the suits showed avenues to sin (spears showing an excess of masculinity, stubbornness, and directness, guards showing deliberate ignorance, disregarding morals for authority, and losing the self, pens showing sedition, paranoia, and betrayal, and swords showing concern for rank over the true self, prioritising showmanship over success, and the mockery of true battle), and what the power cards meant (Shardblade showing wanton destruction, Soulcaster showing the perversion of that which is holy), but none of the rules spoke on the people. If they wanted to study sin, they would have to drown in it. From some previous observation, they had categorised several archetypes of players, each a sinner in a different way. The cheaters were obvious enough, blatantly sinning, but the others were equally sinful. The truthtellers exploited the honesty of others by using their own honesty to gain information. The clever fiends cheated by looking and the bleeding fools. And the captain? Well, the captain was respectable enough in theory, but to play at all implied a tarnished spirit. (So what did that say about their own soul?)

They shook off their thoughts, tossed a few clearchips into the pot, and focused on the game. To truly observe the sinners at their default, they would have to immerse themselves in sin. It was all for a higher purpose, so their soul was safe. Yes. Definitely. All for the glory of the Almighty. (And victoire.) 

Hi! Fabien here with what was supposed to be a general handyman but became an ardent for reasons unknown! I see that we're betting. Hmm... I bet an essay on the nature of sin in relation to this specific card game that at least one Honest person forgets to put their tell in at least once! Sorry for not being here for hours, time zones are terrible. Good to be here finally! I don't really know who to vote for, so I'll just figure it out. Actually...

Jack had to enhance the sin on the table. The captain was already abusing authority, albeit in jest, but just a little pressure, and maybe he would crack. Or at least get close. "Now, Captain Karnan, I don't think abusing your authority makes for a fair game." They smiled and leaned back in their chair to feign nonchalance, but they studied the captain's reaction behind lidded eyes.

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Are you implying that Elwili has no principles? :P

Yes, channelling Ewlieli is absolutely a thing that I am doing, but I for one have lots of principles so I don't need to borrow any of yours :D

THE JACK OF SPHERES

Would Karnan do such a thing?

Absolutely, absolutely yes.

[OOC: I'll have you know Eiwlil tried to bully me in the GM PM and Lotus had to stop her. I praise the beneficence of the GM Lotus and bite my thumb at the mean Eiwlil! >:( ]

"Just as well," Karnan said, absently. "I'm not sure I'd like to try on any of your principles, Jake."

Seemed like the other Jack was a bit of a bleeding heart. Karnan rolled his eyes. Last thing he needed was another of those. That was how you started, and then the world took you and ground you down and then instead of restoring the Heralds to the world, you wound up playing cards in a corner of Urithiru. "Pressure, lad? How amusing."

He shuffled his hand again. Heron had a neat trick, the sort where he made one card look like another. The trick was in making people look elsewhere, then slipping a card out from your sleeve. Karnan had the speed for it, but it'd been years since he tried that, and it seemed to go against the point of a nice, quiet posting, with a nice, quiet, boring game. If he wanted to deal with cheaters, he'd play Heron.

Lady of Sorrows, Jack of Spheres.

The Queen bearing the Swords, and the knave who thought he held the world in his hands. Old tricks, Karnan thought, and he swallowed the grief and played.

3 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

im not sorry

smh smh smh keep on like this good sir and we'll see if I keep counting your votes tbh smh

19 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

you too good sir. smhsmhhh

anyways we're 12 hours into the day and I am bored, so here we are!! there's like, three new votes. but that's votes all the same!!

Votecount 1.3

Archer (2): Matrims Dice, DrakeMarshall
Ashbringer (2): Archer, Araris Valerian
Drake (1): The Unknown Order
Kasimir (1): Fabien
Araris Valerian (1): Kasimir
Steeldancer (1): StrikerEZ
Not Voting (3): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera

Previous Vote Counts

Spoiler

VC 1.0 (10:50AM, PST)

Spoiler

Not Voting (11): Matrims Dice, The Unknown Order, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Araris Valerian,
Kasimir, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.1 (2:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Drake (2): Kasimir, The Unknown Order
Striker (1): Araris Valerian
Not Voting (8): Matrims Dice, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.2 (5:10PM, PST)

Spoiler

Ashbringer (1): Archer
Not Voting (5): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Fabien

Ping me for a votecount when you need, or wait til I feel like doing one.

Hi, I'm here and I have no idea what's going on. Why is that been me the last couple games I've played, I just consistently am completely out of the loop. 

So Im going to help myself to a nice reread of the rules. Adios amigos

Edit: I have a dumb idea. You see when there's a tie, everyone involved dies. So why don't we all get one vote on everyone and kill everyone in a single turn?

This is a bit trollish for me but it would be hilarious. 

Edit 2: well freak kasimir wouldn't die. Scratch that idea. 

Edited by Steeldancer

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Edit: I have a dumb idea. You see when there's a tie, everyone involved dies. So why don't we all get one vote on everyone and kill everyone in a single turn?

THE TOWER

Karnan shrugged.

"Why not?" he said, laconically. If everyone wanted to cheat, he supposed he was up for a game of solitaire.

'Course, the way these things went, probably someone would play a card, break the tie, that sort of thing. Or they'd change their mind at the last minute. These things usually happened. Didn't always trust everyone to hold their nerve, and if cheating Voidbringers wouldn't even play by the rules of a simple game of cards, why expect them not to cheat a gentleman's agreement like that?

Edited to add:

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

anyways we're 12 hours into the day and I am bored, so here we are!! there's like, three new votes. but that's votes all the same!!

[OOC: Smh smh Elims you aren't entertaining her enough!]

Edited by Kasimir

Ah, true, there are cards to change votes and whatnot. I just thought it would be funny in concept. If it actually happened it would kind of be the worst actually. I would hate that as a GM. 

Also, striker, I'm a bit creeped by the idea of a love vote. I'm ok, not being loved :P

9 hours ago, Fabien said:

Jack Oliver Travis stumbled out of their bunk several hours after everyone else and rushed to the card tent. Forget Voidbringers, time zones were the real enemy. They had almost been late to the round. What a terrible thing. How could they write an essay concerning card games as an allegory for sin when they missed the card games? Sure, they had the sections about how the numbers indicated a gradual slide into sin ("in ones and twos", gradual action in small groups), how the suits showed avenues to sin (spears showing an excess of masculinity, stubbornness, and directness, guards showing deliberate ignorance, disregarding morals for authority, and losing the self, pens showing sedition, paranoia, and betrayal, and swords showing concern for rank over the true self, prioritising showmanship over success, and the mockery of true battle), and what the power cards meant (Shardblade showing wanton destruction, Soulcaster showing the perversion of that which is holy), but none of the rules spoke on the people. If they wanted to study sin, they would have to drown in it. 

Travis sighed as Mr. Travis sat down. "Do you know how much crem I get just for sharing your name? People be telling me they disagree with your assertion that the use of spears for combat represents a perversion of our agrarian, egalitarian ways. I don't even look like a priest."

He held up a card with a single guard on it. "This is a real man. And I ain't just saying that because the soldiers are here. I've fought alongside these kinds of men. I don't wanna hear no smack about 'em." 

Satisfied he'd made his point, Travis turned back to shuffling his cards. 

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

"He better not die. He promised he'd get those shiny-eyed snakes ta send us some proper salt. None of this cheap stuff. I ain't letting him off the hook fer that just because of a card game."

[It would make sense if that was an intentional safeguard. Although a more likely scenario is a group casts a bunch of single votes and has one two-vote train that is turned to a tie at the last second when an elim removes the key vote. If Araris is right about there being truly random card distribution, you can't balance the Thug by regularly blocking the NK, but it does give Cap enough of an excuse not to die to the NK that no one would suspect e!them for it. Given how short this game will be at a pace of two kills per round, it would have to be a two person elim team to be balanced with the Thug. And if it is, and we execute them once, we're just going to do it twice because obviously we suspect them enough to do it once. I think that limits the elim team's functionality enough that it's non-viable. So I'm assuming a village Kas in this game.]

2 hours ago, Archer said:

"He better not die. He promised he'd get those shiny-eyed snakes ta send us some proper salt. None of this cheap stuff. I ain't letting him off the hook fer that just because of a card game."

THE KING IN THE SALT

Karnan snorted. "Did my best, didn't I? Quartermaster put the requisition through. You know what it's like though, always fighting with Accounting. 'Least they can do if they're going to feed us on Soulcast food." He was used enough to soldier's rations that he wasn't about to complain, even though he'd seen the finer foods that the Alethi lords ate at the various functions and events he'd shadowed Brightlord Terneas too.

Almighty, those were the days.

And here he was now, an old sword, rusting, put out to pasture, partly by his own design, playing cards with the men under his charge in Urithiru. 

Who'd've thought?

Heron'd have made some acerbic comment about that, and then buried his nose in some scholarly treatise or other. But that was Heron for you. Trust that man like you'd trust a knife. Best kept close and watched.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

[It would make sense if that was an intentional safeguard. Although a more likely scenario is a group casts a bunch of single votes and has one two-vote train that is turned to a tie at the last second when an elim removes the key vote. If Araris is right about there being truly random card distribution, you can't balance the Thug by regularly blocking the NK, but it does give Cap enough of an excuse not to die to the NK that no one would suspect e!them for it. Given how short this game will be at a pace of two kills per round, it would have to be a two person elim team to be balanced with the Thug. And if it is, and we execute them once, we're just going to do it twice because obviously we suspect them enough to do it once. I think that limits the elim team's functionality enough that it's non-viable. So I'm assuming a village Kas in this game.]

Karnan shrugged. "Balance, no balance, always depends on how the cards fall, isn't it? Sometimes, you just got to plan for the worst. Sometimes life throws you Shardblades and then it all goes to Braize in a basket." It hadn't, not really. Karnan'd never laid a hand on one, and never planned to. Something about Shardblades unnerved him. A sword was a tool, to be cared for, used, and discarded. The idea of so much mystique and craving surrounding a blade never made sense to him.

[OOC: Okay, too tired to finesse this one via RP. I'm obviously a biased party but I'd agree - two person Elim team is a bit too small given the obvious volatility of this game in my view, especially with all cards being distributed by RNGesus. I had to annul results a couple of times in MR43 with the IM's approval because RNGesus gave all except two players a one-shot kill. Not saying it will happen here, but once you let RNGesus run rampant, having a two-man Elim team just seems a bit too subject to RNGesus volatility. Whether or not that could potentially work with regard to a three-person team with GC, I wouldn't know.]

Travis made a good point about ties, though. As much as Karnan didn't mind playing solitaire, he figured it was easy enough to get caught off-guard, and suddenly before they knew it, half the table was sent off as cheaters. Wouldn't do, would it?

[OOC: Eiwlil has clarified that the vote shift card can in fact create ties. Just to confirm, I'd like @Lotus to comment on this please.]

All in all, Karnan could see a case for being cautious about margins when accusing another guard of cheating.

And really, if he'd wanted to play solitaire, he'd have dropped in on Heron, probably.

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Heron

Heron

Heron

[If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get me Oops Awarded.]

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Archer isn’t suspicious but also no one is.

Travis side-eyed Mat. "Kid, if you don't expect to get stabbed in the back every minute of the day, you're gonna have terrible posture. There's plenty of sketchy characters here."

[TUO, why are you soft claiming the exe block card? 

Mat, you softed Lucky then said Lucky-Clever is a good elim team. Anything you'd like to fess up to? 

Drake, you said there's probably no Lucky elims, why are you and Mat at odds? 

Ash. Why you betting so little. Your character is a worldhopper, they must be rich. But also, game thoughts? 

Striker, your votes seems... chaos demon. Meant to tie and explicitly a stab. Probably the one I'm most suspicious of so far, but we've had this conversation before] 

13 hours ago, Fabien said:

Jack Oliver Travis stumbled out of their bunk several hours after everyone else and rushed to the card tent. Forget Voidbringers, time zones were the real enemy. They had almost been late to the round. What a terrible thing. How could they write an essay concerning card games as an allegory for sin when they missed the card games? Sure, they had the sections about how the numbers indicated a gradual slide into sin ("in ones and twos", gradual action in small groups), how the suits showed avenues to sin (spears showing an excess of masculinity, stubbornness, and directness, guards showing deliberate ignorance, disregarding morals for authority, and losing the self, pens showing sedition, paranoia, and betrayal, and swords showing concern for rank over the true self, prioritising showmanship over success, and the mockery of true battle), and what the power cards meant (Shardblade showing wanton destruction, Soulcaster showing the perversion of that which is holy), but none of the rules spoke on the people. If they wanted to study sin, they would have to drown in it. From some previous observation, they had categorised several archetypes of players, each a sinner in a different way. The cheaters were obvious enough, blatantly sinning, but the others were equally sinful. The truthtellers exploited the honesty of others by using their own honesty to gain information. The clever fiends cheated by looking and the bleeding fools. And the captain? Well, the captain was respectable enough in theory, but to play at all implied a tarnished spirit. (So what did that say about their own soul?)

They shook off their thoughts, tossed a few clearchips into the pot, and focused on the game. To truly observe the sinners at their default, they would have to immerse themselves in sin. It was all for a higher purpose, so their soul was safe. Yes. Definitely. All for the glory of the Almighty. (And victoire.) 

Hi! Fabien here with what was supposed to be a general handyman but became an ardent for reasons unknown! I see that we're betting. Hmm... I bet an essay on the nature of sin in relation to this specific card game that at least one Honest person forgets to put their tell in at least once! Sorry for not being here for hours, time zones are terrible. Good to be here finally! I don't really know who to vote for, so I'll just figure it out. Actually...

Jack had to enhance the sin on the table. The captain was already abusing authority, albeit in jest, but just a little pressure, and maybe he would crack. Or at least get close. "Now, Captain Karnan, I don't think abusing your authority makes for a fair game." They smiled and leaned back in their chair to feign nonchalance, but they studied the captain's reaction behind lidded eyes.

"Hello I am displeased to be of your aquaintance and your treatise on the nature of vice in card games sounds like a bore. Also I think abusing authority is great! So there."

11 hours ago, Kasimir said:

THE JACK OF SPHERES

[OOC: I'll have you know Eiwlil tried to bully me in the GM PM and Lotus had to stop her. I praise the beneficence of the GM Lotus and bite my thumb at the mean Eiwlil! >:( ]

"Just as well," Karnan said, absently. "I'm not sure I'd like to try on any of your principles, Jake."

Seemed like the other Jack was a bit of a bleeding heart. Karnan rolled his eyes. Last thing he needed was another of those. That was how you started, and then the world took you and ground you down and then instead of restoring the Heralds to the world, you wound up playing cards in a corner of Urithiru. "Pressure, lad? How amusing."

He shuffled his hand again. Heron had a neat trick, the sort where he made one card look like another. The trick was in making people look elsewhere, then slipping a card out from your sleeve. Karnan had the speed for it, but it'd been years since he tried that, and it seemed to go against the point of a nice, quiet posting, with a nice, quiet, boring game. If he wanted to deal with cheaters, he'd play Heron.

Lady of Sorrows, Jack of Spheres.

The Queen bearing the Swords, and the knave who thought he held the world in his hands. Old tricks, Karnan thought, and he swallowed the grief and played.

[I don't believe you, Eiillw would never do such a thing.]

"I already said I have a wealth of principles, but I'm keeping them all to myself. Anyone who wants any of my one-of-a-kind principles can get lost."

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

smh smh smh keep on like this good sir and we'll see if I keep counting your votes tbh smh

I dare you to keep counting my votes tbh

7 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Hi, I'm here and I have no idea what's going on. Why is that been me the last couple games I've played, I just consistently am completely out of the loop. 

So Im going to help myself to a nice reread of the rules. Adios amigos

So, I think this would be pretty doable, so I probably could get behind it.

5 hours ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Smh smh Elims you aren't entertaining her enough!]

That is how you know for sure that I am a Voidbringer. I am a very boring person :(

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Given how short this game will be at a pace of two kills per round, it would have to be a two person elim team to be balanced with the Thug. And if it is, and we execute them once, we're just going to do it twice because obviously we suspect them enough to do it once. I think that limits the elim team's functionality enough that it's non-viable. So I'm assuming a village Kas in this game.]

I would agree, I think.

Archer Kasimir.

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I dare you to keep counting my votes tbh

Is this a request for a votecount? Either way, I will oblige!! also if I'm fast I can catch the start of the next page oh ho ho ho

Votecount 1.4

Kasimir (2): Fabien, DrakeMarshall
Not Voting (4): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera, Matrim

Previous Vote Counts

Spoiler

VC 1.0 (10:50AM, PST)

Spoiler

Not Voting (11): Matrims Dice, The Unknown Order, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Araris Valerian,
Kasimir, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.1 (2:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Not Voting (8): Matrims Dice, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

VC 1.2 (5:10PM, PST)

Spoiler

Ashbringer (1): Archer
Not Voting (5): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Fabien

VC 1.3 (11:50PM, PST)

Spoiler

Kasimir (1): Fabien
Not Voting (3): Steeldancer, Ashbringer, Elandera

Ping me for a votecount when you need, or wait til I feel like doing one.

So, my love for Steel has waned. It's time to vote Ararisbecause clearly the gambler's fallacy is actually how things work, and he's the most likely to be elim out of all of us. :P

Also, ya like jazz ties? :P

50 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mat, you softed Lucky then said Lucky-Clever is a good elim team. Anything you'd like to fess up to? 

I… did? I mean I said the joke about my username but that’s NAI. Legitimately no clue what you mean here. I think you think other people soft things when they don’t a lot :P And I don’t think very many people notice your softs. I certainly don’t.

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Okay, too tired to finesse this one via RP. I'm obviously a biased party but I'd agree - two person Elim team is a bit too small given the obvious volatility of this game in my view, especially with all cards being distributed by RNGesus. I had to annul results a couple of times in MR43 with the IM's approval because RNGesus gave all except two players a one-shot kill. Not saying it will happen here, but once you let RNGesus run rampant, having a two-man Elim team just seems a bit too subject to RNGesus volatility. Whether or not that could potentially work with regard to a three-person team with GC, I wouldn't know.]

I think I would bet against this game having a volatile setup as well. There was probably a decent amout of time to adjust things for the number of players and I imagine they may have even been thinking about MR43 to balance a game like this.

But the point is, depending on your alignment, I think you should probably be excluded from any ties that happen this cycle. If you wanted to be part of a tie than too bad, my reasoning for this line of thinking is probably terrible but I am pretty set in my ways.

[OOC: Eiwlil has clarified that the vote shift card can in fact create ties. Just to confirm, I'd like @Lotus to comment on this please.]

Oh goody, I hope we get to see that in action.

36 minutes ago, Archer said:

Drake, you said there's probably no Lucky elims, why are you and Mat at odds? 

I am at odds with Mat, yes. It really wouldn't make sense for the elims to have the Lucky role compared to the others.

29 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I would agree, I think.

THE PRINCE OF CUPS

"Interesting," Karnan drawled. "Of course, you're very much like Eiwlil at cards. A bird told me so." He knew the type: make openly contradictory statements, act seemingly chaotic, try to provoke and draw out reactions. He played the Prince of Cups, face-down. A young highprince with cups overflowing: dangerous, jovial, but air in the card, air to balance the water. Thought ran deep beneath the surface, as it always did. 

Real question was what Jake's game was, but Karnan thought he'd had a guess. At any rate, he'd mildly a good opinion of Steel and Jake at this juncture. Enough that he wasn't planning to immediately call them out as cheaters, though you never knew. You never stopped counting your cards and watching your spheres, and early impressions could always be flawed, the way Karnan saw it.

Sometimes, even well-formed impressions. He'd respected Brightlord Terneas. And then there was Heron.

Still, he wasn't about to disrespect Aralis like that. Probably wouldn't get a rise out of the old man, but Karnan liked to think he'd try anyway. Maybe one day he'd get through to him, and wouldn't that be a surprise?

34 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

[I don't believe you, Eiillw would never do such a thing.]

[OOC: Look at that troll DNA. Of course she would :( I am bullied.]

1 hour ago, Archer said:

[If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get me Oops Awarded.]

[OOC: I blame Wyrm, I had to do a shoutout to his character, specifically the one that got me shanked in Kholinar :P ]

30 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, my love for Steel has waned. It's time to vote Ararisbecause clearly the gambler's fallacy is actually how things work, and he's the most likely to be elim out of all of us. :P

Karnan eyed Valimar wearily. "Lad," he said, "Maybe cool it on the passion a little. It's just cards."

[OOC: Hey hey what's with your commitment issues Striker :P ]

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think I would bet against this game having a volatile setup as well. There was probably a decent amout of time to adjust things for the number of players and I imagine they may have even been thinking about MR43 to balance a game like this.

But the point is, depending on your alignment, I think you should probably be excluded from any ties that happen this cycle. If you wanted to be part of a tie than too bad, my reasoning for this line of thinking is probably terrible but I am pretty set in my ways.

THE LANTERN-BEARER

[OOC: Was supposed to edit this in but ninja-ed by Striker. Partly agree, partly disagree. Gonna disagree with this one if it's raw randomness. She's got better balance I think in terms of raw probabilities since it's 1/18th for a kill card but RNGesus is going to RNGesus. RNGesus role madness in a set of eleven players is merry hell to balance for, even for an experienced GM. That being said, I absolutely think the distro would've been done to minimise volatility because that's what you do.

I mean, logically, whatever my alignment is, I'd love Steel's plan. If I'm Elim and you all really do die, my team automatically wins. And if I'm Village and everyone dies, Village automatically wins since the Elims would all be dead. The fact that I think a bit better of you and Steel for your thoughts on that plan even if that plan doesn't work should be indicative but really I'm just here to have a quiet, chill RPful game and play a mean game of cards.]

Karnan smiled and kept his cards close to hand.

A nice, quiet posting, even if card games sometimes had the potential to go awry with this lot. Cheaters and all that. You never showed the cards in your hand, and it wasn't always the easiest thing, reading the others, though you tried, of course. You always tried.

Heron was one painful chullson to read. Never really knew what he was thinking. Ordinary Heron was readable enough. You knew when you needled him, when you pushed him too far. When Heron put his game face on, that was a different story.

"Talk less, play more," Karnan said.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, ya like jazz ties? :P

Guess it's time to call in my prayer to the Gods of Luck and chance from @Alvron.

Edit: Whoops, no prayer required. Guess I'll just be out. I can go help what's his face with the latrines I suppose.

Edit 2: Although, this tie is only really worth it if we currently have 2 elims involved, or there are only 2 elims in the game. Although I suppose there might be something interesting to learn about a 3-person team if we (not me, sadly) learn one of their teammates.

Edited by Araris Valerian

35 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

"Interesting," Karnan drawled. "Of course, you're very much like Eiwlil at cards. A bird told me so." He knew the type: make openly contradictory statements, act seemingly chaotic, try to provoke and draw out reactions. He played the Prince of Cups, face-down. A young highprince with cups overflowing: dangerous, jovial, but air in the card, air to balance the water. Thought ran deep beneath the surface, as it always did.

I am honestly playing a very normal game this time around, and if anyone has a problem with that then I'm not sorry :D

Although, to the best of my knowledge pretty mcuh everything I have said so far has been contradictory. That is pretty much all there is to it. The forces that dictate my behaviors are complex and inscrutable :P

Real question was what Jake's game was, but Karnan thought he'd had a guess.

:eyes:

I am not playing any games except cards, and you can keep your guesses to yourself.

[OOC: Look at that troll DNA. Of course she would :( I am bullied.]

I think Iwille is composed of approximately 0% troll DNA though, when you think about it.

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm just here to have a quiet, chill RPful game

I am pleased to inform you that you're bound to get one of those eventually. Even with these players :P

"Talk less, play more," Karnan said.

"I can only do one of those things at the same time and I feel like the cards I have are ones I should hold on to for as long as possible. Honestly I think everyone should consider holding their cards today. You very probably will get chances to spend them all eventually."