42 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Hopefully we have enough people-not sure if 10 is enough

It’d probably be better if you got more, and I’m fine with waiting if everyone else is.

16 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Hello fellow new player :P

Hello, yes, I am new player

Spoiler

kyxCC4sAt4-2.png

11 hours ago, Lotus said:

But will you actually be honest :ph34r:

Yes, indubitably. Somebody with “honest” in their name is very trustworthy, no? After all, I have never ever lied before in Sanderson Elimination (because I’m a new player).

Edited by DrakeMarshall
Image showing up >:(

Hi! I don't really know how forum mafia works, but I'd love to find out. I really like playing werewolf with friends, so maybe I'll like this! So you need a character? Uh... I guess I'll go with Jack Oliver Travis, which is definitely not a reference to the word jot, Jack of all Trades, or golf.

I do have some questions though. 

1. Does the Honest role apply to the semantics of a lie or the spirit of a lie? For example, if I was a wolf and I said "I am a villager" because I live in a village IRL, would that be a lie for the purposes of the role? Or if I said "I'm village" because village is a valid nickname for me  Stuff like that. Or "I trust xyz" because as a wolf, I know xyz is also a wolf. Or "I would suspect zyx" using "would" to imply that I don't because as a wolf, I know zyx is not a wolf. 
  2. Are the cards that work on other people of your choice or random/narrator decided? I think it would be of your choice, but the rules just say "another player" or "a different person"
  3. Does the word "can" in some card descriptions mean success is random or the player has the ability to use it without choosing to have the effect?

1 hour ago, Fabien said:

Does the Honest role apply to the semantics of a lie or the spirit of a lie? For example, if I was a wolf and I said "I am a villager" because I live in a village IRL, would that be a lie for the purposes of the role? Or if I said "I'm village" because village is a valid nickname for me  Stuff like that. Or "I trust xyz" because as a wolf, I know xyz is also a wolf. Or "I would suspect zyx" using "would" to imply that I don't because as a wolf, I know zyx is not a wolf. 

I'm going to say direct lies are the only ones I'm going to be picky about but like spirit of the lie also? So don't say 'I am a village' without giving a tell, but if you say 'I trust so and so' and you are lying for some reason, I'm not going to pay attention to that. But like also don't get fey-y on me. Don't do the 'I am a villager' because you live in a village IRL.

1 hour ago, Fabien said:

Are the cards that work on other people of your choice or random/narrator decided? I think it would be of your choice, but the rules just say "another player" or "a different person"

Person of your choice.

1 hour ago, Fabien said:

Does the word "can" in some card descriptions mean success is random or the player has the ability to use it without choosing to have the effect?

Neither, just a turn of phrase. 'If you play this card, you can use the card to cause this affect'

Also welcome to SE!

11 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Hello, yes, I am new player

Reveal hidden contents

kyxCC4sAt4-2.png

Yes, indubitably. Somebody with “honest” in their name is very trustworthy, no? After all, I have never ever lied before in Sanderson Elimination (because I’m a new player).

Hello new player, I am new player too!

I also cannot draw it seems.

Spoiler

soncow.png.1888500a0bab8b45f6fe8c1ee7a6a921.png

Let's hope I can play this forum mafia game better than I can draw :S

@Lotus: Asking for fellow new player DrakeMarshall here: does he have to give his tell if he is Honest? :P 

Edited by Kasimir

MR52L Cycle 1: the Cards are dealt

The players sat around the table, as the guard captain began to deal the cards. "Remember. No cheating. If you get caught you'll forfeit your bets." In the middle of the table lies a pile of spheres, mostly smaller gems glowing with the faint light of stormlight.

And now... the cards are dealt, and let the games begin.

As this is the first round, I must announce that Kasmir is the Guard Captain! 

Player list: 

Spoiler

1. @Matrim's Dice, Character TBD

2. @The Unknown Order

3. @Steeldancer

4. @Ashbringer Faleast
5. @StrikerEZ

6. @Elandera

7. @Araris Valerian

8. @Kasimir Karnan, lighteyed swordsman, formerly working for Brightlord Terneas

9. @Archer

10. @DrakeMarshallHonest Jake

11. @Fabien Jack Oliver Travis

If you have not received a PM please let us know!

A reminder that PMs between players are closed for this game.

The cycle will end on August 3rd at 9 am PST

Edited by Lotus

Hello! it is I, Illwei! your resident VC bot reporting for duty!

Current Vote Count:

Not Voting (11): Matrim's Dice, The Unknown Order, Steeldancer, Ashbringer, StrikerEZ, Elandera, Araris Valerian, Kasimir, Archer, DrakeMarshall, Fabien

Edited by Illwei

THE KING OF SWORDS

Guard captain.

Karnan wasn't sure which gods he'd offended to end up with that sort of job. All of the responsibility, none of the fun. 

He'd been responsible, once. He wasn't really sure it suited him. Discovering that your blade had been used for fell deeds did that to a man. Now he just played the cards that life dealt him, nevermind what Heron said. Heron wasn't the one who had to look himself in the mirror in the morning, was he now?

Thing was, he hadn't really expected to be made guard captain. He'd figured he'd go for a nice, quiet post, maybe somewhere they wanted an old hand who knew which end of a sword was which. Urithiru had Radiants, didn't it? Working for them was a nice switch, maybe, from the Sons of Honour.

Bloody Heron.

They'd taken one look at the fact he'd worked for Brightlord Terneas and decided he had enough talents and made him guard captain. Sure, he was pretty good with a sword, and he knew his way around intrigue and Brightlords and all of that stuff, but Karnan thought he was an old dog, really, just bound for the scrapheap.

He fanned out his cards, careful to shield them from the gaze of the other guards. Never knew, with this lot. Karnan didn't trust anyone he didn't vet personally, and unfortunately, the only person he'd personally vetted in this batch was...himself.

Awkward, that.

"Well then, Honest Jake," he drawled. "I hear you're new in these parts, as am I. Tell me, how does a jack like you come to work for the guard here?"

[OOC: Psst, GM Almighty - signed up previously as Karnan, lighteyed swordsman, formerly working for Brightlord Terneas.]

Edited: Apologies, welcome the IM to confirm this, but I made a slight edit here as I had an old man brain moment and Karnan's backstory has him working for Brightlord Terneas. Sorry about this! Would appreciate/request for a playerlist edit :) 

Edited by Kasimir
Forgot to red vote RIP sorry I new

"Well, the names Greyhound Jack, but you can call me Greyhound Jack." He smiles at his own joke. "I knew a man by the name of Honest once. He was a politician. Claimed he was fighting the good fight, but underneath he was dirty as could be. So, Honest Jack, (Drake) are you like ol' Aboham Lincolar? Or are you truly honest?"

"Hey, @Lotus io, you made up this game. Does the Guard of Cards block the community murdering session? (Exe?)

Edited by The Unknown Order

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Well, the names Greyhound Jack, but you can call me Greyhound Jack." He smiles at his own joke. "I knew a man by the name of Honest once. He was a politician. Claimed he was fighting the good fight, but underneath he was dirty as could be. So, Honest Jack, (Drake) are you like ol' Aboham Lincolar? Or are you truly honest?"

"Hey, @Lotus io, you made up this game. Does the Guard of Cards block the community murdering session? (Exe?)

Good question it does :)

What a day to be on guard duty. What was the point, anyways? All we do is play cards. Not that I'm complaining. It's better than actual work, I guess. But one day I'll need to do something to advance my Calling. 

Maybe being good at cards can be my calling...

Aralis frowned at the captain, this Karnan fellow. Man seemed entirely too young for such a post. Then he frowned at his cards. No surprises there, although that was bit of a surprise in itself. It would be nice to have some surprising cards, rather than a surprising life. Lastly, Aralis frowned at the other players. Cards were bothersome foolishness, and that was that. But it was a bit easier to glare at the other players from at the table, instead of from outside it. So Aralis played.

Of course there would be cheaters. Aralis had tried his hand at that once. Never been any good, couldn't keep his face straight. But you couldn't trust folks these days further than you could whack them with a stick. As his gaze swept over the players, he thought Striker flinched a bit. Might be a sign of cheating, that. Or just recalling their last confrontation.

"And there's no such thing as Voidbringers! Voidbotherers, more like, if they are silly enough to play cards with the likes of us."

38 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Good question it does :)

The rules specifically say that Guard cards block night kills:

One of Guards: Protect yourself from night kill (Does not protect against Shardblade)

Two of Guards: Protect a different person from being night killed (Does not protect against Shardblade)

Was the original intent that they also save from the vote?