MR52: Guard Duty

Getting guard duty on the upper levels of Uritheru is probably about the most boring post you could have. But, at least today you’ve got a deck of cards to play with. How will you play? What cards will you gain? Do you even know what the rules are? Or what the name of the game is? How much will you bet, how much will you loose? We'll find out....

Welcome to MR52: Guard Duty! I’m very excited to be your GM for this game, but it is my first time so bear with me as I figure things out!

(I am looking for a co-gm, pm me if interested)

GM: @lotus

Co-gm: @Illwei

IM: TBD

Signups will end Sunday, August 1st at 9:00 am PST and the game will begin shortly after that. 

Rules: 

(Link to rules dock HERE)

Spoiler

General housekeeping:

Spoiler

-Combined day/night 48 hr cycle

-Two actions each turn; one role-based action and one card-play action. Elim kill takes up a card-play action slot.

-PMs are closed

-Ties will result in both players being x-ed

Order of actions:

-Role actions

-Card actions (in order listed)

-Elim kill

-gaining cards

Factions:

Spoiler

Voidbringer: Standard Elim role. Gets a night kill every cycle and doc to plot in.

Knight Radiant: Standard Village role

Roles:

Spoiler

Cheater: You don’t mind being a bit dishonest. Every turn you can choose to replace one of your cards with one of three cards randomly chosen from the deck. However, every time you perform this action you have a 10% chance of being caught. If you are caught twice you will be eliminated.

Honest: You are a horrible liar. When you are given this role you will be given a ‘tell’ and every time you make a direct lie (ie ‘I am a village’ ‘I played two of spears last turn’ when you are not a village and you didn’t play two of spears, you must do that tell. Due to your trustworthiness you know the roles of 2 other players. 

Lucky: Man, the dice tend to roll in your favor. You will always get at least 1 new card at the start of every turn.

Guard Captain (1): The other guards look up to you. You are immune from one Ex. Who has this role will be announced at the beginning of the game, and you may have another role in addition to this one.

Clever: Every round you can see what cards someone else holds. However, due to your cautiousness, you can only play a card every other turn.

Cards:

Spoiler

Each round you will receive 0-2 cards (unless you have the Lucy role, in which case it is 1-2). Round 1 you will start with 2 cards. One card can be played every turn. Cards played will not be revealed in the write-up.

One of Spears: You get a extra card next turn

Two of Spears: You can Card-bock any other player.

One of Guards: Protect yourself from night kill (Does not protect against Shardblade)

Two of Guards: Protect a different person from being night killed (Does not protect against Shardblade)

One of Pens: You may remove one vote from yourself. The vote will be randomly re-assigned to any player with at least 1 vote

Two of Pens: Your vote counts as two votes

One of Swords: You can learn one random card that another player has

Two of Swords: You learn all the cards that another player has.

Special cards (1/2 chance compared to other cards:

Shardblade: Can kill another player with this card

Soulcaster: You can use this card to turn any of your cards into any other card (except for Shardblade)

Player list:

Spoiler

1. @Matrim's Dice, Character TBD

2. @The Unknown Order

3. @Steeldancer

4. @Ashbringer Faleast
5. @StrikerEZ

6. @Elandera

7. @Araris Valerian

8. @Kasimir

9. @Archer

10. @DrakeMarshallHonest Jake

11. @Fabien Jack Oliver Travis
Bottom of the list!

@StrikerEZ

Spectators:

Spoiler

None :(

Quick links:

Questions? Just tag me! Please let me know if I forgot anything in this post!

Edited by Elandera

Hmmm…I am very tempted. I just gotta die by the end of C5. I can probably manage that. :P

I’ll be signing up as Valimar, a young Veden man who came to Urithiru to experience all it has to offer. And to play lots of cards.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmmm…I am very tempted. I just gotta die by the end of C5. I can probably manage that. :P

I’ll be signing up as Valimar, a young Veden man who came to Urithiru to experience all it has to offer. And to play lots of cards.

Eyyy happy to have you striker!

THE JACK OF SWORDS

"How would you like to die?"

Karnan paused. It was not a question he was used to being asked. He fanned the cards out and shrugged.

The other man placed a hand on the first card, and Karnan eyed him warily. Archer, not much of a swordsman. You could see that from his shoulders, the way he moved. You could train a man to know the sword, but you couldn't always make it sing in his grasp.

"Well?"

"How would you like to die?" Brightlord Terneas had asked, and then, Karnan had laughed and said, "In your service, Brightlord." A different life, then. He'd thought himself one of the Sons of Honor, working for the return of the Heralds. But Terneas had lied to him, had used him, had used his blade ruthlessly, and now...

He glanced at the man across the table. Heron, he'd called himself. Knife man, maybe. Many archers were. Figured if it came down to it, he'd flip the table, and then buy himself seconds to draw. Of course, it all went to Braize if Heron was a Shardbearer. Somehow, Karnan didn't think so. Life was like that: you worked with what was in your hand. You had to know when to hold your cards, and when to fold them, and to always, always play them close to hand.

"Old," Karnan said, casually.

The other man's smile didn't reach his eyes. "Friend, you're in the wrong profession."

He flipped over the card, and of course it was the Tower, struck by lightning, those plummeting from it. Fallen from grace. Karnan supposed it could be worse. He flipped over the next card, and then it was worse: the King of Scythes, grinning from the painted face of the card.

"All men die," Karnan said, quietly.

"Retirement suits you," Heron said. "Best stick with it, yeah?"

Karnan gestured expansively. "It's a quiet guardpost, in Urithiru of all places. I'd imagine the worst I'd have to fear are ulcers from all that sitting on my arse and losing all my spheres at cards.

"Don't say it."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

[OOC: Been a bad series of work weeks, I need something fun, this looks like it. Shuffling out of retirement for this one. Going to try to stick entirely to RP for this one. Cheers :P ]

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

Count me in as a player. I'll be Travis Rifleman, which will manifest as me talking in a Texan accent the whole time while trying to spy on all a y'all's cards 

Are texans like supposedly really good at cards or smthing?