It's ma Shardiversery!

Frustration

Well, I never made one of these, and as I like forums over staus updates for something like this I'm going to put it here.

Hi, I'm Frustration, and this is my second Shardiversery,

I first found Brandon Sanderson after my friend told me about Mistborn and Stormlight, I tried reading the Final Empire, but my first full Sanderson novel ended up being WoK. I found the Coppermind a little later because me and my friend who were both Cosmere aware, but increadibly uninformed, and were looking for answers.

I didn't find the Shard itself until I found Shardcast while trying to find SA related Youtube videos.

Two Years in review

Spoiler

The first five months or so was my first real foray into forums and I was really bad at it. I'm actually kind of ashamed of how akward I was. Double posts and almost meaningless topics dominated this time, and nothing really improtant came of it.                                                                                                                                                                                                             My second era of the Shard was what I shall dub the "social era" This was when I was introduced to the community section of the Shard by @I Am A Fish and started a long time of me going throught Forum games and Guilds. The most important part of this time by far was the people I met, who I will talk about later. I think this time had a large and lasting influence on me, and really helped me open up to the community as a whole. This is also where my meme's really became a thing, 

And as I'm known for them I'll put the best ones here

Spoiler

My favorite meme of mine is the second one here

My first 100 memes challenge

Second Hundred memes challange parts 1 and 2

The Modern Era is what I call the "Theorist era" this is really where I came into my own and made actual quality topics and posts, I had fully learned to use both the Coppermind and the Arcanum and use them alongside the books for maximum use of information

My best theories

Spoiler

Now for the thanks

@RShara was the first person I had any real interaction with on the shard, and we've crossed paths a few times since then, I have massive respect for her, and her sheer knowledge of WoB is what I aspire to have for myself one day.

Fish then HemalurgicStickBreaker intoduced me to the community at large.

During my second era here I met and greatly enjoyed the friendship of @Experience @Nameless @Mist @Vapor @Condensation @McWafy @Feruchemical Bowser @Ark1002 @The Awakened Salad @Channelknight Fadran @DancingQueen @Chinkoln @Danex @AonEne @Negative_Null and just so many more I can't even begin to list everyone but thank you ALLL!

@LewsTherinTelescope also deserves a shoutout, I hope to one day be as good at theories as you

I also have to thank the KotC, for dealing with my weird very new to RP self, I look back and cringe at my mistakes @Tesh @Blessing of Potency @phoenix2563 and everyone else thank you

I'd also like a moment of silence for Freurcemical Bowser who is no longer with us.

Current member statistics as of this post

Spoiler

Content Count: 5474

Rep Count 2,819

Edited by Frustration

Hi Frustration and err... welcome to the shard? :blink: :)

No seriously, it's really nice to read about you and your time here. I can only hope that in 2 years, I might be looking back this fondly and still be active here! Things like this post are actually what makes this community such a nice place to be. Everyone is still approachable, no matter how long they have already been here. In other boards there is often one hard core of users who don't really give any time and/or attention to us newbies. 

Anyway, happy Anniversary! :D

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

:0

Happy Shardiversary!

3 hours ago, Doomstick said:

Happy spike day, Frustie!

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

Happy Shardiversary! I have so many good memories thanks to you!

:wub::wub::wub: Aw thanks guys

3 hours ago, Marukka said:

Hi Frustration and err... welcome to the shard? :blink: :)

No seriously, it's really nice to read about you and your time here. I can only hope that in 2 years, I might be looking back this fondly and still be active here! Things like this post are actually what makes this community such a nice place to be. Everyone is still approachable, no matter how long they have already been here. In other boards there is often one hard core of users who don't really give any time and/or attention to us newbies. 

Anyway, happy Anniversary! :D

It is nice, all you need is one good topic, or joining the right RP and you can count yourself as popular. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:37 PM, Tesh said:

Sometimes I forget KotC was a thing. It is a little painful to remember sometimes...

*shudder*

HAPPY STORMING SHARDIVERSARY!!!

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

HAPPY SHARDIVERSARY!

I'm honoured you mentioned me... thank you so much too!!! Here's to many more happy years!

Thanks both of you:wub:

It's people like you that keep me here.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Oh wow, two years already! Happy Shardiversary! 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

And I'm honored that you'd mention me :P 

Why would I not mention you? It would be like not mentioning the ocean when describing Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, It's year three.

Man it feels like two years was only yesterday.

I really haven't done anything spectacular myself so I'll just skip to thanking everybody.

@Experience @Mist @Condensation @Vapor @DramaQueen @Chinkoln @dannnnnnex @Enter a username @AonEne @Knight of Iron @Tesh @Slowswift You guys are all the absolute best and I cannot express my gratitude enough.

New this year I have to say I've really enjoyed having @Robin Sedai @The Wandering Wizard @xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Szeth_Pancakes @Szeth's Facepalm @The Storming Stormfather @Mage @Flying @Landing Sequence on the shard you are all such wonderful people  and I look forward to spending more time with you.

Special thanks this year goes out to Nameless and Channelknight Fadran

@Nameless I know we've had a lot of arguments this year, but of everyone on the shard, there is no one I would rather have them with than you. Thank you man, it's been a honor to have someone like you here.

@Channelknight Fadran Lad I do not have the words to convey how much knowing you has helped me, and I hope I never forget you.

I've probably missed some of you, please forgive me, I am a dumb man sometimes and I meant nothing of it.

Current statistics

Spoiler

Rep: 4,766

Change from last year

Rep: +1947

A much better year than the past two.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Happy Shardiversary Frustration!

I also look forward to interacting with you more.

1 hour ago, Slowswift said:

Happy Shardiversary! I've enjoyed seeing you around the forums and conversing with you here and there. Here's to many more!

48 minutes ago, Mist said:

Happy Shardiversary! I'm honored to be mentioned ^_^

Here's to many more! 

You guys are just the best!