King Cole

What can you store with Bendalloy

Question

Posted (edited)

Can you store specific nutrients like specific vitamins? Can ya store specifically vitamin D in one metalmind and different vitamins in others. In that same vein could you store iron in a metalmind and potentially burn that later. 

Is it possible to store the electricity in your nervous system? I know it stores energy but im unsure what that all entails.

Edited by King Cole

3 answers to this question

You can store specific senses with Tin, even magical senses, so I would guess similar should be possible with Bendalloy. I'm not sure about using iron from our blood though. That might not be viable for Allomancy. They are compounds. Plus, using trace amounts of metal that has been consumed is different from using something that is a part of the body. One would get flushed out of the system, the other is a part of the system. So Vin using her "luck" in the first book should not be taken as indicative of this being possible, I think. There might be built-in safeties against using iron from your own body by Preservation.

27 minutes ago, Honorless said:

You can store specific senses with Tin, even magical senses, so I would guess similar should be possible with Bendalloy. I'm not sure about using iron from our blood though. That might not be viable for Allomancy. They are compounds. Plus, using trace amounts of metal that has been consumed is different from using something that is a part of the body. One would get flushed out of the system, the other is a part of the system. So Vin using her "luck" in the first book should not be taken as indicative of this being possible, I think. There might be built-in safeties against using iron from your own body by Preservation.

Not necessarily iron from your blood but rather iron that you eat as part of your daily diet and required nutrient intake

12 hours ago, King Cole said:

Not necessarily iron from your blood but rather iron that you eat as part of your daily diet and required nutrient intake

Those would probably be burnable