Are we allowed to discuss the Lost Metal prologue?

Necessary Eagle

On 27/7/2021 at 9:54 PM, Isilel said:

Hide contents

Not necessarily that old. Billy the Kid died at 21 and Jesse James became famous/notorious in his mid-twenties. As long as the press popularized such exploits, it didn't take long to become a celebrity. Jak could be only a few years older than Wax. 

BTW, if Wayne's dad was a Ferring, it is rather odd that he hadn't been able to find a better employment. Did he have a relatively useless metal? And what would have motivated not one, but two Terrismen to move into such a hellhole anyway? 

At least, Sanderson has a 11-year-old Wayne doing some work. It was so weird  in the otherwise grimdark first Mistborn series with all the slavery, rape and murder when suddenly Vin could pass as "too young for the mills" at 16, ditto Spook being "too young for the mines" at 14, when a casual look at certain 19th century literature and history shows that the "too young" age  for such work was about 7.

A very nice tidbit anyway. 

do we have some hard numbers on Wayne current age? I always assumed that Wax found him early on, and they are close in age. This would put current era Wayne as close to 40, making the prologue is set 30 years ago.

But the coppermind gives his age as closer to 30, so the prologue would be from 20 years ago, and the timeline would fit better.

Also,the stuff in the previous prologues was always related to the story. For AoL, of course. But for SoS, it was instrumental for revealing that bleeder was really lassie. And for BoM, Wax sister was introduced as a troublemaker, paving the way for her betrayal later.

I wonder, this prologue apparently adds nothing to what we know of the characters. Unless... could it mean that

Spoiler

allomancer jak will appear onscreen? i've always been curious to see what he's really like when he's not framed by his own unreliable narrative

7 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

Hide contents

allomancer jak will appear onscreen? i've always been curious to see what he's really like when he's not framed by his own unreliable narrative

Spoiler

I'd love to see Jak onscreen. If my aluminum hat theory that Jaks is a full feruchemist turns out to be true, I would be ecstatic.

Spoiler

One of the things that I noticed was that there were these fantastical creatures that was being talked about, but they are all plausible within the cosmere. Like, turning into a dragon? Talking to birds? All things that could happen in the cosmere. Admittedly, becoming the size of a mesa is a new one, but it’s still a semi interesting thing to note.