Can you transfer power from one metalmind to another?

DoctaDajman

I know I ask a ton of questions about feruchemy but this is one I am curious about now that we have seen metalminds that anyone can use (

Spoiler

Waynes new shiny gold bracelet

).   

Could someone with an unlocked or unkeyed metalmind wear it and tap its power while storing power into one of their own?  And would this create a transfer of stored attribute that any ferring of said type could have used into a more full metalmind that only you could use?  

Pushing that question even further... could a full feruchemist store identity and connection while holding someone else's keyed metalmind to access its power?  And if they could would it be possible for them to steal the stored attribute from that?  

Maybe it is too broken to imagine a feruchemist bad guy running around town touching other ferrings metalminds and stealing their attributes.  I would imagine if it is possible and given the ability of ferrings to tap their entire store in an instant that it would just be the feruchemy version of leeching.   Much more limited to only draining filled metalminds.  

4 hours ago, DoctaDajman said:

I know I ask a ton of questions about feruchemy but this is one I am curious about now that we have seen metalminds that anyone can use (

Hide contents

Waynes new shiny gold bracelet

).   

Could someone with an unlocked or unkeyed metalmind wear it and tap its power while storing power into one of their own?  And would this create a transfer of stored attribute that any ferring of said type could have used into a more full metalmind that only you could use?  

Pushing that question even further... could a full feruchemist store identity and connection while holding someone else's keyed metalmind to access its power?  And if they could would it be possible for them to steal the stored attribute from that?  

Maybe it is too broken to imagine a feruchemist bad guy running around town touching other ferrings metalminds and stealing their attributes.  I would imagine if it is possible and given the ability of ferrings to tap their entire store in an instant that it would just be the feruchemy version of leeching.   Much more limited to only draining filled metalminds.  

Yes.

I don't see why you would need it to be unkeyed

On 21/07/2021 at 0:47 AM, DoctaDajman said:

Most likely not

25 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I don't see why you would need it to be unkeyed

Most likely not

I guess what I meant was more along the lines of a ferring using a totally unkeyed metalmind.  They only have access to their metalminds and ones that are unkeyed as we see in BoM.  

In Wayne's case would he be able to store a massive amount of his own health into his own keyed metalmind while tapping enough health from the unkeyed one to keep himself alive as he fills his mind.  Basically the ability to take something that was made to be used by everyone and transferring it into a metalmind that is keyed for himself and no longer allowing that investiture to be available to any other gold ferrings who may have wanted to use it?   

On 7/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, DoctaDajman said:

I think you could do this. With compounders they burn the metalmind for the extra boost of power and IIRC can store the excess. I believe this would function the same way. As to your second question I don't know, but I would guess not. When you tap the metalmind you taint the unkeyed investiture with your own Identity, making it keyed.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, DoctaDajman said:

To disagree with @mathiau I think that this would be possible (and I believe it is said in book to be possible though I don't recall where). A feruchemist storing Identity (I don't think it's necessary to store Connection as well) is akin to both AB+ type blood (they can receive transfusions of any type) and O- type blood (they can give transfusions to any type) at the same time. (Anyone who knows more about blood please correct my biology.)

(I am realizing that I use a lot of parenthetical statements)

9 hours ago, Mage said:

To disagree with @mathiau I think that this would be possible (and I believe it is said in book to be possible though I don't recall where). A feruchemist storing Identity (I don't think it's necessary to store Connection as well) is akin to both AB+ type blood (they can receive transfusions of any type) and O- type blood (they can give transfusions to any type) at the same time. (Anyone who knows more about blood please correct my biology.)

(I am realizing that I use a lot of parenthetical statements)

Ok so, I just found that

Questioner

Can you steal someone else's infused Breath with a similar method to the Feruchemy loophole?

Brandon Sanderson

Potentially.

Skyward Denver signing (Nov. 15, 2018)

I'm not one hundred percent sure if the Feruchemy loophole they're talking about is the one discussed here but it's likely.

10 hours ago, Mage said:

While for the vast majority of cases O- can donate to anyone they can't always, what you are reffering to is what is called a "Golden Doner" whose blood cells contain no antagins but that's supper rare.