Does anyone have any idea when the sequel for "Sixth of the Dusk" will come out?

Elf

So. I just finished reading Arcanum Unbounded. I have to say, I did not expect it but "Sixth of the Dusk" ended up being my favourite story out of all of them. I know there is a sequel coming out, and I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea when it will come out. Thanks. And oh, what is the sequel's name, if anyone knows?

Edited by Elf_at_heart

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the near future. Brandon planned a sequel for it and wrote a single chapter, which lead to him noticing that a continuation of the story would contain major spoilers for future Cosmere works. So he still plans to write it some day, but wants to have other things out of the way first. It will take a while.

There is, however, a reading of the aforementioned first chapter of Sixth of the Dusk 2 at the Rhythm of War release event. Be aware though that there's some distant future Cosmere stuff going on in there - in case you don't want to know anything about that era yet. (Also, be aware that stuff about this reading has to be spoiler-tagged even on the Rhythm of War boards). It's also first draft, so there's some minor continuity errors with the original story.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:38 AM, Elegy said:

Not in the near future. Brandon planned a sequel for it and wrote a single chapter, which lead to him noticing that a continuation of the story would contain major spoilers for future Cosmere works. So he still plans to write it some day, but wants to have other things out of the way first. It will take a while.

There is, however, a reading of the aforementioned first chapter of Sixth of the Dusk 2 at the Rhythm of War release event. Be aware though that there's some distant future Cosmere stuff going on in there - in case you don't want to know anything about that era yet. (Also, be aware that stuff about this reading has to be spoiler-tagged even on the Rhythm of War boards). It's also first draft, so there's some minor continuity errors with the original story.

Oh, I'm so sorry for the late reply. I have been trying to sort of do a digital cleanse and haven't really checked my phone properly, so maybe that's why I didn't see this. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. That's sad that he has no plans for a sequel in the near future, but I bet when he does that its going to be awesome! :D

And I might just check out that reading. So, thanks!