Theory on storing investiture in gems (across magic systems) *all cosmere spoilers*

Impact

Ok the most recent WOB shardcast they talk about how investiture can be stored in gems, but only stormlight can be infused by leaving it in a storm, and void light cannot, and presumably mist light (Scadrial) or gift light (Naththis) cannot. 

I think that has to do with the fact that Honor’s perpendicularity is in some way tied to the storms and the Stormfather. 

In theory, maybe bringing gems to the Well of Ascension, the emerald pool above Elantris or Endowment’s perpendicularity will allow gems to be infused with their respective lights. 

it is possible that it here has to be an intention to infuse the gems as well, but this is at least how I can see a passive system working 

Has this one been added to the arcanum yet?

I can’t listen right now

Edit:  Part of my theory here is that Roshar was created by aldonasium to resonate with the “Pure tones” associated with the 3 shards there and that:

Roshar is an entire planet/system tuned to these 3 tones.  These resultant tones of Roshar affect the shards on the planet resonating with their investiture and making it more potent on the physical realm, but also enhancing their connection to the planetary system, making it so that they can't leave.  Trapped like a spren in a gemstone.

So by that reasoning, the planet itself was created with a capital I Intent to have tones have profound affects on the investiture present.  This goes in the other way too in that tuning to the planets Rhythms for the tones channels the investiture towards purposes like growing food.  

Presumably this is dawnsinging in one form or another.

Edited by Serack