Pratyaksh

Voices in szeth's head

10 posts in this topic

I have a theory that I don't know If it has been addressed.

There was a stone or something whose voice was heard by szeth in his youth. Could the stone have been one of the unmade?

Especially ba-ado?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Oathstone has been confirmed not to be magical. Lemme see if I can find it. Here:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/128/#e5726
 

Quote

wlmkfi (paraphrased)

If i was holding Szeth's Oathstone would he understand my commands?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Good question, I don't believe anyone has asked it before. No, an Oathstone doesn't have any magical properties whatsoever.

The question wasn’t the same but I think the answer is conclusive.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pratyaksh said:

There was a stone or something whose voice was heard by szeth in his youth. Could the stone have been one of the unmade?

If you’re referencing the scene I think, we’re never told the voice from his youth came from a stone. From OB 92:

Quote

“I knew a voice like yours once, sword-nimi.”

The whispers?

“No. A single one, in my mind, when I was young.” Szeth shaded his eyes, looking across the glistening lake. “I hope things go better this time.”

That said, it’s possible an Unmade could have been involved somehow.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be wrong but somewhere there is something in oathbringer or row about a talking rock

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

I think the Oathstone has been confirmed not to be magical. Lemme see if I can find it. Here:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/128/#e5726
 

The question wasn’t the same but I think the answer is conclusive.

I was not taking about oathstone I am talking about something else, maybe before szeth was truthless

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pratyaksh please don't post multiple time in a row without womeone else posting.

And If it's an unmade it's more likely to be Dai-Gonalthis or Chemorish than Ba-Ado-Mishram

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pratyaksh said:

I may be wrong but somewhere there is something in oathbringer or row about a talking rock

Yeah, in that same chapter as the quote I posted above, Nightblood kinda mockingly refers to Szeth’s oathstone as a magic rock:

Quote

“I was sworn to obey.”

By a magic rock.

He had explained his past to the sword several times now. For some reason, it had difficulty understanding—or remembering—certain things.

I don’t recall any reference to a talking rock though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mdross81 said:
Quote

“I knew a voice like yours once, sword-nimi.”

The whispers?

“No. A single one, in my mind, when I was young.” Szeth shaded his eyes, looking across the glistening lake. “I hope things go better this time.”

That said, it’s possible an Unmade could have been involved somehow.

I think he is talking about the first spren he was about to bond.
That which led to him being named truthless.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, spaidapig said:

I think he is talking about the first spren he was about to bond.
That which led to him being named truthless.

This is what I’ve always thought as well, though we don’t know for sure. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know for sure, but often the most simple options turns out to be the right one.

Which doesn't mean I would be surprised if it turned out to be an Unmade wispering to Szeth.
I'm still waiting for a possible Unmade Radiant. This could lead to awesome powers only matched by those of a Bondsmith.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.