Szeth and the 5th ideal

Pratyaksh

I have a feeling that szeth us going to be the first radiant to swear the 5th ideal..

Because the clues are there throughout the books.

While describing the 5 ideal the skybreakers described the 5th ideal as becoming truth, so it would be a good character moment. Szeth going from truthless to becoming truth.

8 minutes ago, mathiau said:

It's likely Hoid already has sworn his 4th Truth but he doesn't really count so you're probably right

Why would he do that? It would make worldhopping even harder. He'd have to also move his Plate's spren.

Just now, Oltux72 said:

Why would he do that? It would make worldhopping even harder. He'd have to also move his Plate's spren.

Once he figures how too bring truesprens off world he'll find how to bring lesser sprens in no time. It's probably the exact same method

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

Once he figures how too bring truesprens off world he'll find how to bring lesser sprens in no time. It's probably the exact same method

I think hood has already figured it out as he can leave other worlds with investure.

He is also very ancient so he has had time to research this.

So most probably good can leave roshar no matter how invested he is 

12 hours ago, Pratyaksh said:

I think hood has already figured it out as he can leave other worlds with investure.

He is also very ancient so he has had time to research this.

So most probably good can leave roshar no matter how invested he is 

The investiture that Hoid brings from other worlds isn't the kind that makes you get stuck. Mistborn can travel offworld no problem, and that's about the only magic system that he has that I know of.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

The investiture that Hoid brings from other worlds isn't the kind that makes you get stuck. Mistborn can travel offworld no problem, and that's about the only magic system that he has that I know of.

He also has at least 200 Breaths, Yolish lightweaving, Unsealed metalminds, that weird "I'll always be there when I'm needed" oath, Dawnsliver side effect and a Seon bond.

Except the Seon bond none should hinder him while moving offworld and for some reason the Seon bound don't hinder worldhoping as much as other spren bounds

Just now, mathiau said:

He also has at least 200 Breaths, Yolish lightweaving, Unsealed metalminds, that weird "I'll always be there when I'm needed" oath, Dawnsliver side effect and a Seon bond.

Except the Seon bond none should hinder him while moving offworld and for some reason the Seon bound don't hinder worldhoping as much as other spren bounds

I meant the only magic system that he possessed that was tied to a different world. Yolish lightweaving obviously isn't going to stop you from worldhopping, although I did forget about the breaths.

As for the seon bond, do we know for certain that he's bonded to it? We know that he has a seon box, but Shallan was able to use hers just fine without a bond to it. An unbonded seon could be a requirement for all we know.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I meant the only magic system that he possessed that was tied to a different world. Yolish lightweaving obviously isn't going to stop you from worldhopping, although I did forget about the breaths.

Endowment's investiture is stringless so it doesn't really matter anyway

As for the seon bond, do we know for certain that he's bonded to it? We know that he has a seon box, but Shallan was able to use hers just fine without a bond to it. An unbonded seon could be a requirement for all we know.

That... is actually a good question. I feel like unbounded Seons being harder to move would be contrary to Devotion's intent (love) and that they might even actually be easier to move while bounded (might)