Roshar Is A Gemstone

1 hour ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Eh... I think Brandon probably meant Vessel there, because he's talked about Splinters still being part of the Shard before. For example:

No, the WoB was about pieces of a Shard becoming separate and sentient, not about Vessels

Right, but you've got to keep in mind that-- um... So in Scadrial, Ruin and Preservation did the same thing. Their bodies are part of the world. They-- if their exist-- like, the things on the Spiritual Realm don't matter where they are in relation to each other and things like this. All those <piece> spren are still Honor, when he was alive. Does that make sense? Like, yes those are little Splinters of Honor, but they are still Honor. It's not like he's diminished, because his whole essence is the world, right? There is no diminishing that. And so that thing is we're talking about the fracturing of the mind and the killing of the Shard. That's the distinction between whole and not whole as I was making it for you there.

Calamity release party (Feb. 16, 2016)

These splinters don't seems to be sentient (heck the Dor isn't even sentient yet) so I guess the splinter he's talking about here are not the same type of splinter as sprens or seons are

26 minutes ago, mathiau said:

These splinters don't seems to be sentient (heck the Dor isn't even sentient yet) so I guess the splinter he's talking about here are not the same type of splinter as sprens or seons are

Brandon seems to consider it the same.

So once it has free will, and/or could develop free will (because some of the Splinters haven't gotten there yet), but is fully cut off from the direct control and self-identity of the Shard, then it is called a Splinter.

Just now, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Brandon seems to consider it the same.

Ok, I think I understand better now.

So, windsprens and honourspren should still be parts of Honour but for things like mistsprens it will be a bit weirder since they're both splinters of Honour and of Cultivation but not splinters of Science

14 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Ok, I think I understand better now.

So, windsprens and honourspren should still be parts of Honour but for things like mistsprens it will be a bit weirder since they're both splinters of Honour and of Cultivation but not splinters of Science

Based on this WoB, I'd guess they're all some of both Shards, including honorspren.

12 hours ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

(Her imprisonment also resulted in deadeyes forming when Ideals are broken where that never would happen prior, which is weird and I have no idea what the heck the cause of that would be.)

Brandon has alluded to it being similar to the Reod, and possibly the seon's there.

So their souls are trying to update but BAM is missing

12 hours ago, Frustration said:

Brandon has alluded to it being similar to the Reod, and possibly the seon's there.

So their souls are trying to update but BAM is missing

Constantly stuck on Windows updating screen? Sounds about right. :P