Ishar's words

Pratyaksh

I doubt it. I think that would refer to the destruction of Ashyn, as he and heralds were all there. This probably just means that he will only do something when Roshar is going to get destroyed. I doubt Brandon would bring in another big bad anyway, considering we have TOdium to worry about now

On 15/07/2021 at 8:31 AM, Pratyaksh said:

In row ishar said " I only prepare for the end of worlds " emphasis on worlds could there be a bigger threat to everyone, even bigger than odium?

Techincally, Ruin is still a threat to everything even though it's contained for now. Also, with how mad Ishar is he could think Harmony is currently Discord.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:41 PM, Phlipz1 said:

I doubt it. I think that would refer to the destruction of Ashyn, as he and heralds were all there. This probably just means that he will only do something when Roshar is going to get destroyed. I doubt Brandon would bring in another big bad anyway, considering we have TOdium to worry about now

Ashun is already destroyed it does not make sense to prepare for the end of worlds if a world was destroyed 7500 years ago

Edited by Pratyaksh

I just want to point out that the quote being discussed in this thread is inaccurate as written in the OP.

Here’s the actual line:

“Your lies cannot fool me. I am Tezim, first man, aspect of the Almighty. I alone prepare for the end of the worlds. I should not have ignored your previous messages to me; I see now what you are. What you must be. Only a servant of my enemy could have captured Urithiru, my holy seat.”

As written by the OP (and interpreted by some of the responders) it suggests that Ishar only bothers to prepare for world-ending events.

But what he’s actually saying is that he is the only person who prepares for the end of the worlds. It’s still “worlds” plural which I think was the OP’s main point, but just thought we should use the actual quote.

43 minutes ago, Phlipz1 said:

What I mean to say is that he may have prepared for ashyns destruction, and is only saying that he prepares for the end of world's, so should roshar get bad he will prepare. That's how I took it anyways

I think he’s bragging that he’s the only who who can prepare for the ends of worlds. But that could still be consistent with your point that he may have prepared for Ashyn’s destruction back in the day.

Indeed it seems likely that he was at the very least involved with escaping the planet. From the Syl Interlude:

A Bondsmith bound other Surges and brought humans to Roshar, fleeing their dying world.