Could the Sibling and Ba-ado-Mishram be one and the same?

- a Godspren

- light-producing

- stuck inside a gem

- missing a part of itself

- wary of Knights Radiant!

- both went dormant about the same time

Could "Mishram" have been a three-part spren, an equal divide between the three Shards - the three pure tones - of Roshar... perhaps even created to symbolize the unity of the three when the Ashynian Refugees were accepted? Perhaps even created as *part of the Oathpact*?

Edited by silver-the-thruhiker

I doubt it.

2 hours ago, silver-the-thruhiker said:

- a Godspren

Arguable, also ill-defined.

light-producing

No argument there.

- stuck inside a gem

From what we're told the Sibling manifested as metal and crystal, I don't think they're stuck and definitely not inside a gem, as that would presumably have made them unable to manifest in the physical.

- missing a part of itself

Eh? Being unable to hear Honor's tone doesn't seem to be a wound on the Sibling themself and might be related to Odium's tone becoming one of the Pure Tones of Roshar.

I also can't recall that that is something we know about Mishram.

- wary of Knights Radiant!

When is that said of Mishram?

The Sibling is wary of humans specufically, I believe.

- both went dormant about the same time

Seeing as the Sibling says "I lost the rhythm of my Light that day" when discussing the sealing of Mishram, I'd say there's a causal relationship there.

Could "Mishram" have been a three-part spren

Is that something we know to even be possible? What examples are there of multi-part spren?

an equal divide between the three Shards - the three pure tones - of Roshar...

Unlikely, as the Sibling calls Odium's tone a false one, which I personally interpret as being true historically, up until the False Desolation. Towerlight is also a known thing to Raboniel, who can't have interacted with it post sealing of Mishram before the True Desolation.

Also, why does Mishram supply Voidlight during the False Desolation, but we don't see the Sibling making Life- or Stormlight?

perhaps even created to symbolize the unity of the three when the Ashynian Refugees were accepted?

Highly unlikely, as it has been explained that the ashynites didn't actually worship Odium and Rayse has been highly unwilling to Invest and I doubt that a world gets a Pure Tone of a Shard that isn't pretty heavily invested there.

Perhaps even created as *part of the Oathpact*?

I'm not sure I'm willing to grant Ishar spontaneous spren creation powers.

Btw, amazing thread title. :D

¤_¤

12 hours ago, silver-the-thruhiker said:

Could the Sibling and Ba-ado-Mishram be one and the same?

Interesting thought, but in my opinion, the discrepancies between the Sibling and what we know about Ba-Ado-Mishram are too large for this theory to hold water.

First and foremost, BAM is an Unmade, and the Sibling is not (in RoW, they tell Navani that they will become an Unmade if Raboniel keeps pumping voidlight into them, which indicates they are currently not an Unmade).

Also, the Sibling is not trapped in a gem. They happen to have a body made of enormous tower studded with gems, which is different. One might argue that the Sibling being debilitated could have been somehow confused with being stuck in a gem, but if that were the case, the Sibling being fixed/healed at the end of RoW would presumably end the effects of BAM’s supposed imprisonment. Since we do not see anything like that happen, I think the Sibling’s injury and BAM’s imprisonment are not linked (though they could have been caused by the same events).

Side note: your topic title is extremely good :lol:

2 hours ago, RedBlue said:

I think the Sibling’s injury and BAM’s imprisonment are not linked (though they could have been caused by the same events).

Sibling actually directly attributes their wounding to Ba-Ado-Mishram's capture:

The Sibling fell silent for a time, and Navani wondered if she had pushed the spren too far. Fortunately they spoke again, softly. I have … been wounded. Thousands of years ago, something happened that changed the singers. It hurt me too.

Navani covered her shock. “You’re speaking of the binding of that Unmade, which made the singers lose their forms?”

Yes. That terrible act touched the souls of all who belong to Roshar. Spren too.

“How have no spren mentioned this?”

I don’t know. But I lost the rhythm of my Light that day. The tower stopped working. My father, Honor, should have been able to help me, but he was losing his mind. And he soon died …

6 hours ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Sibling actually directly attributes their wounding to Ba-Ado-Mishram's capture:

The point I was trying to make is that the Sibling’s injury and Ba-Ado-Mishram’s imprisonment are not currently dependent on each other. As in, fixing the Sibling does not free BAM, and freeing BAM does not fix the Sibling. 

4 hours ago, RedBlue said:

The point I was trying to make is that the Sibling’s injury and Ba-Ado-Mishram’s imprisonment are not currently dependent on each other. As in, fixing the Sibling does not free BAM, and freeing BAM does not fix the Sibling. 

Sibling can be fixed if Navani progressees with Oaths, they werent deadeye. And probably freeing BAM is not enough to heal other Deadeyes.

6 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Sibling can be fixed if Navani progressees with Oaths

Source on that? I can't remember anything implying that progressing the bond has any impact on things that happened outside the bond.

We also don't know if there is more to fix than the Sibling losing Honor's tone (besides the whole broken oaths make deadeyes problem, but that's not unique to the Sibling).

¤_¤