Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

Rieta walked, step by step. Step step step step step. Thinking was so very hard. Dullform made thinking so hard. Harder than she had thought. She hummed to Amusement softly. Thinking, harder than I thought. The rhythm soon trailed off. Hard to keep thinking things. Hard to hear the rhythms. Dullform made everything more difficult. Someone else started humming, then. She was humming to... Peace. Rieta joined right in, satisfied. Peace was a good song. Peace was also a reminder. It helped them to remember. To remember what they wanted. Why they'd chosen to leave.

—————

Hurrah for five word sentences! They are perfect for this.

3 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

The first two are easy for elims to cover for each other (not a good idea, but possible in a pinch). Workforms are required to vote, so their votes won't be disappearing. It's also fairly common for many players to vote every turn no matter what, so that'll be difficult to tell.

Which would limit the ability to clear nine people straight off, even if it does tie two elims together. I'm not a fan of asking everyone to go for one kind of gem on principle anyway. Votes disappearing as in there are 3 people voting for a player but only two votes registering because one of them is removed by Workform.

55 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

As for making you suspect things you don't need to suspect, should we not be suspecting the people who mysteriously tank the kill for no reason, making us waste an extra cycle of we want to kill them. Or do you not want to suspect the meditationform elims who can control the exe, or the workform elims who have every reason to jump on a bandwagon, then get extra protection because a vote is removed from them.

Extra-lived people often do claim if they're about to be exed. Meditiationform in elim hands is a concern, but chances are those gems will go to the village unless there's a plan to give up on them. Workform makes up for having a lot of gems by not being especially powerful, though it is dangerous in some circumstances.

I assume that Vulture Not Valerian has deduced that a poke vote without a threat of imminent death is toothless and has elected to stab their beak into it by forcing Weasel into the lead. Regardless of Heron's reasoning, they did tie Tuatara with Weasel. Whatever the specific tie mechanics of the game are, this should be noted.

I am generally in agreement with those who think there is something off about Tuatara's reasoning but I see nothing wrong with a tie at this point in the cycle. In the interests of presenting the intrepid with more options, I will move off Rhino and on to my old friend Swan.

It has come to my attention that I might have missed a person or two. I thought I got everyone, so if you didn't get a PM and your pretty sure you're supposed to be in this game, please send let me know ASAP so I can get you your account. Sorry for not being as thorough as I should have been. 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

It has come to my attention that I might have missed a person or two. I thought I got everyone, so if you didn't get a PM and your pretty sure you're supposed to be in this game, please send let me know ASAP so I can get you your account. Sorry for not being as thorough as I should have been. 

If that applies to you, it's probably best that you don't mention it upon arrival, as I suspect the new players will be automatically good guys. 

5 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

I assume 

Dangerous habit that :P

6 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

As for making you suspect things you don't need to suspect, should we not be suspecting the people who mysteriously tank the kill for no reason, making us waste an extra cycle of we want to kill them. Or do you not want to suspect the meditationform elims who can control the exe, or the workform elims who have every reason to jump on a bandwagon, then get extra protection because a vote is removed from them.

For reference, this is a Tuatara.

Having eyes in the back of your head is always a prudent strategy. 

If a baddie gets a warform, we will have to shoot them twice to kill them. It makes little sense to back off attacking someone simply because it will only do half the job. Except, importantly, if four of us choose warform today, the baddies will not have any extra lives, because the good guys get priority selection. So tanking a kill is actually village indicative and presents an opportunity for a redo. But if the evil team senses we will back off of people claiming warform, they will claim it every time they are in danger. 

14 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Village: Singer Rebels
Elims: One Fused, and Odiums Agents.

Due to the existence of the Fused, I will be assuming three agents and, of course, the Fused.

Everyone, other than the Fused, starts off as a dullform singer. Every cycle a highstorm will roll through during the night. During the day of that cycle, you may request a spren trapped in a gemstone from a limited number. During the high storm, you may then use an action to change forms to that type. Depending on what kind of spren you bond, you will gain a different kind of form, which will serve as your role.

Slightly different from the standard every three cycles you normally see on this site. Otherwise no comment.

The gemstones available from the start of the game will be provided in the writeup. In the event of gems being requested beyond their supply, RNG will be used to give it, with priority given to those not currently in a form, and to villagers. Not following restrictions will cause a return to dull form for not following the thought process of the spren.
When a gemstone is used, that spren cannot be recovered. Generic forms will start off with enough gems for half of everyone to be that role.

No comment.

The Servants of Odium will have additional gems at their disposal, containing Voidspren with different abilities.
The different roles have different thoughts and Rhythms assigned to them. As such, being in a role will provide one ability, and one drawback. 

No real comment here either, except to note the Voidspren.

Dullform. The form the singers start off in. Dullform has no benefits or drawbacks.

No comment.

Mateform. A generic form. When using mateform, you will be assigned a random, but permanent PM with another person with Mateform.  You cannot vote for the person who you are in a PM with. After becoming a mate with someone, you keep the PM permanently, as "once mates."

This will likely be the best role for the village, and the second best for elims.

Warform. Can tank a kill (including lynch) one time in the game. Cannot be recovered by gaining warform again. Must vote every day turn.

This is my other reason for guessing four elims. Anyone who grabs this gemstone without announcing it is sus in my eyes.

Artform. Can make a picture, or text to be added to the write up anonymously. Has to provide one RP post of 100 words minimum every cycle. 

This is much better for villagers and conniving elims, but I would ere on the side of villagers.

Scholarform: can research a form in order to make an additional gemstone of that type, which can be given away. Each form can only be researched once per game. Must provide at least one post above 150 words per day turn.
I myself will be getting this form as I am in the boat of not letting the elims have it. It will also be useful for the village as time passes. I intend to get a mateform and artform gem while in this form.

Nimbleform: a generic form. You may take an additional action once per cycle. When in nimbleform, you may only have 1 gemstone at a time.

A very harsh restriction, I wouldn't advise getting this role, as you can only take an additional gemstone grab (which is impossible because you would only get one gemstone), an additional PM, or one of each. The former is impossible, the latter two are not particularly useful. 

Workform: is a generic form. Passively removes one vote on yourself. In workform, you cannot be the only one to vote on whoever you vote on (you can, but you'll lose your form and return to dullform)

This form seems very elimmy to me. Only jumping on trains and one less vote on you?

Mediationform: Your vote counts as 2. You must provide a reason and accusation in tandem with their votes. (For example, I accuse Steel of being the eliminator, because he hates cats!)  
Also slightly elimmy, in fact, I suspect this will be used more by the elims than workform due to their respective limitations. 

Regal roles
Putting on a regal form makes you a Servant of Odium.
All servants of Odium will have a document to conspire in, where information about the Voidspren available will be provided.
Any servant of Odium may submit an action to kill a person during the night.

Stormform: use an action once per cycle to cancel a person’s action. Must vote every day turn.

Smokeform: use an action once per cycle to follow a person and see what action they take. Cannot make any PMs. 

Decayform: use an action each night turn to destroy a gemstone that someone has. (This action will take place after forms are acquired). Must take an action every night turn.

Mavset-Im: The Fused, and the leader of the expedition to destroy the singer rebels. With the surge of illumination, they are indifferentiable from another singer. Once per game, they may alter the eliminator kill to leave their current body, and replace any singer in the game with themselves. This kill is unblockable. When this occurs, their original body will die. However, after dying and being reborn, the Fused will become insane and will no longer be able to communicate in PMs. (as in, can be in them, but can’t say anything in them)

I will not be commenting on these as it could help the elims more than the village. 

Generic actions (1 given action each turn)
Take spren gemstone (day)
Make a PM (lasts one cycle, can have up to 4 people in it)
Use spren gemstone (night)
Give away a gemstone

Lynch mechanics:
Vote during the day turn, you also have the option of voting for a “No Vote”. Person with the highest vote count will be killed. No one dies if it’s a tied vote. 

A interesting mechanic, one we might want to take use of later on.

OoA day: lynch, take gemstone, give away gemstone, make a PM, loss of forms
OoA night: Elim kill, stormform, smokeform, make a PM, Use gemstone, Decay, give away gemstone, loss of forms

No comment. 

I absolutely love the use of c/ping the rules with some fluff to get in that 150 words :P I'll have to disagree with you on that Meditationform comment though, Workform is slightly more suited for elim use imo because it gives them an excuse to jump on trains - only a villager would actually care to place a vote where no other votes are whereas to an elim it shouldnt really make a difference where their vote goes as long as it's on a villager. Also disagree on the warform thing - why announce any intentions at all? I don't see why we should. 

13 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I... can see both sides. On one hand, not announcing you couldn't be lynched... sighhhhh it feels kinda not great. On the other hand, announcing it does give the elims a good idea who not to kill.

So I don't see what Cream said right now as a particularly not great thing, although maybe if there are suspicious things later...

This may sound dumb but I don't like the number of ellipses used in this post

6 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Announcing that you are getting a warform may help the elims, but it also tells us what we're getting into when attempting to exe someone.

Not gonna lie but if people started announcing going for a warform in thread I would probably join them if only to confuse the elims. Also, we shouldnt just not exe a player because they claim to have warform - if I were an elim on the brink of getting exe'd I would probably at least try to climb my way out of the exe by false-claiming warform. 

7 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

As for making you suspect things you don't need to suspect, should we not be suspecting the people who mysteriously tank the kill for no reason, making us waste an extra cycle of we want to kill them.

I know you're referring to the exe here but reading this made me realise that if any elims get their hands on warform they're probably going to use it to execute a beautiful WGG, so let us be extra careful not to clear any NK survivors. 

16 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

baddie

This is the second time you've used the term baddie - I'm starting to suspect who it is behind that Vulture mask :P 

Cream Tuatara

As much as I disagree with Tuatara's thoughts, I have a hard time believing them to come from an elim for various reasons. Upon rereading their post a few times I think them village.

As such, I will vote Magenta Albatross for leaping onto their train without a second thought. Heron also would qualify for being voted for this, but Albatross truly put the train into motion.

10 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

As such, I will vote Magenta Albatross for leaping onto their train without a second thought. Heron also would qualify for being voted for this, but Albatross truly put the train into motion.

Well yes, and I did so with the intention of breaking the tie

Tuatara (3): Falcon, Heron, Albatross
Weasel (2): Scorpion, Vulture
Swan (1): Lion
Albatross (1): Rhino

The Weasel exe is pretty baseless since they've yet to post or even log into the Shard

Cream is suspicious, and I wouldn't call two votes a 'train' so :P 

I think it's important to state your thoughts on D1 and pick a side instead of letting a tie just sit there - this gives us more info to analyse later on.

28 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I think it's important to state your thoughts on D1 and pick a side instead of letting a tie just sit there - this gives us more info to analyse later on.

I don't disagree, and that's not why I voted you. In fact, that's exactly what I did. We just happened to pick opposite sides, my vote fueled by how you used yours.

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

If that applies to you, it's probably best that you don't mention it upon arrival, as I suspect the new players will be automatically good guys

They aren't new players, they're players who I signed up, distributed accounts to, then forgot to send a PM to with said account. So, no spoilers here. 

23 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I don't disagree, and that's not why I voted you. In fact, that's exactly what I did. We just happened to pick opposite sides, my vote fueled by how you used yours.

Fair, Rhino Boi

21 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

The weasel exe is baseless, eh?

Weasel

? This seems like an elim playing too wolfy to be wolf 

Why would you vote Weasel over Cream or myself?

16 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I... can see both sides. On one hand, not announcing you couldn't be lynched... sighhhhh it feels kinda not great. On the other hand, announcing it does give the elims a good idea who not to kill.

So I don't see what Cream said right now as a particularly not great thing, although maybe if there are suspicious things later...

I'm getting a fairly weird vibe from all 3 of your posts, Penguin. You seem pretty indecisive in all of them, which could read as an Elim trying to not stand out in any specific way, or just a villager not wanting to commit to any path just yet. But my gut is leaning towards you being an Elim, so I'll be tossing my vote on you for now. 

Out of the other vote candidates, I see no good reason for lynching Weasel as of yet, and I don't have solid read on Swan or Albatross as of yet. Later today I should have time to dig through their posts and see what's up.

Cream Tuatara is also reading fairly suspicious to me, mainly due to the request that Warform reveal their role to everyone, as that feels far more like a mafia than a town. 

For now I'll keep the vote on Penguin, mainly to hopefully inspire discussion/keep us from tunneling on any one person. 

4 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

As much as I disagree with Tuatara's thoughts, I have a hard time believing them to come from an elim for various reasons. Upon rereading their post a few times I think them village.

I'm getting really weird vibes from this post

Plum Rhinoceros

5 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Well yes, and I did so with the intention of breaking the tie

I think the bad guys are more likely to be watching the vote count than the good guys right now. I'd prefer people vote based on their individual feelings than attempts at consolidation. Wagons are small and votes are fluid right now. 

What in the storms?  Why did my RNG vote start a train on Indigo, who hasn't even logged in yet?  It was a freakin' poke vote, for crying out loud! Indigo Weasel has about a 25% chance of being an Elim, most likely (just by usual distribution), but I think there's better odds of Coral Swan or Amber Vulture being one now. I can only vote on one, and I think the second to pile on without explanation is even more suspicious than the first (which was possibly just a joke, but one that could be hiding other reasons).

Edit (to avoid double-posting):

17 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

You're framing it as a mistake of having not thought through the ramifications of their advice. I view it as potentially coming from an evil mindset. The baddies often avoid blatantly pushing bad strategies, but they can be caught being out of touch with how ordinary players would view the situation. 

That's possible.  I just have had bad results when I've tried to analyze analysis posts in previous games. If that works for you, by all means go ahead.  I just don't trust myself to do it.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

24 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I just have had bad results when I've tried to analyze analysis posts in previous games. If that works for you, by all means go ahead.  I just don't trust myself to do it.

We both know that's unverifiable. Well played! I also can't check whether strong reactions to votes is normal coming from you. 

35 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

but I think there's better odds of Coral Swan

The odds are the same, going by pure probability. But I don't think Swan deserves to be killed for their vote. In my opinion, if the elims are looking for a train to pile up on, they are more likely to pick Tuatara's over Swan's if both are village. I find it mildly interesting you vote Swan for piling on Weasel when you have no indication on Weasel's alignment. I did the same for Albatross and Tuatara, but I think Tuatara is village. You have no idea if Weasel is village. If they're elim, Swan likely isn't.

Learning both of Tuatara and Swan's (or whoever the competing train ends up being) alignments could potentially be very useful later on when considering how the D1 votes went. If one is elim, the other's train likely has elims as well. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

I don't think I realised how interesting my boi Rhino's question to Steel was until I thought through the implications.

Mavset-im cannot have a form. If Mavset-im bodysnatches, that account loses its form. Steel has already said this. The corollary is that if you provably have a vil form, you may not be provably vil as but you are certainly provably not Mavset-im. I'm not saying go wild with the role claims, especially not right out the gate. I feel obligated to shake my fists like an old curmudgeon and mutter about opsec. But it is an option to keep in mind going forwards. 

Incidentally, has anyone heard of the legend of warrant canaries? It's not a tale Mavset-im would tell you. 

2 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

I don't think I realised how interesting my boi Rhino's question to Steel was until I thought through the implications.

Mavset-im cannot have a form. If Mavset-im bodysnatches, that account loses its form. Steel has already said this. The corollary is that if you provably have a vil form, you may not be provably vil as but you are certainly provably not Mavset-im. I'm not saying go wild with the role claims, especially not right out the gate. I feel obligated to shake my fists like an old curmudgeon and mutter about opsec. But it is an option to keep in mind going forwards. 

Incidentally, has anyone heard of the legend of warrant canaries? It's not a tale Mavset-im would tell you. 

This could potentially work, but another less-damaging way would be to simply wait until someone can no longer speak in PMs. The food for thought here is excellent, however.

My village reads as they currently stand are Vulture, Tuatara, and perhaps Lion and Hyena. 

Just now, Plum Rhinoceros said:

This could potentially work, but another less-damaging way would be to simply wait until someone can no longer speak in PMs. The food for thought here is excellent, however.

My village reads as they currently stand are Vulture, Tuatara, and perhaps Lion and Hyena. 

Requires opening PMs. Remember it takes an action and lasts only a cycle, which is the counterbalance, though it could certainly be another avenue. Action economy is real. I'm not a fan of roleclaiming wantonly but cards on the table—I especially think anyone going artform should consider this angle.