Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

The elim team is probably 5 people - 19/4 = 4.75, and a 4-person team would probably lead to a ridiculously easy village game.

My thoughts are the same - five seems like a reasonable number if we must guess. But I wont read too much into distribution.  

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

We don't want the elims getting their hands on Workform or Mediationform. Those could be dangerous

The great thing about those two is that they can only be targeted towards the use themself, so it'll be completely transparent once used - we can safely demand explanations and stuff. I thank the GM for not including any wretched redirect roles they make me vomit

1 minute ago, Opal Lion said:

Mate, do ye know what a pain it was to get that RP out? I'd rather cut me good arm off and type with me leftie than have to deal with bloody Artform. Thank the gods no one can force another player into a form in this game..

Can't say I'm a fan of RPing myself. :P Apart from sucking at it, I just like to plainly state my thoughts OOC.

But Contractually Obligated, huh? :P 

I'm liking Vulture's thoughts for the moment. I believe their interaction with Penguin was caused by a misunderstanding and nothing more; when I read through Penguin's post nothing struck me as off except the way they worded a few phrases. That in itself is NAI. My comment about Dingo, however, I do not think stemmed from a misunderstanding and I would still like an explanation for that.

I similarly agree with Vulture about going for the gemstones the elims prioritize first. These in my opinion include Scholarform and Warform at the top, the latter edging out the first, and perhaps Workform/Meditationform and Nimbleform, depending on a variety of things. Ideally we have three villagers going for Warform, but there's no reliable way to coordinate that and by claiming you've taken Warform you've also made it useless, so do us all a favor if you do and don't say a word. The same goes for all the forms. I don't think we should try to coordinate anything about taking gemstones because it'd be too difficult to do that and keep the elims in the dark about who has what.

The fact that Hyena prioritized Mateform so high is interesting to me.

@Steeldancer, do forms stack? Or when you take a new one does it get rid of the old one?

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

3 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

But Contractually Obligated, huh? :P 

I -

Lissen I got a wee bit drunk, ye know how it is, and all of a sudden imma in a bet with a mate 'bout doin some of that RP stuff each turn or I gotta shave my head and eyebrows and I gotta tell ye, this blessed mane of glory ain't goin nowhere.

Chashen, daughter of Nemu and Varnis, mother of the great general Karna, wore dullform as she fled all she had ever known and had worked for. It was scary, though she found it difficult to think much about that. She was worried about being found, about what would happen to Karna, but most of all she was worried about surviving. As they were walking, she began to talk aloud, to see what others thought they should do.

"I think we need to take warform as soon as we can," she said. "We will need protection for the coming times. We will also want some to take scholarform, to get us more gems we can use. It will be easy to run out." She paused for a moment, blushing. "We might also want some people to take mateform. If we are going to really make our own new nation and people, we will need to start growing our population. Plus, the bond between oncemates is very strong, and may help us stay together in these trying times." Chashen grimaced. She had taken mateform a few times, mostly because of an obligation to have children, and had found each experience distasteful at best.

"Mediationform will also be useful to help solve any...problems that might arise during our journey. But we should be careful who we let take that form. Just because they will be very persuasive once in that form doesn't mean we can trust them." Chashen paused. "Also, we must consider the possibility that, if there is a mavset-im amongst us, they could simply kill one of us and disguise themselves as one of us. Always be careful with who you trust." Chashen thought for a minute. "Though, if there truly is one of the Fused here amongst us, then perhaps there are not as many agents of Odium amongst as as we might instinctively assume. Perhaps only 3 of them, making 4 total with the Fused."

3 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

"Also, we must consider the possibility that, if there is a mavset-im amongst us, they could simply kill one of us and disguise themselves as one of us. Always be careful with who you trust." Chashen thought for a minute. "Though, if there truly is one of the Fused here amongst us, then perhaps there are not as many agents of Odium amongst as as we might instinctively assume. Perhaps only 3 of them, making 4 total with the Fused."

I think when Mavset-Im uses their kill, their original bodies' death will be announced and we'll know. So until then we shouldn't be any more paranoid than normal.

I also don't think the role would make the team smaller, seeing as that's the only ability they have and it doesn't change the ratio all that much.

54 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

1. Scholarform: Are the additional gemstones absolutely required to be given away or can the user save it for later cycles to change to a form themself?

2. Decayform: will the user be targeting the type of gemstone or just a player without knowing what type of gemstone they may have?

3. Mavset-Im: will the use of this form be announced in the writeup?

4. Elim kill: the rules say any elim can submit the kill, but does the kill count as an action?

5. Scholarform again: can a player use this to research a regal form and in turn, create a brand new elim?

6. PMs last a cycle - does that entail that if I am to start a PM on a night turn, it'll end when the night turn ends? Or will it last till the end of the day turn, making it a full cycle?

I wish I'd read Rhythm of War - the flavour went right over my head

The additional gemstones can be given away, but can also be kept for later. If they die their gemstones return to the village store. 
Decayform simply targets a player, and destroys a random spare gemstone they have. They don't need to know what they have. 
When Mavset-im kills, it will be indistinguashable from another kill. It will appear that a villager died, because it was a villager that actually died. Be afraid :P
The kill does count as an action. 
Albatross, you're asking the right questions. PAFO :P
PMs last a cycle from where they were started. So if it was started N1, it'll end at the beginning of N2. 
Also, the flavor timewise takes place long before the events of the Stormlight archive, during the Desolations. Thus, no spoilers for current books. 

Forms cannot stack, you may only have one form at a time. If you put on a new form, you will automatically lose the form. For the record, you won't be able to keep Warform's extra life if you drop the form. 

3 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Artform: Aka RP form. Mostly for asthetic, but if you like RP go right ahead.

The ability to provide anonymous messages to the writeup is useful, but everyone else would need to RP even without Artform or the messages wouldn't be anonymous.

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

Also, our side gets priority selection, so why don't we all just pick the same gem and whoever is successful is probably good. 

My instinct with the gems is to prioritize requesting the ones the baddies are most likely to covet first, like Warform, to keep them out of their hands and to give our side the most power ups possible. That's the best strategy, right? 

We would need to prove who got those gems. Nimbleform could be proven by having those players send out two PMs in a single turn, Mateform by seeing which PMs open, and Workform by observing whether votes disappear. In theory, if everyone went for one gem today, then everyone who got one would be a confirmed villager, but PMs could be faked by elims covering for each other and vote cancelling can be counteracted by elim Meditationform. And of course this would mean the elims get their pick of gems.

1 hour ago, Magenta Albatross said:

5. Scholarform again: can a player use this to research a regal form and in turn, create a brand new elim?

Scholarform doesn't have to give away their gemstones, but they also can't use any of them without giving up Scholarform. Even if someone was given a regal gemstone, they wouldn't become an elim unless they chose to use it, which for a villager would be betraying their teammates.

12 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

When Mavset-im kills, it will be indistinguashable from another kill. It will appear that a villager died, because it was a villager that actually died. Be afraid

Does that mean that the writeup will not specify which form the dead players had? Or that the form of the player who got replaced would be revealed?

Are Scholarform informed of which forms are still available to research, or just learn whether a form is still available depending on whether the research action fails?

Kethri attuned to the rhythm of ... to the rhythm of ... Peace, yes that was it. Peace for keeping time and marching. Rhythms were harder to remember, but couldn't be forgotten entirely. One could sooner strip out their souls. "I march, we march, left, right, left, right. We flee Odium, we seek freedom." It was important to keep these things in mind. Already, freedom was far away and unimportant, and Odium only a distant memory. "I march, we march, left, right, left, right. We flee Odium, we seek freedom." Nobody else was joining in. What rhythm was suited for that feeling, of being alone? Kethri kept humming Peace. They couldn't think it, so the only option was to sink deeper into dullform and keep marching on.

9 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Does that mean that the writeup will not specify which form the dead players had? Or that the form of the player who got replaced would be revealed?

Are Scholarform informed of which forms are still available to research, or just learn whether a form is still available depending on whether the research action fails?

It will specify what form they had at the time of death. In the case of the Mavset-im kill, the body reported dropping will be of the form and alignment of the player that actually died. It's more like they switch bodies and then the old one dies, more than straight up replacement. This makes sure the kill actually does what I want it to do. 
Scholarform is informed of what forms are available to research if they request. Incidentally, if 2 scholarforms somehow research the same form on the same turn, one will fail and the other will succeed, since only one of each gem type can be researched each game. 

Wait, I really don't think I understand Mavset-im then. It was my understanding that- okay, say Elephant is Mavset and Axolotl is a villager with Scholarform. Elephant targets Axolotl with their kill. The writeup then will say "Elephant died, they were Mavset!" and we'd know that now someone was abducted and is the actual Mavset- that being Axolotl, who Elephant now has control of.

What happens in that situation, then? Would the writeup say "Elephant died, they were a villager with Scholarform", taking Axolotl's role and applying it to Elephant, even though the person who started with Elephant's account now has Axolotl's? Or something else?

If you can I'd appreciate if you made up some scenario like this to better illustrate this because I honestly have no idea.

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

5 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Wait, I really don't think I understand Mavset-im then. It was my understanding that- okay, say Elephant is Mavset and Axolotl is a villager with Scholarform. Elephant targets Axolotl with their kill. The writeup then will say "Elephant died, they were Mavset!" and we'd know that now someone was abducted and is the actual Mavset- that being Axolotl, who Elephant now has control of.

What happens in that situation, then? Would the writeup say "Elephant died, they were a villager with Scholarform", taking Axolotl's role and applying it to Elephant, even though the person who started with Elephant's account now has Axolotl's? Or something else?

If you can I'd appreciate if you made up some scenario like this to better illustrate this because I honestly have no idea.

Ok. 

So You're mavset I'm, and you decide to target ivory dragonfly or somebody. Ivory dragonfly is a nimble form. 

You would replace them in their account. They would lose their form, and go to the dead doc. In the writeup, it would be reported that Plum Rhino, a nimble form rebel died. Make sense? 

2 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I'm liking Vulture's thoughts for the moment. I believe their interaction with Penguin was caused by a misunderstanding and nothing more; when I read through Penguin's post nothing struck me as off except the way they worded a few phrases. 

Stop minimizing my stab vote

51 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

You would replace them in their account. 

Well designed, GM. I like this. 

@Steeldancer, One question I don't think's been asked yet - for Mateform, the PM lasts after the Mateform is lost. Does the downside of not being able to vote on that PM partner continue as well, or is that lost from Mateform?

Also, what happens when other form downsides are violated? Ie a Warform doesn't vote, or a Mateform votes on their partner? And does the Workform downside count at the end of the day, or when the solo vote is cast?

Trying to post at least 100 words of RP each turn / 150 words of RP or Analysis each turn to cover for Artform and Scholarform is probably a good idea. Plus it helps the game continue a bit. There's no (village) scanning roles to communicate with, which limits the Artform's use a bit, but anonymous posts are something that can have a lot of uses.

Scholarform being a universal one-Gem-type-per-game limits their use a bit, so I'd be cautious on how you distribute them. Trying to grab the Scholarform gems early is still a very good idea, though. 

Nimbleform is strange in that it's limitation severely limits what can be done with the action. But it lets someone open a 3rd PM each turn, or continue to create PMs while changing forms or passing around gemstones. Unfortunately, the main use I can see of it is to allow Elim kills to be submitted while still using an action to, say, create a PM.

Is there any reason to take Workform over Meditationform? There's no Soothing-type vote manip, so it'll be obvious what form they have... I suppose Meditationform can't really be turned off or hidden either. But Meditationform seems to be much more useful.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

The additional gemstones can be given away, but can also be kept for later. If they die their gemstones return to the village store. 

Does the same apply to regular unused gems when the possessing player dies? They get returned to the store? 

When Mavset-im kills, it will be indistinguashable from another kill. It will appear that a villager died, because it was a villager that actually died. Be afraid :P

Oh man...Best for everyone to keep their gemstone requests under wraps as much as they can, so as to not give Mavset-im any ideas of who to eventually target.

Albatross, you're asking the right questions. PAFO :P

Okay, we should definitely make sure no elims get their hands on that stuff :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

One question I don't think's been asked yet - for Mateform, the PM lasts after the Mateform is lost. Does the downside of not being able to vote on that PM partner continue as well, or is that lost from Mateform?

Also, what happens when other form downsides are violated? Ie a Warform doesn't vote, or a Mateform votes on their partner? And does the Workform downside count at the end of the day, or when the solo vote is cast?

When you are not in a form, that form's condition does not apply to you. So, once you're not in mateform anymore, you no longer will be unable to vote for your PM partner. 
When a condition is not fulfilled, you lose the form. According to the OoA that is in the rules, that loss of form is the last thing that happens, so any actions you take will happen before that. But then you will return to dullform. 

28 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Does the same apply to regular unused gems when the possessing player dies? They get returned to the store?

Yes, I think I clarified that at some point. Items don't get snatched, they just return to where they came from. Elim gems will go to the elim stash, and village gems will go to the village stash. 

Village: Singer Rebels
Elims: One Fused, and Odiums Agents.

Due to the existence of the Fused, I will be assuming three agents and, of course, the Fused.

Everyone, other than the Fused, starts off as a dullform singer. Every cycle a highstorm will roll through during the night. During the day of that cycle, you may request a spren trapped in a gemstone from a limited number. During the high storm, you may then use an action to change forms to that type. Depending on what kind of spren you bond, you will gain a different kind of form, which will serve as your role.

Slightly different from the standard every three cycles you normally see on this site. Otherwise no comment.

The gemstones available from the start of the game will be provided in the writeup. In the event of gems being requested beyond their supply, RNG will be used to give it, with priority given to those not currently in a form, and to villagers. Not following restrictions will cause a return to dull form for not following the thought process of the spren.
When a gemstone is used, that spren cannot be recovered. Generic forms will start off with enough gems for half of everyone to be that role.

No comment.

The Servants of Odium will have additional gems at their disposal, containing Voidspren with different abilities.
The different roles have different thoughts and Rhythms assigned to them. As such, being in a role will provide one ability, and one drawback. 

No real comment here either, except to note the Voidspren.

Dullform. The form the singers start off in. Dullform has no benefits or drawbacks.

No comment.

Mateform. A generic form. When using mateform, you will be assigned a random, but permanent PM with another person with Mateform.  You cannot vote for the person who you are in a PM with. After becoming a mate with someone, you keep the PM permanently, as "once mates."

This will likely be the best role for the village, and the second best for elims.

Warform. Can tank a kill (including lynch) one time in the game. Cannot be recovered by gaining warform again. Must vote every day turn.

This is my other reason for guessing four elims. Anyone who grabs this gemstone without announcing it is sus in my eyes.

Artform. Can make a picture, or text to be added to the write up anonymously. Has to provide one RP post of 100 words minimum every cycle. 

This is much better for villagers and conniving elims, but I would ere on the side of villagers.

Scholarform: can research a form in order to make an additional gemstone of that type, which can be given away. Each form can only be researched once per game. Must provide at least one post above 150 words per day turn.
I myself will be getting this form as I am in the boat of not letting the elims have it. It will also be useful for the village as time passes. I intend to get a mateform and artform gem while in this form.

Nimbleform: a generic form. You may take an additional action once per cycle. When in nimbleform, you may only have 1 gemstone at a time.

A very harsh restriction, I wouldn't advise getting this role, as you can only take an additional gemstone grab (which is impossible because you would only get one gemstone), an additional PM, or one of each. The former is impossible, the latter two are not particularly useful. 

Workform: is a generic form. Passively removes one vote on yourself. In workform, you cannot be the only one to vote on whoever you vote on (you can, but you'll lose your form and return to dullform)

This form seems very elimmy to me. Only jumping on trains and one less vote on you?

Mediationform: Your vote counts as 2. You must provide a reason and accusation in tandem with their votes. (For example, I accuse Steel of being the eliminator, because he hates cats!)  
Also slightly elimmy, in fact, I suspect this will be used more by the elims than workform due to their respective limitations. 

Regal roles
Putting on a regal form makes you a Servant of Odium.
All servants of Odium will have a document to conspire in, where information about the Voidspren available will be provided.
Any servant of Odium may submit an action to kill a person during the night.

Stormform: use an action once per cycle to cancel a person’s action. Must vote every day turn.

Smokeform: use an action once per cycle to follow a person and see what action they take. Cannot make any PMs. 

Decayform: use an action each night turn to destroy a gemstone that someone has. (This action will take place after forms are acquired). Must take an action every night turn.

Mavset-Im: The Fused, and the leader of the expedition to destroy the singer rebels. With the surge of illumination, they are indifferentiable from another singer. Once per game, they may alter the eliminator kill to leave their current body, and replace any singer in the game with themselves. This kill is unblockable. When this occurs, their original body will die. However, after dying and being reborn, the Fused will become insane and will no longer be able to communicate in PMs. (as in, can be in them, but can’t say anything in them)

I will not be commenting on these as it could help the elims more than the village. 

Generic actions (1 given action each turn)
Take spren gemstone (day)
Make a PM (lasts one cycle, can have up to 4 people in it)
Use spren gemstone (night)
Give away a gemstone

Lynch mechanics:
Vote during the day turn, you also have the option of voting for a “No Vote”. Person with the highest vote count will be killed. No one dies if it’s a tied vote. 

A interesting mechanic, one we might want to take use of later on.

OoA day: lynch, take gemstone, give away gemstone, make a PM, loss of forms
OoA night: Elim kill, stormform, smokeform, make a PM, Use gemstone, Decay, give away gemstone, loss of forms

No comment. 

19 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Warform. Can tank a kill (including lynch) one time in the game. Cannot be recovered by gaining warform again. Must vote every day turn.

This is my other reason for guessing four elims. Anyone who grabs this gemstone without announcing it is sus in my eyes.

Scholarform: can research a form in order to make an additional gemstone of that type, which can be given away. Each form can only be researched once per game. Must provide at least one post above 150 words per day turn.
I myself will be getting this form as I am in the boat of not letting the elims have it. It will also be useful for the village as time passes. I intend to get a mateform and artform gem while in this form.

Nimbleform: a generic form. You may take an additional action once per cycle. When in nimbleform, you may only have 1 gemstone at a time.

A very harsh restriction, I wouldn't advise getting this role, as you can only take an additional gemstone grab (which is impossible because you would only get one gemstone), an additional PM, or one of each. The former is impossible, the latter two are not particularly useful. 

To recap, you suggest publicly claiming the bodyguard role, which tells the baddies who not to kill, suggest not grabbing gems of the type that the evil team can use to submit a kill and take an alibi action on the same turn, and have now announced you plan on grabbing one of the more powerful gems, which lets the baddies know who has it. 

I also think you're wrong about there being only four of the Chosen Fused. The warforms should mostly go to the good guys, which means an at least five person team is likely. 

I... can see both sides. On one hand, not announcing you couldn't be lynched... sighhhhh it feels kinda not great. On the other hand, announcing it does give the elims a good idea who not to kill.

So I don't see what Cream said right now as a particularly not great thing, although maybe if there are suspicious things later...

I find the analysis of Cream Tuatara extremely poor. Extra lives are annoying, but declaring that you have one is worse, since it causes a black hole of suspicion to swirl around you. It's better to take it early, to hopefully eat a kill. In addition, they also suggest that invoking a no vote is useful in the late game. In my opinion, it becomes even more crucial to vote in the late game, as the margins only get smaller. It feels like they are an Elim posting a role analysis to blend into the crowd of Villagers doing the same.

4 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Ok. 

So You're mavset I'm, and you decide to target ivory dragonfly or somebody. Ivory dragonfly is a nimble form. 

You would replace them in their account. They would lose their form, and go to the dead doc. In the writeup, it would be reported that Plum Rhino, a nimble form rebel died. Make sense? 

Yes, thank you.

1 hour ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Stuff was here

I agree with everyone disagreeing with this. You point out how basically every role available to us is 'elimmy' or 'useless' and advise those who get an extra life to say so, which isn't smart. I'm not sure an elim would be this blatant, however, so I won't vote you just yet.

Madiv plodded along with the rest of the group. It was so hard to think. She could remember bits and pieces of her life before, but so little. Had they really thought they could flee from their gods? This hardly seemed it could work now. They had to try, but it seemed…futile. She would persevere, though, no matter what she thought. Or didn’t think.

Okay, I’m here. Not going to add to the discussions about which form to use, I think there’s enough of that already. I’ll throw a vote on someone in a bit after I take care of some IRL stuff. Don’t want to go cycle one without a vote, and it’ll probably be RNG unless I reread and find anything that sticks out.

Alright, since no one else has posted and I've had time to track what was said… I don't agree with what some people suggested, like Cream's suggestion about saying we should claim when we grab Warform (although perhaps stating we did so before being lynched could be valid in some cases, to avoid wasting a lynch, but even then it may be iffy). That said, I don't think those reasons are good enough to place a vote on someone. Both because Elims are usually very careful not to post things that would draw attention to themselves like that (though mistakes can be made) so things like those are often village mistakes, but also because they can just often be legitimate mistakes from either side.  I lean village or NAI with things I disagree with usually.

So, instead I'm going to vote on one of the people who hasn't posted yet, as a poke vote, which will stay unless they respond, and will probably shift once they do, though no guarantees (depends on if I like their response). @Indigo Weasel, the Gods of RNG hath chosen you! Indigo Weasel, why would you betray our brethren to Odium, the wrathful god?

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion
To avoid double-posting

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

,but also because they can just often be legitimate mistakes from either side.  I lean village or NAI with things I disagree with usually.

You're framing it as a mistake of having not thought through the ramifications of their advice. I view it as potentially coming from an evil mindset. The baddies often avoid blatantly pushing bad strategies, but they can be caught being out of touch with how ordinary players would view the situation. 

1 hour ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Yes, thank you.

I agree with everyone disagreeing with this. You point out how basically every role available to us is 'elimmy' or 'useless' and advise those who get an extra life to say so, which isn't smart. I'm not sure an elim would be this blatant, however, so I won't vote you just yet.

See previous note, but I'll add, why not vote? Votes can be changed at any time, but having them in play raises the stakes. 

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

So, instead I'm going to vote on one of the people who hasn't posted yet, as a poke vote, which will stay unless they respond, and will probably shift once they do, though no guarantees (depends on if I like their response). @Indigo Weasel, the Gods of RNG hath chosen you! Indigo Weasel, why would you betray our brethren to Odium, the wrathful god?

(Penguin) Indigo Weasel 

11 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

(Penguin) Indigo Weasel 

Consider me... confused.

Ethid did her best as she walked, alongside her people, to keep the memories of the distant past in her mind. It was hard, in this form, but this form was necessary. Soon she would be able to live in the Rhythms once more, but she would have to stand the dullness a day's journey longer. Her past seemed like she had heard it in a story rather than lived it herself. The memories surfaced as if drawn with water- there, for a moment, but soon dried up- leaving the surface bare and hot.

Ethid was hot. The sun beat down on her and even in her current form she felt the heat in its fullness. How could she make it one more day?

Ethid knew the answer. She would make it because she must.

• Elandera locked and unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

We would need to prove who got those gems. Nimbleform could be proven by having those players send out two PMs in a single turn, Mateform by seeing which PMs open, and Workform by observing whether votes disappear.

The first two are easy for elims to cover for each other (not a good idea, but possible in a pinch). Workforms are required to vote, so their votes won't be disappearing. It's also fairly common for many players to vote every turn no matter what, so that'll be difficult to tell.

I'm hesitant to agree with the suggestions to claim gems. Doing this openly gives elims a better look at who to avoid targeting or to actually target to get rid of a power imbalance. Mediationform, for example, is best if people don't know whose vote is doubled. Warform is most effective if elims don't know who will survive. Even PMs are more effective if elims don't know who to target to get rid of a potentially dangerous one.

Chashen found herself shocked by how much everyone was talking. Were they not struggling as hard as she was to keep her thoughts straight? Did they not find themselves repeating the same thought over and over again? Well, if that was the case, then Chashen resolved to simply try harder at keeping up. She began to listen more intently to what people were saying, even coming up with thoughts of her own. And by Odium's name she was proud...or, well, not Odium anymore. But she was proud of her thoughts.

"I think that we should be careful about letting people know which forms we take. If the warforms are obvious about their new forms, or any form really, the traitors amongst us will be able to tell who they should avoid attacking or who they should go after. And I also don't like deciding that anyone is working Odium just because they might take a form that we find suspicious. We should definitely keep an eye on everyone, but going after someone simply for taking a certain form seems foolish to me. It honestly seems to me like [Cream Tuatarasince they don't have a character] is trying to get us to reveal things we shouldn't and to suspect things we don't necessarily need to suspect." Chashen paused, looking around as she realized how loud she'd been talking. "That might just be me though."

[OOC: Gonna put a vote count here in case anyone needs one

Tuatara (2): Falcon, Heron
Weasal (2): Scorpion, Vulture
Rhino (1): Lion
Swan (1): Rhino]

7 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I find the analysis of Cream Tuatara extremely poor. Extra lives are annoying, but declaring that you have one is worse, since it causes a black hole of suspicion to swirl around you. It's better to take it early, to hopefully eat a kill. In addition, they also suggest that invoking a no vote is useful in the late game. In my opinion, it becomes even more crucial to vote in the late game, as the margins only get smaller. It feels like they are an Elim posting a role analysis to blend into the crowd of Villagers doing the same.

Extra lives are useful to the village, very useful, but guess who have to worry about dying the most? Elims. There is no confirmed village role in this game, nor is there any more important player, so grabbing a warform is sus. But not grabbing it is stupid. So we need something in between. Announcing that you are getting a warform may help the elims, but it also tells us what we're getting into when attempting to exe someone. 

It really depends on the situation, sometimes you just need more info, or someone to be cleared by an action, it's not like we miss out on a discussion period, just the death of a player. I was a little wrong at that point, it can be useful during any point of the game, as long as the scenario is right.

6 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Yes, thank you.

I think four out of eight are elimmy, one is mostly useless to the village at large, and the other three are extremely useful to the village, even if any role can be used by the elims. 

1 hour ago, Mint Heron said:

"I think that we should be careful about letting people know which forms we take. If the warforms are obvious about their new forms, or any form really, the traitors amongst us will be able to tell who they should avoid attacking or who they should go after. And I also don't like deciding that anyone is working Odium just because they might take a form that we find suspicious. We should definitely keep an eye on everyone, but going after someone simply for taking a certain form seems foolish to me. It honestly seems to me like [Cream Tuatarasince they don't have a character] is trying to get us to reveal things we shouldn't and to suspect things we don't necessarily need to suspect." Chashen paused, looking around as she realized how loud she'd been talking. "That might just be me though."

[OOC: Gonna put a vote count here in case anyone needs one

Tuatara (2): Falcon, Heron
Weasal (2): Scorpion, Vulture
Rhino (1): Lion
Swan (1): Rhino]

I do have a character, Steel just forgot to put them up there. I might roleplay tomorrow. So, just asking, you want the elims to get all the warforms without any of the village knowing who got them because we won't be claiming in thread and therefore everyone will assume someone else is getting them, meaning no one will actually grab them, plus we won't know who grabbed them because they didn't announce they were grabbing them in thread. That idea works so well.

As for making you suspect things you don't need to suspect, should we not be suspecting the people who mysteriously tank the kill for no reason, making us waste an extra cycle of we want to kill them. Or do you not want to suspect the meditationform elims who can control the exe, or the workform elims who have every reason to jump on a bandwagon, then get extra protection because a vote is removed from them.

These ideas seem to be working very well, since they are resulting in two exes being taken over and several elims taking two cycles each to be killed. Those are working real well.

Some good points were made about the scholarform announcement, so I am now rethinking that choice. 

For reference, this is a Tuatara.

Edited by Cream Tuatara