Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

27 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Hmm. A triple tie going into the final parts of the cycle could be... interesting.

Chartreuse Penguin.

[To be clear, that's not the only reason I voted Penguin.]

Mind elaborating on your reasons? You mostly left Penguin out of your analysis earlier.

I tend to agree with Onyx on Penguin’s attitude torwards the last lynch. They should have jumped in with something to break the tie or offer an alternative, but just didn’t seem to care. I’m going to also drop a vote on Chartreuse Penguin for that mostly. It’s not a solid read, but it’s the best I’ve got this cycle so far.

7 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

@Cream Tuatara You've checked out this thread enough times :P Any thoughts?

Yep, one of my suspicions is Mouse for their comments about becoming an elim since the elims have had time to pass them a gem. The other is Mint Heron for their seeming hedgyness on their suspicion of me, not wanting to let go, but also not having any evidence for that sus read. My final one is Vulture because while I agree with their sus on Heron, their reasoning seems to be contrived. They're probably my least suspected though.

44 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Mind elaborating on your reasons? You mostly left Penguin out of your analysis earlier.

To be honest, my main reason was to watch and see how things play out, but it was added to by my sudden dislike of the Heron train and Penguin's most recent post/vote.

I'm beginning to see a problem in that every vote or stance seems suspicious to me. Your vote here reads elim, as do Tuatara's reads, and there isn't a real basis for either. I'm not sure what to do.

My final vote is unlikely to be on Penguin though.

Okay, full disclosure, Penguin and I are lovers. There's a reason why I'm bringing this up instead of practicing PM safety. I attuned to Mateform on Night 1. However, I was not given a PM, and was told there was an odd number of Mateform players, and that I got the short end of the stick. That was odd, since there was an even number of Mateform gems taken from the supply. I decided to stay in Mateform and see what happened. Today, I was paired up with Penguin. Notably, no one took any Mateform gems Day 2, so I asked him what took so long. He claimed that he didn't realize that Attuning was an action, so he just didn't submit the action.

There's only two possibilities. Penguin could be lying, and submitted a different action. Namely, he could have submitted the kill. However, I think that's unlikely. Someone was bound to notice the PM count being off. It would make more sense for an Elim with a less visible role submit the kill. More likely, Penguin is telling the truth. That's not definitive proof that he's a Villager though. Even Eliminators can forget to submit an action. 

So, if only for the selfish reason that I want my PM with him to keep going, I'm going to tie up the vote. Amber Vulture , I'm not sure you're an Elim, but I still don't like your vote on Opal Lion. Plum Rhinoceros ,  I still distrust you, but it looks like there's no appetite for a vote on you.

5 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

I don't suspect Rhino. See this comment:

[OOC: ….this is the punishment I deserve for not double checking my facts in that post. I mixed up which of you and Falcon it was that had said they didn’t trust Rhino and voted on them. Now I remember more of why I was suspecting Falcon. In my defense, I spent nearly an hour writing that post and thinking about what I wanted to do with my vote. I got a little carried away and clearly just a little bit confused.

I am resisting the urge to react negatively to the fact that we are now tied up once again. I will be on for at least an hour before rollover, more if I’m lucky, so I will be on to ensure a successful removal around that time. Assuming no votes change until I’m next on, my plan is to remove my vote on Vulture to ensure we at least get an exe on Penguin. Not the most ideal situation, but it would have to do if it comes down to it.]

26 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

I am resisting the urge to react negatively to the fact that we are now tied up once again. I will be on for at least an hour before rollover, more if I’m lucky, so I will be on to ensure a successful removal around that time. Assuming no votes change until I’m next on, my plan is to remove my vote on Vulture to ensure we at least get an exe on Penguin. Not the most ideal situation, but it would have to do if it comes down to it.]

My final vote is very unlikely to end up on Penguin, so if you legitimately suspect Vulture it's probably more of an actual vote than mine and you're more than welcome to leave it on if that's what you'd like. Yknow what let's just... Penguin, yeah...

I'm continuing to dislike every incoming post so I think I just need to sleep on things.

Not sure how to take Falcon's claim. I suppose I'll mark Falcon/Penguin as not e/e because the elims took, at maximum, one Mateform- that I'm sure. Doesn't mean they're e/v though. But I don't understand why Falcon needed to claim a PM with Penguin, effectively outing both their roles (which isn't ideal in any circumstance), and that to me reads unnecessary. And their reasoning is... less than convincing, I guess. It's very personal, and like, I definitely led the charge on Albatross, who I was in a PM with, so :P.

I'll see what I think about Falcon in the morning, as well as what the count looks like.

Repeating request from before: Village manips, if you exist, refrain from manipping if possible- it could be beneficial to force the elims' hand in their manip. But that does allow them to control it if they can without any repercussions, so you do you.

Edit: I am fully prepared to and will vote NotVulture tomorrow if they're still leading for some reason. Doesn't really matter who it is, but I firmly believe Vulture is village.

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

4 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

(This is me confirming that yes, me and Falcon are both love birds and that I did not realize attuning to mateform would be a action that first cycle)

TJ confirmed. (j/k)

Bro, I literally dropped that reminder on N1 for that reason :P

I don't know if I'll be back for close/the rest of this Turn. I had a large dataset dropped on me at work with orders to clean it by morning. So I'm due for a fun couple hours of attempting to work miracles, at the very least. I'm going to do my best with what I have:

-Noted, thank you Beagle, Rhino, Scorpion, and Tuatara for your responses.

-Would like to know why @Cream Tuatara has suspicions but is allergic to voting.

-I do still have suspicions of Heron but as the poster-boy for RL getting in the way on C1, I think my gut thinks they feel genuine enough I'm upgrading them back to null or a very very arguable and light null+ for the moment. Also feel like an Elim Heron could make the same defense but just lynch Ross last-minute. That move does look like an Elim pulling off a bad lynch but it's not like Heron really needed to pull off: there was enough consensus that ties are bad/ties hurt us.

-Rhino scares me. Also:

4 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Repeating request from before: Village manips, if you exist, refrain from manipping if possible- it could be beneficial to force the elims' hand in their manip. But that does allow them to control it if they can without any repercussions, so you do you.

Bro this is the second time you've said this, and Ross corrected you the first time. Last cycle there were no vote manips at all. This cycle, there's literally just one type of vote manip role and it's a double vote. You're basically asking them not to vote. Elims only get this manip if they grabbed mediationform. Workform gems were not taken and that's a passive anyway so they can't help it. Also, I would endorse this policy with a different train but I feel confident enough - for the moment - in my light Village read on Vulture that I don't want to actually leave him up for a LAFO. 

Current count:

Beagle (1): Lion
Falcon (1): Rhino
Heron (2): Dragonfly, Vulture
Penguin (2): Scorpion, Flamingo
Vulture (3): Falcon, Penguin, Heron

To me, of all the candidates I can conscionably vote on, knowing that I may not be back in time to swap, it has to be between Falcon, Heron, and Penguin. I've already said that Heron is a non-starter for me this cycle. I continue to get a negative gut read on Rhino, which I can't do anything about at this stage. It might be his current indecision, I suppose.

I generally put low credence on the idea of two Elims in mateform but not entirely since it's a roll of the dice. To be sure, Wilson and Wyrm have notably done that before in AG3 (PM, not Lovers, let's just be clear...) and a number of Villagers ruled them out as Elims as a result "because they'd have the doc if they were Elim, why make PMs?" That being said, I feel as though it'd be weird for Elim Penguin to blow an action on getting into mateform subsequently, since he can just lie about the Mateform PM with Falcon. So for this scenario to be true, both Falcon and Penguin would need to be lying, which just strikes me as odd. So I agree with Rhino I don't think they're Elims together.

Eh, let's play it safe. Beagle, Penguin. I don't like the two trains, but I will have to vote/act to my priorities since I may not be back in time, and I think it'd be nice to get a clear sensing of what the situation was on D2.

Thank you for renewing your subscription to Lion 2.0 pinch-hitting services! There will be a temporary service disruption due to the application of the Dataset patch but we look forward to serving you again going forward!

Edited by Opal Lion
storming colour editor

5 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

Bro this is the second time you've said this, and Ross corrected you the first time. Last cycle there were no vote manips at all. This cycle, there's literally just one type of vote manip role and it's a double vote. You're basically asking them not to vote. Elims only get this manip if they grabbed mediationform. Workform gems were not taken and that's a passive anyway so they can't help it. Also, I would endorse this policy with a different train but I feel confident enough - for the moment - in my light Village read on Vulture that I don't want to actually leave him up for a LAFO. 

Yeah I just completely missed Ross' post. Thanks. And fair, I just... don't know. Is the double vote passive? I guess it's passive? Alright nobody listen to me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But I don't want to leave Vulture for a LAFO either. But I guess that's what my vote kind of did, I'm now realizing. Huh. I'll stay on Falcon for the time being, I suppose. No guarantees that it's locked there though.

5 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

I continue to get a negative gut read on Rhino, which I can't do anything about at this stage. It might be his current indecision, I suppose.

I can't do anything about it at this stage either :P I suppose if it is the indecision I could decide something. I'm not normally indecisive, I don't think. This is weird.

Penguin (3): Scorpion, Flamingo, Lion
Vulture (3): Falcon, Penguin, Heron
Heron (2): Dragonfly, Vulture
Falcon (1): Rhino

Once again we have a lovely tie. We also have three people who've come out to vouch for Heron but couldn't really come up with any reasons other than that they feel Heron is village, which is strange. I would hope elims defending a teammate would at least have some evidence-based arguments. Lion saying Heron could have voted for Ross anyway is true, but Ross died anyway, and also I'm stronger village!Lion than elim!Heron so I'm not counting this as a likely defense of a teammate. I would rather exe Penguin than Vulture, but I'll keep the vote on Heron until it becomes untenable since there's no reason Mavset-Im shouldn't have submitted the N1 kill unless the elims planned to go for the 'I just forgot to use a gemstone N1' excuse all along.

Do we think everyone's gotten and attuned to their gems by now? Because if so, we could have a PM party tonight and make it difficult to submit the night kill. Just putting it out there. 

The Mateform thing is intriguing. You two can't vote for each other, right? So Falcon gets a pass if Penguin flips elim. Their story is so oddly specific that I believe it. But I'm not sure 'probably didn't submit the kill' is enough to clear someone  

Edit: Dragonfly, vote count aside, who are you down to kill between Heron and Penguin? Mine is movable

Double edit: nevermind it wouldn't work since you're the 2nd on Heron. We'd need a third

Heron, Penguin

Edited by Amber Vulture

52 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Yeah I just completely missed Ross' post. Thanks. And fair, I just... don't know. Is the double vote passive? I guess it's passive? Alright nobody listen to me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Seems passive to me. Be glad to get @Steeldancer's clarification on this though.

54 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

But I don't want to leave Vulture for a LAFO either. But I guess that's what my vote kind of did, I'm now realizing. Huh. I'll stay on Falcon for the time being, I suppose. No guarantees that it's locked there though.

Yeah, side-eying you there a little, mate :P 

11 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Double edit: nevermind it wouldn't work since you're the 2nd on Heron. We'd need a third

My issue is I tone-read Heron as a someone who had a rough day and made some mistakes. That being said, having a rough day isn't Village-exclusive, and I do lean Elim in my read of what they've done so far. I don't know, if it's between Heron and Penguin, I'm honestly more suspicious of Heron than I am of Penguin at the moment. My attitude towards Penguin is more of a null LAFO at this stage.

I think it's worth pointing out Heron currently inhabits both the warform and scholarform lists. It's not alignment indicative, but people should act in light of that knowledge.

3 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Yeah, side-eying you there a little, mate :P 

I didn't notice at first, and only when today I looked back and reflected. Yesterday I just went with my greatest suspicion, which is where I am now, and I don't like either train- but I also realize that if I act on my suspicions, I need to act on my trusts, and I do trust Vulture.

Penguin's flip will give us more information anyway, since they've been a candidate all three days. I don't like it, but I think Vulture's village. I will switch off if Penguin gains a bigger lead.

2 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Because I'm on mobile until later today, and changing color is a pain on mobile.

You can totally still do it though, with the code. I type that on a computer anyway.

Mediationforms double vote is passive. Also someone asked about what would happen if they voted on a workform, and obviously it would end up with just one vote on the workform. 
Half an hour to go! (I got sucked into Spy x Family so I'm only just starting to take care of stuff... oops.)

Just now, Cream Tuatara said:

Because I'm on mobile until later today, and changing color is a pain on mobile.

:ph34r:

[colour=red]Wyrmhero[/color] [colour=green]Wyrmhero[/color]

My life changed once I discovered these. Just use American rather than Brit spelling.

A storm was in the air. Atticus could smell it. Wet, with the promise of a deluge that would wash them off the face of the earth, if they didn't seek shelter. So much for their ragtag group.

Arguments and indecision. Atticus sympathised. He could not make up his mind about Chashen, or the other, the one they called the Penguin in mateform. He was no stranger to rash acts. In his dreams, he stabbed himself in the chest with a knife, and then awoke, attuning quietly to the Rhythm of Desperation.

Some of the others still squabbled about whether there were truly those among them who would sell them out to the Fused.

Atticus shook his head. Fools.

The dreams weighed heavily on him. A man laughed, and then collapsed on the streets, blood running from the many wounds he'd been hiding. He'd dreamed of him last night, only Atticus seemed feel the knife in his own hands, the brother's blood staining his own hands.

Of course there was traitors. It wasn't about whether you believed in them, or not. You did not need to believe in highstorms for them to kill you.

After all, what reason would he have to believe in something he knew to be true?M

Find them, he thought, attuned to the Rhythm of Determination. Find them, or die.

There was no other way out.

3 minutes ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

You can totally still do it though, with the code. I type that on a computer anyway.

Same.

SXVTJTIPNLFHLRJTUIHKQSDJBLHYEVUKPJURJYIWUTPWMQNXPS

Well, here I am again. Sorry - didn't have much time to post anyway today, and the one time I'd planned out to, my internet storming died.

And here I am again with no one to vote on. I can join on Penguin, or I could solo-vote Tuatara and see what that comes up with, although Workform is not one of those possibilities.

I suppose I'd rather vote Penguin than try anything funny. Not much of a point (as I don't think I've seen the Meditations accuse Penguin of much of anything besides lingering confusion) but it's better than just voting my self or creating a one-man bandwagon that I'd be more suspicious than not if it actually triggered a switch. I am hesitant of Tuatara though, and today is less busy for me so I'll hopefully have something for the night turn.

The rock settled under Jalnor's feet. They were used to that feeling, trying to keep steady even while trying to maintain speed. But the rock here felt almost hostile. Rockbuds and grasses responded more quickly to the singer's steps. Caution had been thrown to the wind.

Jalnor had always been one of the cautious ones. They'd hesitated even in changing forms, lest one of the darker gods enter into their body instead of the intended. But with the pace that warform, nimbleform, and workform set, they were out of options. That was their whole story, the singers: they were forever, forever, out of options.

LG79/AN10 Night 3: Elrin Cried
It was a long and hard debate, in Thane's eyes. He didn't say much other than to point out he had been in workform for a while now. 
But the others were determined to find out who had attempted to kill Kethri. Eventually, the subject of conversation came to Elrin. Elrin sat next to her mate, quiet. 
"If you're innocent, why didn't you take on mateform earlier?" Pavli said to the rhythm of skepticism. 
Elrin struggled to explain, trying to show how she had been asleep during the storm, until it had been too late. A child or two, as well as her mate, backed her up, but most did not believe her. 
Pavli took her, and dragged her away from her mate. "Moirin, may I?"
Moirin nodded her head. 
Thane turned his face away from what was to happen next. 
---
Abaram grinned. This had been way too easy so far. It didn't appear that she would be able to turn them back, their leaders were still strong, and she hadn't found a good opportunity to kill of Moirin, the leader of the group yet. But honestly, she didn't want to kill her yet. This was kind of fun, the kind of fun Abaram had been craving. She watched as Elrin was slain, tears still on her red and black marbled face. Good riddance. Didn't even have the spine to properly stand up for herself. The other mateform started weeping, and Abaram was tempted to kill them on the spot. But she restrained herself. No reason to give herself away now. Her servants were also doing fairly well at blending in. It was only a matter of time...
---
Chartreuse Penguin(6): Rhino, Vulture, Lion, Flamingo, Beagle, Scorpion
Amber Vulture(3): Heron, Penguin, Falcon
Mint Heron(1): Dragonfly

Chartreuse Penguin was exed! They were a Mateform Rebel. 
Fuchsia Ostrich was killed for inactivity. They were a Dullform Rebel.
Azure Mouse has a pinch hitter! Please note the account the pinch hitter was assigned to was determined by the impartial gods of Luck and Chance, or as I call them, the dice gods. 

Player List

Spoiler

1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin- Elrin Mateform Rebel
6. Coral Swan Dullform Rebel
7. Cream Tuatara
8. Emerald Falcon
9. Fuchsia Ostrich Dullform Rebel
10. Indigo Weasel
11. Ivory Dragonfly- Kethri
12. Magenta Albatross Dullform Rebel
13. Mauve Crocodile  Dullform Rebel
14. Melon Dingo
15. Mint Heron- Chashen
16. Onyx Flamingo
17. Opal Lion- Atticus
18. Oxblood Beagle- Jalnor
19. Plum Rhinoceros- Edith

The night will end in about 23 hours, at 12:00 AM 7/28/21

Mr Steel, I really do not like that sea of green on the player list :/

To be fair, the landslide that hit Penguin should probably have been indicative, I guess. This gives us a v/v lynch on D2. Tempted to think the Elims would have no reason to horseplay there, but I'll go back and relook things again. 

As we know no workform was/has been in play, the fact that the number of votes that have shown up are as expected tells us that mediationform is not in play yet, or that possibly, the form has not been used and someone's hanging on to the gemstone. Don't think it's possible to work out alignment, but I expect we might have some nasty surprises in store if it's in Elim hands.

Edited to add: Ostrich was a dullform rebel. Presumably because they were inactive. Going back to the figure of seven who failed to claim gemstones D1, this makes it three known to have failed; myself, Ross, and Ostrich

Scorpion and Weasel succeeded; Falcon succeeded, or Penguin would have called them out, and Penguin had no reason to lie. Dragonfly definitely succeeded as well. Five known to have succeeded. 

Here's an interesting question. Suppose that as per Dragonfly's reckoning, seven players did not secure gems. One of them would be Mavset-im and unable to have the gem in the first place. Without naming names, with a simple yes/no answer, how many of you were the recipients of a PM started on N2?

I was.

Edited by Opal Lion
extra enter spaces

14 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Here's an interesting question. Suppose that as per Dragonfly's reckoning, seven players did not secure gems. One of them would be Mavset-im and unable to have the gem in the first place. Without naming names, with a simple yes/no answer, how many of you were the recipients of a PM started on N2?

[OOC: I don't think I'm following the thought process here. First of all, there's nothing stopping the mavset-im for going for a gem, correct? I may have just been assuming that for some reason, but perhaps they both can't take a form and can't grab a gem to begin with. Second, what is the goal of learning who received PMs N2? Is it just to narrow down who can and can't be the mavset-im?]

1 minute ago, Mint Heron said:

[OOC: I don't think I'm following the thought process here. First of all, there's nothing stopping the mavset-im for going for a gem, correct? I may have just been assuming that for some reason, but perhaps they both can't take a form and can't grab a gem to begin with. Second, what is the goal of learning who received PMs N2? Is it just to narrow down who can and can't be the mavset-im?]

Yeah, I meant Mavset-im can't use a gem. I'm tired, it's late :P 

Rationale is to just get a better picture of the spread of night actions, and to promote some discussion, and I think that it is relatively harmless as a point of discussion since I am deliberately asking people to only answer 'Yes' if they received a night PM (I suppose they could also specify if it was a group PM), but to leave names out of it. In addition, claiming only if you received a PM still gives us a general picture of how many actions were flying around (asterisked since if Wyrm and Ren both claim to have received group PMs, we don't know if they received the same group PM, or not) but doesn't require players to claim if they themselves made one, which could potentially out Village scholarforms.

• Presumably, if you've successfully attained a form N1, you won't be spending your night action N2 on shifting form again. I would assume the exception would be our mateforms Scorp and Weasel, but even so. This means our Village pool is likely to be spending their action making PMs, because quite frankly, what else can you do?
  • If you have successfully attained a form D2 but did not get a gemstone D1, you are likely to burn an action on it N2. Most people like having a role :P 
  • We want to generally have an idea of what players - Elim and Village - are doing. Having a fallible but vague idea of where actions are going is useful. If an overwhelming majority are creating Night PMs, then we know it is unlikely that Elims are leaning into their stash at the moment.

I was the recipient of an N2 PM and it was a group PM.

9 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Presumably, if you've successfully attained a form N1, you won't be spending your night action N2 on shifting form again. I would assume the exception would be our mateforms Scorp and Weasel, but even so. This means our Village pool is likely to be spending their action making PMs, because quite frankly, what else can you do?

[OOC: Did I miss something? I do not remember either of those players claiming mateform, nonetheless with each other.

And I was not the recipient of a PM N2.]