Will Jasnah get pregnant soon?

Oltux72

I am sorry, but this is a question that needs to be asked. Jasnah is a very ruthless women and anything but a coward. If she sees a tool that is too good not to be used, she will use it, even if it is her own body. So why would she do that?

• She cannot trust Hoid. Do you remember their initial encounter? She needs leverage.
  • Allomancy. Jasnah spent a long time in Shadesmar. She would have read any book she got her hands on. And the spren will have books on other worlds and their Arcane Arts.
  • Alethkar is a monarchy. Royal children are a diplomatic asset.

It seems kinda far fetched to me. It just feels weirdly petty for her to use a child as blackmail over Hoid. I mean she's supposed to actually care about him, she's not that ruthless. Also, if having children was so important for Jasnah as a member of the royal family, she probably wouldn't have gone unmarried through her late thirties. (That's not even getting into the issue of having an illegitimate child as the queen of Alethkar.)

Edited by LuckyJim

I...don't think this will happen at all, or at least not soon. The Alethkar line is secure right now with Jasnah and Gavinor. Jasnah having a child would complicate things, as feelings about who should inherit may create a succession crisis. Adolin and Shallan should probably be more worried than Jasnah, since the line of succession would be: 

Jasnah,

Gavinor (and any potential future children from Gavinor),

Adolin and Shallan's children. 

In terms of keeping Wit around...I don't think that would be enough of a reason to keep him around, honestly. The guy has lived for thousands upon thousands of years. He's probably seen lovers come and go. Heck, he may have seen children come and go, so having one here isn't that big of a deal. Besides, Wit is more likely to want to bring Jasnah along with him on his adventures if she's willing than settle down on Roshar long-term. It may be more beneficial to keep Wit as a lover who is willing to take her on wild adventures around the Cosmere than it would be to try and force him to settle in one place with her. 

To have Child, she need to first get maried. And im not talking about physical ability to have children, im talking about legal stuff. She Has opinion as controvercial person, I dont see how on Roshar she would set her child on the Throne od Alethkar, if she is not maried, and her child is out od the legal line of heretige.

Im also with @Use the Falchion - Jasnah is scientist and adventurer, she more Likely enforce some laws, and Vanish.

It's not on the Arcanum yet, but we got confirmation that Brandon didn't have the idea of the couple until like, the end of Oathbringer. (Which was kinda obvious for how there's no set-up at all, and once again something that suggests that Brandon is bad with gut decisions.)

So if something like this is going to happen, it wasn't the plan for Jasnah and/or Hoid until a few years back. And I don't think Brandon would improvise something this important for the characters just out of nowhere. So I don't think it's going to happen. (And yes, this line of thinking implies that Jasnah and Hoid as a couple won't ever be extremely important, and probably not a thing anymore in the back five.)

Jasnah is ace according to WOB IIRC.  Also there's Gavinor as the heir, plus she wants to move away from monarchy towards democracy anyway.  

6 hours ago, Elegy said:

once again something that suggests that Brandon is bad with gut decisions

Huh?  Out of his gut decisions that I've seen (Kelsier/Thaidakar's entire storyline in Secret History, TOdium, the changes to WOR with respect to who is killed, the change to Kaladin vs. Szeth), only one of them IMO has actually been bad (Kaladin vs. Szeth, which IMO was very clearly Szeth committing suicide in the original and Kaladin not understanding that until it was too late).  

9 minutes ago, GroundPetrel said:

Huh?  Out of his gut decisions that I've seen (Kelsier/Thaidakar's entire storyline in Secret History, TOdium, the changes to WOR with respect to who is killed, the change to Kaladin vs. Szeth), only one of them IMO has actually been bad (Kaladin vs. Szeth, which IMO was very clearly Szeth committing suicide in the original and Kaladin not understanding that until it was too late).  

Most of those that you mentioned aren't really gut decisions as I personally would define them. In the case of Thaidakar and TOdium, both options had been floating around in his head for a long time and he had a lot of time to consider them. So they were well thought-out, albeit he hadn't completely decided yet if he wanted to go with them until pretty late in the game. Not gut decisions as far as I see it, although I could see why you would disagree.They were good calls though, no doubt. Also, agreed with the Kaladin vs. Szeth thing, it bothers me soo much.

What I mean are things like Alloy of Law having a cliffhanger as a planned one-book story, which certainly played a part in it becoming a four book series that he took 10+ more years to finish. Or some of the things that he did under immense time constraints, like the title Cytonic (like, imagine a Mistborn book with the title Allomantic, ugh). While I think Brandon excells at making good decisions when he really sits down and thinks them through, I have noticed that things that he makes up on the fly don't really vibe with me a lot of the time.

Edited by Elegy