Time of the Contest

Jondesu

Okay, so we know Dalinar didn’t think much about the time and date of the contest of champions, other than how soon it was, but there’s no way Odium didn’t think it through fully.

The tenth hour of the day of the tenth month.

Should Dalinar have checked whether there was a highstorm coming? One that, since they’ve been rising higher, might envelope the very top of the tower right at the tenth hour?

Or an Everstorm, which normally stays lower, but which Odium could bring higher, perhaps without feeling he’d violated his agreement?

Dalinar could have maybe asked what the challenge actually ENTAILS though...

I am so mad he could consent without being told what he was consenting to - OR EVEN ASKING

Edit: This actually kind of ruins the suspense I feel for book 5. The suspense of finding out what the battle of champions is seems forced and makes no sense - Dalinar should know and so should we. 

Edited by teknopathetic

On 7/5/2021 at 7:40 PM, teknopathetic said:

Dalinar could have maybe asked what the challenge actually ENTAILS though...

I am so mad he could consent without being told what he was consenting to - OR EVEN ASKING

Edit: This actually kind of ruins the suspense I feel for book 5. The suspense of finding out what the battle of champions is seems forced and makes no sense - Dalinar should know and so should we. 

It's a fight to the death

5 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

It is specifically said the challenge is more than that. 

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

I am not aware of anything that said that, could you provide quotes?

They say that is more than a simple fight to the death in a metaphorical sense. For all intents and purposes, it is a duel between two warriors to the death.